• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Any chance the new ds5 is automatically compatible out of the box with PCs? x input?

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I'll buy both. Dualesense mainly for the touchpad for DS/3DS/WiiU emulation along with any other game that would benefit from touchpad gestures.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
I plan on getting a Series X controller. I recently gave away my two older Xbox One controllers to a buddy. My two controllers were so old they didn't have Bluetooth. So I got the latest Xbox One controller and then I'll grab a Series X one so I can get back to two controllers.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Any info on if either of them use BT5? The range increase from BT4 to BT5 is massive and would help people play far away from their tower.

May 15, 2019
Depends entirely on if Sony puts out proper wireless drivers or not. Using a DS4 wireless on PC is a nightmare. Really excited about the features in the DualSense and disappointed in the Xbox controller adding nothing.

eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019
I use a switch pro for PC, but I might get a Series X controller so I don't have to keep resyncing between machines and guarantee more compatibility with non steam games.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My Steam controller is still working fine, but I am leaning to the DualSense for the gyro. I am curious if Steam will provide an update for us to use the DualSense features on existing games

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Dualsense to maybe take the place of my Steam Controller so I don't depend on Steam Input so much to play games (gyro, touch pad, everything but grip paddles/buttons it seem). I'm looking forward to adjusting to Flick Stick and messing around with reWASD since it looks better than Steam Input but doesn't support Steam Controller.

Now, will these game profiler apps support the haptics? It will likely need to be programed in the PC games, but with Playstation being so popular I don't see why they won't include their Dualsense settings on the PC ports.

Gyro is very important to me with controllers now. It was painful to watch the Ratchet & Clank demo where they used analog to aim. Come on devs, you have gyro, use it.

Aug 13, 2019
Yeah. I'm inevitably going to get a Dualsense since I'm getting the PS5 and I'll be buying the Series X Controller since I'm sure it'll work better on PC than the Dualsense.

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
Perchance. The Xbox One controller has become my favorite PC controller in the last few years. It's really great. If XSX is an improvement, perhaps that shall be the eventual replacement.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Probably not. I already have a DS4, and I can't see this being much of an improvement for the type of games I use it for. I'll definitely pick up an updated Steam Controller whenever Valve puts that out.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
I have an Xbox One controller for it right now. If it ever breaks I'll likely upgrade to Series X, but I don't think there's too much different.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
After the right dpad stopped working 50% of the time on the DS4 and the micro-usb being faulty on the Xbox one controller.

No I'm sticking 8bito's

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I don't plan on switching from my Elite V2 (now that I have one without issues), but I will be buying the consoles in all likelyhood so I'll be able to try them out anyway.

Oct 27, 2017
I might get the Series X controller as Xbox controllers generally just seem to work without as much hassle but I prefer my DualShock and will probably keep one as my PC pad even after they come out.

Log!

Oct 27, 2017
Unless there's some compelling reason to get a Dualsense, I'm more than happy to stick with my SN30 Pro+ and Steam Controller for when I need a controller to play my games.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
The Xbone controller is perhaps my favourite controller for general purpose at the moment so I imagine I'd go with the Series X one as a future replacement.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Use a Elite Controller on PC, which i guess is a Xbox Series X controller.

unless those two controllers in the first post get paddles (4 paddles not 2) it's not worth the switch.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
No, perfectly happy with my 360 controller. It's not like I'll get to use any of dualsense's features if I buy it.....

Although..... newer vibration motor tech.....if I'm going to put off my ps5 purchase I could possibly.....

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't really see any reason to get one of the new controllers. If the ones I have now degrade over time then I'll probably go with one from Series X.

U Know Me

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure which console I'm getting but I'm definitely getting a dual sense controller regardless. I have a xbox elite series 2 that I use on pc now so I dont see a point in getting a series x controller.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I might buy whatever the next version of the Elite is, but I own so many controllers right now is general that I don't feel the need. My daily PC driver is a Hyperkin Duke, lol.

TojoT

Oct 30, 2017
I won't but any of them for using it on my PC, maybe if/when I decide to pick up one of the consoles.

In the meantime my 8bitdo SN30 Pro+, Stadia, Nintendo Pro, and Steam controllers cover all my uses cases (so far) just fine.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Willing torture, huh. Did they at least change the D-pad on that mess of pad?
Nope. It's also probably the most comfortable controller I own... And I have a wall of controllers, lol. Probably over 20 total at this point, maybe more.

For games I need a Dpad for I switch to my elite or my SN30Pro+ GB. But for most games? Duke is perfect and comfy. Bring back 6 face button designs!

OP
OP

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hows your experience been with the e2?

I have the Elite v1. It's honestly the best feeling controller I own and it's worth the price imo, definitely better the regular three console controllers(outside gyro and ds4 touchpad). It's hefty, the buttons are nice especially the bumpers, there's a switch that makes travel for the triggers fast or longer, and you have different options for customization and paddles. I imagine the elite v2 is even more of an improvement.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
When they have proper PC support, maybe. But that always takes time.

True, despite being X-input and all that, the Xbone controller took well over 6 months after its launch before it actually worked normally with all of my PC games. Probably a non-issue now with how Steam handles pad support.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe if my ds4 stops working for some reason.
But i won't buy one out of curiosity when my controller works just fine right now.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
If DS5 connects with no problems and has gyro aiming, I think i'll replace my wiiu pro controller.

But if it's a nightmare like the DS3 and DS4 were initially, I'll probably stay where I am.

H.Cornerstone

Oct 27, 2017
I have a problem where my cable never gets a great connection to the controller itself and my controller will die randomly so going to just go with a wireless Xbone controller.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Series X Controller is a day 1 purchase. Love the Xbox controllers, I bought a One controller before it even had official PC support.

Jul 26, 2018
I have an Elite 2 controller and it's by far the best controller i've ever used. Won't be planning to buy any new controllers.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
Nawh. Those controls are too backwards for me and not good for first and third person shooters. Im sticking with steam controller.

FaffEra

Chicken Chaser
Nov 8, 2017
UK
Still use a wired 360 controller. When that finally breaks down I'll switch over to the Wii U pro controller + mayflash wireless adapter. Also have a xbone pad with official adapter from my Oculus CV1.

Not interested in having any more controllers.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
I might get a Series X controller once Windows and maybe Steam get support for it.

Sony is terrible about PC support for whatever reason so I probably wont get one unless Steam input supports some feature not on the Series X.

p3n

Oct 28, 2017
DualSense seems like it'll be a direct upgrade from the DS4 in terms of features. So I'll get that as soon as Steam supports it fully. I don't see a reason to replace the trusty old 360 controller as a spare since Microsoft can't even be arsed to add basic features like gyros to their controllers.

empo

Jan 27, 2018
Now, will these game profiler apps support the haptics? It will likely need to be programed in the PC games, but with Playstation being so popular I don't see why they won't include their Dualsense settings on the PC ports.
Can't see it happening to a significant degree. There's like 10 pc games that support the Xbox impulse triggers.

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
If the Xbox controller doesn't have a gyro, I see zero sense in buying it. Gyro is essential for me.

If and when my Steam Controller breaks, the decision is going to be tough. I like the Switch Pro Controller a lot, have a serviceable DS4 I could use but if the DS5 is better to hold then might consider getting one.