• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dude

Oct 25, 2017
Tel Aviv
If one of my other Xbox controllers finally dies (like my aging 360 one that has somehow survived me playing Dark Souls on it, but has not been the same afterwards.) I'll probably pick up one of them - Probably the Xbox, but honestly if the consensus around the Dualsense is really good I might get one, I'll finally be able to play Katamari!

m29a

Oct 25, 2017
It depends on the sticks. If the Xbox sticks are still somewhat loose, I'll probably pick up a Dualsense.

Regarding paddles, I highly doubt the average person needs them and if they were to be standardized, the controllers could start to at least appear to be more advanced which may put off some people. I don't consider it that big of a deal at all personally.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I have an Xbox One controller in the living room on the Steam Link, and an Xbox360 controller on the PC itself. I'll probably go hand-me-down and move the XBO controller to the PC, use the XSX controller in the living room, and retire the X360 controller. Or put the XSX on the PC. Either way, pretty sure it's time to finally lay the X360 pad to rest.

Neuroxia

Mar 31, 2019
I'm kinda weird. I'm a PC player but i also have most consoles since SNES until current gen, so plenty of controllers to chose from. With all that, other than Nier Automata i don't think i've ever played a game on PC with a controller.
Even for stuff like Dark Sous or Devil May Cry i prefer m+k over a controller.

So yeah, i'll get the PS5 and Xbox Series X, but it's highly unlikely that i'll use the controllers on PC.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Facts.

I can't believe that neither Sony nor Microsoft standardized paddles and that they are still sticking with the ancient dual analog configuration.

The lack of good low-profile paddles is disappointing, but I think dual analog is here to stay. Aside from being more familiar, I think they are generally more comfortable, especially at 30 fps. I find the Steam controller's pad to potentially feel stuttery even at 60+, and the gyro helps the most for my aiming anyway. I think PS5 games should at least make better use of the gyro, because it can really help a lot for aiming.

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not unless my current DS4 breaks, and even then i miiight just get another DS4 instead. I do love the DS4.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
I am happy with my DS4, but I generally start using the controllers that come with my new consoles, so yes probably. Assuming they come with their respective consoles as I don't generally buy controllers just to use with my PC.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
Sticking with my old XB1 for PC gaming. Was thinking about getting an Elite, but then I realized how much I'm going to have to save for that expensive ass 3000 series from Nvidia. Every penny counts.

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
Probably just going to wait until those elite xbone controllers go on heavy discount and then buy one of those.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been paying attention to the new Xbox controller, so I dunno. I really like my Sea of Thieves Xbox One controller.

Oct 25, 2017
I just brought a switch pro controller today which I hear works alright on PC? Haven't tried it yet to confirm. Gonna get a PS5 too though when it comes out so I'll have that controller as well.

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
I've got every other controller for the current gen consoles/switch so I'd imagine I'll have one of both of them probably by early next year.

Oct 27, 2017
I am buying the PS5 for the PS5. For my pc I use a Xbox Elite Series 2 and the thing a god damn master piece. Unless their new controller rivals that I am fine with my Series 2.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I just recently bought a 8bitdo adapter for my Pro Controller and it feels perfect, I'd need to try my hands on the new controllers before deciding but as of right now, I'm in no urge.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I bought an XB1 controller as the odds of finding Dualshock button prompts in games outside of Steam is zero to none (which is bad for me as a GamePass subscriber).

Because of this I'll likely pick up a Series X controller as I'm digging the new trigger/bumper improvements as well as the grippy texture shown.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Using DS4 and X360 controllers on my PC atm and will replace them with never versions once they break down.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I could, but I'm not sure why I would. How are they an in improvement?

XSX
Made smaller. Improved dpad. Added capture button. Texture on triggers.

PS5
Made more to feel like an XB controller by the look of it. Lightbar gone. Microphone added. Added adaptive triggers. Vibration changed.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just brought a switch pro controller today which I hear works alright on PC? Haven't tried it yet to confirm. Gonna get a PS5 too though when it comes out so I'll have that controller as well.

imo it would easily be the best out of the current base three controller if it didn't have the known issues with it's dpad. I don't play shooters with controllers, so I don't really use gyro with one of the phew exceptions being MHW since it's useful with one of the three ranged weapons in the game, but if you like playing shooters with a controller and gyro then I'd say it's good to use. Also I'm really a fan of the haptic feedback/rumble it has.

Oct 25, 2017
imo it would easily be the best out of the current base three controller if it didn't have the known issues with it's dpad. I don't play shooters with controllers, so I don't really use gyro with one of the phew exceptions being MHW since it's useful with one of the three main weapons in the game.
What are the issues with the dpad?

WillyFive

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's frustrating that the Xbox controller lacks any new features like gyro or haptic feedback like the Switch and PS controllers do, it makes it hard for PC games to implement them.

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I already have the Elite 2 so no! Wireless charging, usb-c, heft + sheer density, customization, and more are all either equal to or surpass the next controllers.

Just wish there was an easy way to use it with the PS4/Switch that's not via wired adapter!

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
I'll stick with Xbox controllers for my PC. Just a simple plug and play to get it to work in Windows. I might not get a Series X version until they release an Elite version though. Still riding my Lunar White Xbox One controller.

Xbox-One-Lunar-White-Controller1.png

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
had to say, its all about comfort for me. while the xbox controllers since the Xbox one have been great, the Dual Sense looks much more comfortable than the DS4, so i would def give it a chance.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
haven't been paying much attention

which of them has gyro built in?

DualSense.

Well that sucks but I guess I don't have many options for a wireless controller on Switch.

The 8bitdo SN30 Pro+ is a good alternative. you can connect it to pc and switch(with adpater) and has pretty much the same capabilities as the switch pro plus additional stuff. It's only lacking the same type of rumble it has.

SN30-Pro-Plus-Official-8BitDo-SN30-PRO-Wireless-Bluetooth-Gamepad-Controller-Joystick-Joypad-for-Windows-Android.jpg

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Sticking with the Steam Controller since nothing else can do what it does.
Eager to see an updated version of the controller soon, but otherwise don't see myself moving to any other controller. They're just not useful enough for the range of PC games I may play in the lounge / when KB&M are not preferable (eg lounge)

dlemarc

Oct 31, 2017
I'll probably get the dual sense at some point, especially if I plan to use PlayStation now. I won't upgrade from my Xbone controller anytime soon.

callamp

Oct 27, 2017
I'm perfectly happy with my Xbox One controller to play on PC. I'll inevitably own both new consoles but I cannot imagine ever choosing to use a Sony controller over an Xbox controller. Better support and better quality makes it a more viable product for PC gaming.