• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

civet

Jul 6, 2019
France
32gb of ram sounds like poor optimization work. The game isn't even really impressive graphically. I guess they'll throw in heavy textures for 4k display.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
If they can get by with 8GB then I don't see any reason to panic if they can also make use of more than 16GB.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I have an i5 6600K and 1070 and I am starting to get worried my time is coming too...

You need to get serious.
That setup will blaze through this game unless its hyper badly optimized.
ITs running UE4 for gods sake.

1440p@60 should be absolutely no problem for a 1070 + 6600K combo.
THe GTX 1070 is still a killer card especially for UE4 games.

Oct 28, 2017
Also it would be hilarious if the game indeed used up that much amount of RAM and..
  • Takes a long time to boot (since filling up to 32GB of game data isn't actually that easy when reading from slower memory).
  • Takes up time to load into the game from the menus.
  • Takes up time to load from previous checkpoint upon death.
  • Game shuttering when entering new areas.
  • Some textures still streaming on your camera.
  • Opening up menus in-game is slow.
  • Foliage pops in and out of view the looking around.
  • Corpse and weapon impact decal time out exists, which disappear quickly.
  • Game takes a long time to quit/close.
  • Etc.. everything related to memory footprint optimization

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't even fucking have dismemberment what is it gonna need it for lmao

qa_engineer

Dec 27, 2017
I'm thinking this is typo. Not saying it can't be true since there are games that do use 10-12 gigs of system memory already (looking at you BFV), but 32gb is workstation territory.

1. Me today: Remember when 16gbs of system memory was more than enough for modern PC games?
  2. Me in 5 years: remember when 32gbs was more than enough for modern pc games?

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm thinking this is typo. Not saying it can't be true since there are games that do use 10-12 gigs of system memory already (looking at you BFV), but 32gb is workstation territory.

1. Me today: Remember when 16gbs of system memory was more than enough for modern PC games?
  2. Me in 5 years: remember when 32gbs was more than enough for modern pc games?

The weird thing is min is 8GB.
What does the game do at 1080+@60fps that requires it to suddenly need 4 times the amount of RAM.
IF the VRAM requirement went up 4 times I would understand...high res textures and all that.....but RAM usage going up that much is alittle bit much.

32GB is a joke without memory leaks i dont think any game has ever gotten to 20GB even with caching.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
You need to get serious.
That setup will blaze through this game unless its hyper badly optimized.
ITs running UE4 for gods sake.

1440p@60 should be absolutely no problem for a 1070 + 6600K combo.
THe GTX 1070 is still a killer card especially for UE4 games.
Except when you play Borderlands 3. That game has shit optimization for an UE4 game.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Crap timings RAM might be cheap nowadays but low latency/tight timings stuff can still be quite expensive. I might try upgrading to 32gb but I dunno how well 4 sticks of RAM will work in my X370 motherboard, especially since I overclock the RAM to 3600 for better performance with Ryzen processor.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It must be running Anthem in the background so they can present to investors that theres someone still playing that game.

Oct 25, 2017
New York
A unified launcher for all Battlefield content would have been great...in theory! Looking forward to playing SW through a month of pc access. Now I'm questioning if I should upgrade to 32gb ram just because.