• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I built my new system this year with 32GB assuming I wouldn't need that much RAM for a good while. I can run Apex with a large document open in photoshop just fine. Weird.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To be honest game RAM requirement in gaming has been stagnant for a while now. 8-16GB RAM lastest a looooong time and we should be glad. PC that I built 5 years ago has 16GB of DDR4. Building upper tier PC in 2019 with 32GB should be mandatory, especially now that RAM prices are Okayish.

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
Who the fuck has 32gb of ram

I've got 64GiB of RAM, but 32GiB is probably the sweetspot, so why wouldn't you? Now is a pretty good time for it too, prices have come down.

It's 'recommended' not 'required'. If they have found a way to make good use of additional resources, that's great! Memory should be used!

(Before someone chimes in with how "nothing uses ..." make sure you understand virtual memory and buffer caches.)

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
The game doesn't even look that good. Why is it requiring so much power? Very strange.

My system meets the recommended specs but still, this sounds a bit much.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
lol, why?
Makes no sense. I think someone slipped on their keyboard when submitting that.

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking it's either A) a mistake or B) the game perhaps caches more data in memory (for streaming purposes?) based on what memory it finds on your system. It certainly won't be necessary because if it were the minimum would also be 32GB.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
I've got 64GiB of RAM, but 32GiB is probably the sweetspot, so why wouldn't you? Now is a pretty good time for it too, prices have come down.

It's 'recommended' not 'required'. If they have found a way to make good use of additional resources, that's great! Memory should be used!

(Before someone chimes in with how "nothing uses ..." make sure you understand virtual memory and buffer caches.)

Only around 5,5 % Steam users have more than 16 GB RAM and for the average player, there's basically no reason to go beyond that - right now

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
This has to be a mistake.

(Just spent $1500 on a new PC that doesn't even make rec specs for new games. Feels bad.)

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I hope the few people boasting about 32GB - 64GB of RAM use their machines for anything other than games, otherwise that's a huge waste...

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
This has to be a mistake.

(Just spent $1500 on a new PC that doesn't even make rec specs for new games. Feels bad.)

What part of a $1500 PC doesn't meet these specs? You mean the ram? Because everything else should be no problem at that price. The only reason nobody put in 32GB in systems isn't because of price, it's because nothing requires it.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
The minimum is basically a PS4/XB1.

Shit, aside from ray tracing the recommended is basically a PS5/XB4.

Surely the PS4 GPU is a bit stronger than a 650 right ?

The disparity between Min and Recommended is pretty big regardless and I think most people will be able to play it at 1080p/60 FPS pretty easily. Most games have pretty bloated recommended requirements anyway. I won't count on most people having issues running this at higher presets.

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
What part of a $1500 PC doesn't meet these specs? You mean the ram? Because everything else should be no problem at that price. The only reason nobody put in 32GB in systems isn't because of price, it's because nothing requires it.

Yeah. I was mostly joking. I have a 3700x and a 2070 Super. I do only have 16GB of RAM, but I can't imagine that will bottleneck me in any real way.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
My PC has a 2080ti and an 8700k @5.0Ghz, but I don't meet recommended specs. Time to throw this ancient piece of shit out and upgrade.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Surely the PS4 GPU is a bit stronger than a 650 right ?

The disparity between Min and Recommended is pretty big regardless and I think most people will be able to play it at 1080p/60 FPS pretty easily. Most games have pretty bloated recommended requirements anyway. I won't count on most people having issues running this at higher presets.

Equivalent PS4 GPU is the HD 7790 and the Nvidia equivalent to that is a 650 ti. Going by today's standards, those cards are all roughly the same (crap).

Feb 15, 2019
I mean it's one thing having 32gb ram, it's another thing to have 32gb ram left when you have your browser open, maybe discord, some other stuff running in the background, etc (I think the 32gb requirement is probably untrue btw).