• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
Will have to hold the DS5 to know to be honest. I like the DS4, but prefer Xbox controllers and use an Elite as my PC at the moment. So the DS5 would need to be pretty damn good to replace it.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Right now the only controller i have is a DS4 so i am getting a Dualsense since i am gonna get a PS5 anyway when Demon's Souls releases.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
I'll have to try out the DualSense when I get PS5, but I have a feeling I'll stick with the Xbox One controllers that I have for PC. They're super easy to sync up with the USB dongle from Microsoft and I prefer asymmetrical sticks.

Patapuf

Oct 26, 2017
i'll buy a new controller when my current one dies.

And that'll probably one of the new ones.

bobeth

Oct 28, 2017
I'll wait and see if the X series controller has additional features, if it does then I'll get one!

mhayze

Nov 18, 2017
Well I expect I'll use the controllers I get with my PS5 and/or XBSX on the PC as well, same as this gen. I usually have a 2nd floating controller that's on the PC or moved over to the console for coop sessions.

Zuly

Oct 26, 2017
Puerto Rico
I'll continue using the Xbox one since most PC ports forget to include PlayStation button prompts. I have gotten pretty used to the Xbox controller by now.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing that the DualSense doesn't have back grip buttons sucks, but I'm still going for it. Hopefully Sony release an attachment like they have for DS4. I'm so tired of fighting with Steam Input/BPM for non steam games.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
I already accumulated more Xbox One controllers than I need over the course of this generation, and the changes to the Series X controller seem pretty incremental—so we'll see. I imagine I'll end up with one at some point, but I'll be in no hurry based on what I've seen.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I mean, the Series X controller is the same as the Xbox One controller, just with a share button, right? I'll just stick with my Xbox One controller for that. However, a dualsense might be nice for Steam Input to replace my DS4s

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I mean, the Series X controller is the same as the Xbox One controller, just with a share button, right? I'll just stick with my Xbox One controller for that. However, a dualsense might be nice for Steam Input to replace my DS4s

It's smaller. Has the share button. Improved dpad. Textured triggers (and part of the bumper) as well.

Little things.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
It's smaller. Has the share button. Improved dpad. Textured triggers (and part of the bumper) as well.

Little things.
Oh, well, that sounds nice, but probably not enough of a change for an investment. I generally only use my Xbox One controller for my PC on windows store games. Everything else I just use the DS4 and steam input.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
I see no reason to replace the One X controller with the Series X controller. There's no meaningful innovation there.

We'll see about the Dual Sense. Depends on how well supported it is.

Oct 28, 2017
Assuming I just don't straight switch to the Xbox Series X as my primary platform, I will probably get the new Xbox controller and let my kids use my current controllers.

wiggler

Oct 27, 2017
My Xbox One controller is starting to show it's wear. The sticks are worn, I get occasional stick drift, and occasionally it won't register A button presses. Maybe, I'll replace it with the Series X controller, mainly because Microsoft's pads are so much better supported on PC with button prompts and native support. I do wish they had gyro support though, I'm surprised they didn't add it. I really like how Breath of the Wild handled gyro aim, activating only when aiming, I guess I still have a Steam controller if I want to do that on PC.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I think I'll pick up the new Xbox controller. Or maybe a DS4 if it gets cheap.

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
I have an elite but it started to fail. Will get the series x one if the dpad is any decent since on PC i dont need the paddles like i did on xbox. If not, i'll get another elite

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Use an Xbox One controller now, if I need a new controller I'll get the Xbox controller since I prefer that stick placement.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I'll definitely buy both (hopefully they're available before the consoles like last time) and play with them a while on PC.

Doubt they'll replace the Xbox One Elite controller I have paired to my PC though.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
My Xbox One controller is starting to die, so I'll probably get a Series X controller as soon as it releases.

I'll eventually buy a PS5, but not anytime soon. I'll try the DualSense then and see which one I like more.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Do Microsoft games on PC accept the DS4 as a control input?

I'm building a PC this year, but I probably would want to stick with the DualSense if I could map out macros on the touchpad.

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Definitely both. Can't wait to get my hands on them and for Steam to integrate them.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I might get a Dualsense if the gyro accuracy is improved, it seemed noticeably worse than the Switch controller to me on the DS4. I see no need to buy the XSX controller since it's basically the same with a share button which does me no good on PC.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty happy with my Xbox One controller so far. Not sure what feature I'd really be looking forward to if I upgraded. Do they both have haptic feedback in the triggers? I guess if the haptics are a lot better I would consider upgrading.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Down the line, if I have also a PS5, then yeah I would. I have a DS4 on the PS4 and one on the PC, so I think I would do the same but on the near-distant future

Cube

May 18, 2018
I use the PS4 controller on PC (or kb/m depending on the game) so I might get the Dual Sense, even though I more than likely will not be getting a next gen console.

Recently, my PS4 controller has been losing connection when hooked up to my PC. The Dual Sense have USB-C sounds like a godsend. Maybe it's a sign...

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
I want the dual sense to replace my Switch Pro Controller on PC. Gyro aiming for the win. But I was expecting grip buttons....Ita a bummer in this regard. Also I hope that the battery is Switch Pro Controller level of charge.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
When my 360 controller breaks, I might get the latest one. Thinking about getting a new Xbox one anyway for Xcloud (have an original One launch controller that don't have bluetooth)

Green

Oct 27, 2017
The Dual Sense is super nice but I don't see many of it's features besides gyro working on PC. So I'll just stick with my Elite 2.

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If the battery is better in the DualSense maybe otherwise Im just gonna stick with X1 controller.

Oct 25, 2017
Hey while we're on the topic, is there a simple way to map the Xbox button (that is an xbox logo) on the Xbox One controller to do something useful on PC? It opens the Xbox overlay for me now, but I'd like to use it to take steam screenshots or something like that. Or even better, holding that button + RB takes a screenshot, and that button +LB opens the steam overlay or something along those lines.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Eventually, I'm sure I'll use both, just like I do currently with XB1 and PS4 controllers (and others like my trusty cheap F300), depending on the game.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, I need a new controller for Tekken 7 so whichever one is good for fighting games I will get.

kaputt

Oct 27, 2017
If I need to buy a new controller, will go with the Xbox one, because of the native compatibility.

However, I see no reason to "upgrade" the current DS4 I'm using.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
I'll already have the DualSense from buying a PS5, but I'll buy the Series X controller for my PC for better out of the box integration.