• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

It's coming to...

• Rockstar Launcher (Exclusively)

Votes: 632 52.4%
  • Epic Games Launcher (Exclusively)

Votes: 41 3.4%
  • Steam (Exclusively)

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Rockstar Launcher and Epic Games Launcher

Votes: 253 21.0%
  • Steam, Rockstar Launcher and Epic Games Launcher

Votes: 139 11.5%
  • Steam and Rockstar Launcher

Votes: 136 11.3%

• Total voters

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait to see what the PC scene will do with this game, it's gonna be fun.

Unfortunately the only thing that can't be modded is the writing of Dan Houser.

Deleted member 28131

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
for new players, get hyped.....as you are about to play as one of the greatest protagonists in the history of the media of gaming

latest

Not just one of. The greatest protagonist.

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I'd bet on Rockstar Launcher and Epic Games Launcher. That way they'd get a bonus from Epic while still offering another option to customers.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
I bet Rockstar Games Launcher exclusive, i have been getting Facebook ads to download the thing, so im guessing Rockstar really want to kick that launcher off & obviously R*/Take 2 can collect 100% of the profits from their own platform.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
I agree. PC ver in Dec-Feb.And Next Gen Scarlett/PS5 version at launch Nov 2020.
Also Stadia in 2020.
Cyberpunk will everywhere as well.
The next gen idea is interesting, because it's already 4K on XBX & 4Kish on Pro, i wonder how much of the visuals they can improve to justify a next gen release? it already looks really good on Pro, just a tad blurry.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I will not touch single-player again for sure, but I may try Online in PC version since I heard the new update makes it quite cool for solo players.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I played quite a bit of the PS4 version but the further I got the more I kept thinking of how incredible this game would look on PC, so I stopped. Looks like I will be able to dive back in which is great.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Still hoping for raytracing. Implementing it for the PC version would be a good way to get accustomed to the tech in time for GTA 6.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Realistically Speaking, Epic would have to pay Rockstar for the amount of people that bought GTAV on Steam which were in the 10 millions so i really don't think that its gonna be fully R* Launcher exclusive or R* Launcher + EGS. Most probably R* Launcher + Steam. They are always the greedy fucks that go where the majority of the money is. I doubt Epic can pay that big of an amount.

PorcoLighto

Oct 25, 2017
Realistically Speaking, Epic would have to pay Rockstar for the amount of people that bought GTAV on Steam which were in the 10 millions so i really don't think that its gonna be fully R* Launcher exclusive or R* Launcher + EGS. Most probably R* Launcher + Steam. They are always the greedy fucks that go where the majority of the money is. I doubt Epic can pay that big of an amount.
Even if Epic has enough money to pay that amount, they are not that foolish to believe that people will go with EGS while there is another option on RL.

They will most likely have the same deal with Ubisoft. Cutting Steam out to drive sales to their own launcher for maximum share and the EGS sales are just the cherry on top. Their games will sell a fucktons no matter what platform it is sold on, and they know it.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
If this is not a Epic Store-exclusive, I´ll be there day one.
I hope they will release a nice retail like they did with GTA 5.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Even if Epic has enough money to pay that amount, they are not that foolish to believe that people will go with EGS while there is another option on RL.

They will most likely have the same deal with Ubisoft. Cutting Steam out to drive sales to their own launcher for maximum share and the EGS sales are just the cherry on top. Their games will sell a fucktons no matter what platform it is sold on, and they know it.

Ubisoft is Ubisoft and Rockstar is Rockstar. Ubisoft's seal of quality doesn't even come close to rockstar game's. Also Rockstar always go where the crowd is and are a lot more greedy than Ubisoft. So i pretty much disagree there. Epic don't have the money to buy out Rockstar.

Also i do not fully believe that people will buy a Rockstar game anywhere. Steam has been a home for AAA games for a decade. There are customers that buy only on steam and on nowhere else. Steam had 10m or more customers for GTAV, i highly doubt there will be the same amount of people buying their games on EGS, they're clearly facing a loss when making it an egs exclusive. Steam rockstar games have also long ass tails.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Day 0.

Im still going blind with the game since it came out. Been waiting for the pc version.

Nov 8, 2017
I'd bet on Rockstar Launcher and Epic Games Launcher. That way they'd get a bonus from Epic while still offering another option to customers.

I can see it going either EGS+RSL or just RSL. It's a game that's big enough that people will find it wherever it is, so going pure exclusive to their own launcher isn't out of the question.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Shooting with a mouse will be a god send.

Only if they drastically change the way the controls work. Free aim now does not work the way free aim in a shooter works.

I am also not seeing this coming out before next gen consoles. Rockstar loves money a lot. They want you to triple dip (PS4/X1-PS5/X2-PC).

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Not much interest in the game itself but I might get it just to see how incredible it'll look on my 2080Ti. Which, based on the Xbox One X version, could be pretty mind-blowing.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
I had an aneurysm trying to play this game on Xbox One X all thanks to the ridiculous controls and floaty aiming. Can't wait to double-dip on PC, regardless of the store it will release on.

Jul 26, 2019
Looking forward to it.

Also i do not fully believe that people will buy a Rockstar game anywhere. Steam has been a home for AAA games for a decade. There are customers that buy only on steam and on nowhere else. Steam had 10m or more customers for GTAV, i highly doubt there will be the same amount of people buying their games on EGS, they're clearly facing a loss when making it an egs exclusive. Steam rockstar games have also long ass tails.

I know this doesn't directly correlate your argument. You are talking about EGS. But as a person trying to buy mostly from Steam, it looks like it would be beneficial for me to buy this from Rockstar Launcher. If you buy GTA V from Steam, it ties to your Steam account and people in your family sharing can't play it. So it's only logical way for me and my brother to play it on same computer with different users.

There may not be many people in my situation but unfortunately, any game which have a additional launcher requirement on Steam is disqualifies Steam's benefits on consumers.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
what? Arthur was incredibly written, which is why he is considered one of the greatest protagonists in gaming

Ehhhehehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you're going to find that maybe a bit more controversial than you seem to think. He was initially praised a lot, but a lot of people seriously don't like him. I definitely wasn't impressed by him at all.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Ehhhehehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you're going to find that maybe a bit more controversial than you seem to think. He was initially praised a lot, but a lot of people seriously don't like him. I definitely wasn't impressed by him at all.

No way. Arthur is the one thing that is constantly and pretty much universally praised about RDR 2.