• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
EatChildren

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
It's so obviously true. There's no reason at all to have a tweet like that prepared and linked to any article. Most probably, as stated by others, a report has gone out and is under embargo. This was a scheduled tweet they've fucked by mixing up links and titles.

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Metro did sell $10 less and because of Epic's reach the game ended up being cheaper in way more countries. It still is the rare exception but stop saying it never happened. Your argument is good enough to say it's so rare it's not worth holding out hope for.

You missed the thread that popped up a week later. Epic started offering regional pricing on Metro and it relatively matched the price drop the US version got.
With non-exclusivity, people that need regional pricing would've got it on Steam and people in EU and US would've gotten it even cheaper thanks to 3rd party stores.

AvernOffset

May 6, 2018
So judging by the image, Symphony + Rondo dual pack might hit PC? That feels real good, and since I already own multiple copies of each game, waiting the extra year for the Steam release will be trivially easy.

Shame about Outer Worlds though.

Deleted member 47318

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 1, 2018
If even Take Two is down for this kind of thing, then I'm assuming we haven't even seen the tip of the iceberg...

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Sure, ban me because I don't understand boycotting a game you want to play because of the launcher….

The launcher that leaked private information?
The launcher that accessed your personal files on your HDD without your permission?
The launcher Chinese cant even start because Epic locks Chinese IPs.
The launcher that forbids outside key sales?
The launcher that wont let you play games on Linux?
The launcher that wont let you use whatever controller you want?

"iTs JuSt aNoThEr LaUnChEr!1!"

alosarjos

Oct 27, 2017
200.gif

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
It is 9:22 AM
Do you know where my caffeine is

It almost assuredly went up too early, probably for tomorrow

Yup, 11:30-12:30 pst.

Probably too early to start drinking, I'm sorry to say.

Hey, maybe Epic shocks us all and unveils some cool feature that we'd all want, like game trading or timed demos of all products on the store?

(doubtful)

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
Man, I'm glad I don't care about what launcher I use to play games on. I already have the Epic Launcher installed thanks to a half-dozen attempts to get into fortnite, so I'll probably be playing it either there or on PS4.

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The launcher that accessed your personal files on your HDD without your permission?

#steamcamp however the first one happened to Steam too, albeit very briefly.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, 11:30-12:30 pst.

Probably too early to start drinking, I'm sorry to say.

Hey, maybe Epic shocks us all and unveils some cool feature that we'd all want, like game trading or timed demos of all products on the store?

(doubtful)

Epic?

Announcing brand new features that would improve their store for consumers?

Doubtful indeed.

anastiel

Banned
Mar 14, 2019

I'm afraid they used it to pick up the most searched and highest-numbered products on the steam wish list.

mrglcs

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Man.. Metro and Outer Worlds were my most anticipated PC games this year.. and now both of them got bought. Fucking hell..

Oct 25, 2017
Regional pricing that were still higher than buying from third party stores, which can't sell if the game is on epic stores

Darksiders 3 base regional pricing is $25 for me since implementing regional pricing at 31 Jan

lowest Darksiders 3 key according to Isthereanydeal at that time was $47 ( " at that time "meaning at 31 Jan )

Last edited:

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Sure, if you're also fine with banning all "fuck epic" posters. Because those are also the same comments in every thread.
that's not the same

fuck epic people are saying how they feel

not telling others how they should feel about it like the it's just a icon idiots

they can discuss how it effects people and why they made their decision but saying 'its a different client' is just such endless shitposting garbage every thread it could be wiped off the face of the earth and we would only be better for it

Caspar

Oct 29, 2017
UK
Just like your games when they shut the whole thing down?
That's more an issue with digital purchases in general. I lost P.T on Sony store and Alan Wake briefly on Steam. It's definitely a long term concern that needs solving eventually.

Edit: I was wrong about Alan Wake.

Last edited:

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
Even though i have a very capable PC, im glad i moved back to the Console space as my main platform. Have not been enjoying playing on PC like i sue to.

juventino13

Oct 27, 2017
Walmart
Metro did sell $10 less and because of Epic's reach the game ended up being cheaper in way more countries. It still is the rare exception but stop saying it never happened. Your argument is good enough to say it's so rare it's not worth holding out hope for.

You missed the thread that popped up a week later. Epic started offering regional pricing on Metro and it relatively matched the price drop the US version got.
I bought Metro for $20 thanks to regional pricing form Epic

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
With non-exclusivity, people that need regional pricing would've got it on Steam and people in EU and US would've gotten it even cheaper thanks to 3rd party stores.
No it's a fact that Epic is offering regional pricing in countries Valve never touched. Epic is better than Valve on this front.

You are sort of right that by offering it in multiple stores the game would've been cheaper for us Americans and Europeans.

The catch is that the discount is limited to sporadic sales so it would only help the savviest more determined bargain hunters. Metro's Epic MSRP otoh ensures that everyone enjoys a discount and in aggregate this makes the game cheaper for consumers as a group instead of only the most proactive consumers.

Let's not get too caught up in trying to prop up Metro as a bastion for Epic offering cheaper games though. It's the only game to really offer that benefit so while we can't say it never happened it's not worth it to claim there is any reasonable chance of price reductions for other Epic timed exclusives.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
This is going to get a lot worse I guess. Sad I'll be missing out on a lot of games but it's not like I don't have plenty to play already.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
You know, I thought Epic could have done something really unique in PC scene:
Setting up studio to help translate JP only VNs and games for their store.
Funding cutting edge looking games for PC (Crysis esque).
Making unique cross promotion Fornite skins for most games on their store.
Some indie jam program.

Shoving money down publisher's throat is so lazy.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
this can create a big problem, commercial espionage
Yeah, and it makes sense with the data they were pulling too... Now of course you could pull this by just scanning peoples profiles through the Steam web portal I suppose, but I guess just pulling that information out of those files is a bit easier, innit it.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
No it's a fact that Epic is offering regional pricing in countries Valve never touched. Epic is better than Valve on this front.

And on the other hand Epic also ignores stores where Valve offers regional pricing like Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand etc.

The catch is that the discount is limited to sporadic sales so it would only help the savviest more determined bargain hunters.

I don't think thats true. Half of DMC5 reviews showed that the game wasnt bought over Steam, so half of the sales from DMC5 amounted from outside websites.

Oct 25, 2017

You are sort of right that by offering it in multiple stores the game would've been cheaper for us Americans and Europeans.

The catch is that the discount is limited to sporadic sales so it would only help the savviest more determined bargain hunters. Metro's Epic MSRP otoh ensures that everyone enjoys a discount and in aggregate this makes the game cheaper for consumers as a group instead of only the most proactive consumers.

Let's not get too caught up in trying to prop up Metro as a bastion for Epic offering cheaper games though. It's the only game to really offer that benefit so while we can't say it never happened it's not worth it to claim there is any reasonable chance of price reductions for other Epic timed exclusives.
There's still countries that have regional pricing on both Steam and Epic, who did not get any kind of discount for Metro. The whole continent of Europe is a good example. It was €60 on Steam, it's €60 on Epic now, and the UK didn't get any discount either.

Status
Not open for further replies.