• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder what they mean by "One signature documentary a year". It seems like WWE just churns out documentaries monthly right now. Unless they only mean stuff like "The Last Ride" and not "365" or "WWE Chronicle"

s_mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Birmingham, UK
I'm pretty sure Vince and the combined McMahon family own enough of the stock itself that a hostile takeover would not be possible, though I don't know that 100% for sure. Either way, I would be shocked beyond shocked if anything like that happened while Vince is still alive. After he goes, though, I think just about anything could happen

Last I checked that was certainly the case. IIRC, while Vince owns less than 50% of the stock, he has something like 80% of the voting power due to his shares giving him more of it than regular ones. Only the McMahon family can hold the more valuable shares.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I don't watch any WWE programming but whenever I see a review or whatever of an episode of RAW on Youtube it always looks absolutely fucking wretched from the single pic they use in the video link.

A blonde girl with pigtails cosplaying Harley Quinn on a swing or something?!

What the fuck am I even looking at here?!

I don't watch it myself, but most of what I hear sounds pretty bad. But tbh, I think most modern wrestling is pretty terrible and have gone so off the plot to what wrestling is. People go wild over AEW, and tbh, I think it's largely awful, even shocking so at times. So I am not in a position where I feel like I can judge it one way or another as I clearly do not align with modern fans. WWE ratings keep going down, but I dunno, maybe those that still watch it enjoy whatever they are doing.

Damn šŸ˜‚

Doesn't feel like it

It launched at Wrestlemania 30, and the upcoming Wrestlemania in April is 35 (they dropped numbering after 30), so yeah, as of March it will be just under 5.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
All that money for a garbage company run by a garbage person who treats their talent like garbage. Both Fox and NBC keeps duping themselves into believing that people give a shit about WWE anymore.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah the deal works from both sides. WWE will make more money with less expense now and gets access to 30 million new eyes, while Peakcock gets constant live events, another thing to try to retain there existing members and a million new members.

I mean, smackdown is currently on terrestrial TV network that reached 200 million Americans.

The only event they have that has mainstream reach in 2021 is Mania and it's a 6 hour bloatfest

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Crazy. Some of these streaming services really are desperate for content.

spindashing

Oct 25, 2017
Queens, New York
I kept my sub for a completely computer illiterate older family member but I guess it's nice to know I can watch The Office again.

Is that all what Peacock's good for? lmao.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
200 million a year for a service that never made that per year? WWE keeps failing upwards. Amazing.

s_mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Birmingham, UK
That's the countdown until somebody else pays WWE $10 billion for streaming rights of all their shows because somebody in power remembers it being big when they were younger.

They'll catch on eventually, or NBCUniversal's management team will change. With this and the USA TV deal, I do wonder if Vince has pictures of the boss of NBCUniversal in flagrante with a goat or something.

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I guess it's better this way than having multiple tiers of subscription models for your app. At the very least I wouldn't have to suffer through that horrible app anymore.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Wow WWE got that billy and they'll get more eyes being on this app? Damn they get a W here. I didn't expect this.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if this went to a streaming service people actually gave a shit about i would say it could be an opportunity for the wwe to see some growth but i doubt it will generate much more than it already has since nobody gives shit about peacock.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
if this went to a streaming service people actually gave a shit about i would say it could be an opportunity for the wwe to see some growth but i doubt it will generate much more than it already has since nobody gives shit about peacock.
Supposedly 26 million subscribers.
But heck...I hardly use it.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Putting all the PPV's on the network from the start was a huge mistake. Fans could spot the mistake before it happened but they have Vince in charge and he has not had a clue since about 2000.

mztik

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
hhhmania29.gif

DZTXhmC.gif

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Give me the full run of WCW Saturday Night and WWF Superstars and my interest will be piqued.

Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone here used Peacock? Is it any good? Basically will this be an improvement for WWE? lol

My only experience with Peacock is using it to watch a few episodes of Yellowstone. I used it through my comcast cable box and it is the SLOWEST streaming service I have ever used. Maybe if I used it with a normal smart TV, game console or chromecast it may have been better.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
It is really baffling how WWE continues to make tons of money even though the product is at its absolute worst.

A lot of it is because traditional TV services have been chasing live tv/sports for a while now because they feel it's a big advantage over on demand streaming to get people to actually watch it. This somehow lead to the idea that any live sport/tv would be good for a network and then somehow a couple of networks lost their damn mind, fox especially, and decided to pay absurd amounts of money to wwe for the TV rights.

Because of this wwe money isn't actually based on the fans and getting them to buy into merch and tickets or ppvs, it's more based on the big TV networks money and blood money as well. Fans aren't the wwe customers that they care about anymore which a lot of people point to as a reason they don't give a fuck what fans actually want or care about and haven't done for a long time.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
For a couple years I was only subscribing the day of Wrestlemania and then cancelling right after. I just got nothing else I was interested in from the network.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Dave Meltzer talked about this and it roughly works out as around $60m-$70m extra a year for WWE plus they can make more savings by reducing staff and maintenance costs for the network.

He also talked about the possibility of them also wanting to go after smackdown once the deal with fox is up so even if fox want to cut the deal down due to ratings, they would probably have another option to bring this to peacock too and have all of the WWE content under one ownership.

A great deal for a terrible company, run by even worse people.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone know if this will have an impact on how long it takes Raw to hit the Network? Since NBC owns USA could we see live Raw on the Network? Or shorter delays?