• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
I can't imagine Obsidian were down with this considering how there's no financial incentive for them anymore now that they're owned by MS, sounds more like Epic wrote Take Two a big fat check.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Any word on how these egs exclusives have been selling? I can't imagine it getting any better with the continually backlash.
I doubt anyone other than Era and die hard PC gamers care much about it, but I also doubt it's selling a lot. I have the Epic Launcher installed because of UE4, so I'm getting datamined anyways, and haven't even bothered claiming the free games.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How is it a lie that Deep Silver cut ten dollars off the price? Go check what the price was on Steam on the Internet Archive if you don't believe me.

Oh no, what a tragedy.

- That was USA only.

- Steam was selling it for RRP. You could already get it for $15 or so off RRP from other stores, like the Razor store. These price drops existing because of a price war which cannot happen with Epic exclusives.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Sssmokin'!
dinero.gif

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
At this point (with this being a branch of 2K), I'd get ready for BL3 launching there too.

Randy already talked in support of Epic store last year, you don't need 2K pushing for it. I'm certain it will be Epic Store exclusive. Being made on Unreal is extra incentive as well as they effectively get it for free.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't have much confidence in the fact that it's still up on the Steam store. Metro got pulled REALLY close to launch.

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
Getting the PS4 version seems like a risk for such a game
I guess I'll wait for 6 months / 1 year etc

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
Guess I'll be the only person buying it on the Epic store then. They could honestly give me a discount or something for that.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Take 2 obviously expect the game to flop and with Obsidian with being brought by MS making a sequel unlikely they are taking the money and running.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone is selling out from indies to big publishers, interesting to see.

I wonder what is going to be the next big thing I end up skipping thanks to Epic.

QuinchoOsito

Oct 10, 2018
Well this was the only game I was gonna for sure buy day one in 2019, but since I don't want to fragment my game library or support anti-competitive practices I guess it'll have to wait. Bummer.

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Meh.

I survived just fine during the DRM/Piracy/PC Gaming is dead crises of 2006-2009.

Do your worst Epic. I've got a backlog a mile long.

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
It feels like we are having the same thread every 3 days. Epic going hard with the fortnitedollars, how far can they go with the exclusives?
I hope Hollow Knight:Silksong stays on steam.

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
That's a real fuckin' shame, as someone who has Kickstarted every Obsidian project and put thousands of hours into their games.

My Outer Worlds interests just tanked hard, I'm not going to lie.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
It feels like we are having the same thread every 3 days. Epic going hard with the fortnitedollars, how far can they go with the exclusives?
I hope Hollow Knight:Silksong stays on steam.

They could probably buy most of the indie games as an exclusive for the next 5 years if Fortnite spontaneously combusted tomorrow if they wanted to

Deleted member 13645

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, there are Steam pages for other games that became EGS exclusives at the eleventh hour.
(To answer your question, though, yes.)

It's probably in the best interest of the devs/publishers to do that too. Leave it up as long on Steam as they can to get preorder money from the larger audience, then take it down when the terms of the contract dictate them to do so and make bank from Epic's moneyhatting.

Jun 7, 2018
Germany
This would ruin my year entirely. The Outer Worlds is my most anticipated game.

Hate overload @ Epic Game Store & Sweeney if true. I will NEVER support this monstrosity of a launcher. NEVER!!

AkimbOb-omb

Oct 30, 2017
User Warned: Drive-by
As a non-PC gamer I embrace these announcements for their entertainment value.

EDIT: LOL Post #3 in this thread is literally a popcorn.gif

but shit is serious. I'll see myself out

Last edited:

MAK11

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone who buys at the Epic Store is part of the problem and supports this shit.

Do the right thing and boycott it. Also fuck Tim Sweeney.

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
User Warned: Trolling
That's a real fuckin' shame, as someone who has Kickstarted every Obsidian project and put thousands of hours into their games.

My Outer Worlds interests just tanked hard, I'm not going to lie.

You put thousands of hours into their games but don't want to play this one because you have to double click a different launcher?

Status
Not open for further replies.