• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

It's coming to...

• Rockstar Launcher (Exclusively)

Votes: 632 52.4%
  • Epic Games Launcher (Exclusively)

Votes: 41 3.4%
  • Steam (Exclusively)

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Rockstar Launcher and Epic Games Launcher

Votes: 253 21.0%
  • Steam, Rockstar Launcher and Epic Games Launcher

Votes: 139 11.5%
  • Steam and Rockstar Launcher

Votes: 136 11.3%

• Total voters

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Hot off the presses folks! Let's get to it.

So if you recall this thread I made yesterday, Rockstar have been trying to get Red Dead Redemption II's PC version classified by the Australian Classification Board for a few weeks now. Originally they did this through the IARC under the name 'Bonaire' with many people thinking that was a new game but was ultimately refused classification because the game didn't even exist.

3xiArxD.png

A week ago, Rockstar submitted 'Red Dead Redemption 2' to the Australian Classification Board yet again through the IARC but this was yet again refused classification until TODAY. This was the page yesterday. As you can see on the right, it got refused classification.

FLIJMUS.png

And this is the page right now as I'm making this post, viewable by clicking here. Same classification number and everything. The game has finally been approved classification (literally happened a few hours ago haha) and rated MA15+ just like the console versions. It shows up on the site when you search 'Red Dead Redemption'. Also, the PC version has an entirely separate listing just like how GTA V does on the site.

UM3OQBd.png

AzQZTDP.png

2Bp2x3u.png

There's no doubt in my mind that Rockstar are gearing up for an announcement and the timing feels right especially now that the Rockstar PC Launcher is a thing. The talk in various Rockstar fan circles is that the PC version will launch in December to meet the Stadia launch though it wouldn't surprise me if it made it into early 2020. Also I feel this goes without saying but this obviously isn't a rating for the Stadia version as Stadia isn't launching in Australia and it makes zero sense for Stadia games to be rated as its own platform.

Last edited:

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
gonna mod some of the more annoying systems out and then maybe I'll actually finish the game

either way it's good news

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen rumors that it may be EGS and R* launcher exclusive and that it's scheduled for holiday 2019, may slip into early 2020.

Grain of salt but that's what Twitter says.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Just like with L.A Noire Remastered, I'm fully expecting Rockstar to just drop a random trailer and press release out of nowhere one evening. Probably within the next week or two. I'd imagine we'll be seeing the ESRB rating pop up too within the next few days.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly it's a great time to launch the game. The online is finally in a really good place and I'm fully hooked, even as someone who didn't bother finishing the Story mode and didn't put it anywhere near my top ten last year.

Online seems to only be getting better and better. It's gonna do real well (goes without saying).

Also, best looking game ever is gonna look freaking phenomenal on PC.

Sep 15, 2019
I would be much more excited for this if it wasn't for the fact that once again Rockstar is showing up super late to the PC platform after shunning it (information wise) for so long.

Not sure why it is so hard to simply say "Hey the PC version is coming but it'll take time" beyond the fact that double dipping really helps inflate those numbers.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Oh wow, they going to announce this along side the SINGLE PLAYER Undead Nightmare 2 DLC and RDR1 Remake?

Cool!

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Hmm, maybe coming in OCt? Seems reasonable, one year after the console versions.

I'd say most likely if they really want to push it the Rockstar Launcher will be exclusive for getting it, that's one way to get it to take off the most.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
I hope my RTX 2080, i7 8700(non-k) can do 1440p60 or DLSS, Checkerboarding 4K at 60. I'm sure native is out of the question.

DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna say Rockstar's launcher exclusively for 3 months then everything else afterwards

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
I'm most likely double dipping, only not day one, probably down the line when it's on a sale since I went full price for the 1X version :D