• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
dualsense-ps5-xbox-series-x-controller.jpg

Obvious thing is that out the gate the DualSense likely won't be compatible but I imagine soon after someone will come it will something so it somewhat can, but would any of you big one of these two or both up?

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, will get a dualsense with my ps5 purchase and will use that.
I usually use PS controllers on PC but am considering potentially ditching it because I hate ds4windows for a series x controller.
I refuse to buy an elite controller now after reading about the pages and pages worth of defects.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
I have an Elite Xbox One Controller and I'm not planning more controllers so far.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
The Series X controller will probably be the most straightforward to use with PC, so I think I'll get that. I'm just happy we're finally getting controllers with USB-C.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Once my current Xbox One controller dies or messes up, I'll look into one.

Likely the Series X controller since I know compatibility won't be an issue, and I'm not going to be buying a Series X. I will be getting a PS5 so I'll get a DualSense through that.

That way I have both controllers.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
I have an Elite Xbox One Controller and I'm not planning more controllers so far.

Same, no reason to bother. The controllers are the least exciting thing about console transitions. Nothing really new or exciting anymore. They could not change at all and it really wouldnt make a difference.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
I'll get the XSX controller once my Xbone controller bites the dust, just like I got the Xbone controller after my 360 controller started acting up.

pksu

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
I just recently upgraded from 360 controller to Xbox One pad. Still keeping working 360 controllers for parties.

JasonV

Oct 25, 2017
The controllers are the least exciting thing about console transitions. Nothing really new or exciting anymore. They could not change at all and it really wouldnt make a difference.

True and kind of shocking.

What a missed opportunity standardising paddles was. Such a shame.

JoJoBae

Oct 25, 2017
Layton, UT
Not unless either one has good battery life. Switched over to using Switch Pro and SN30 Pluses on PC for the ergonomics, battery life, gyro, and screenshot buttons. Don't need to spend 60-70 bucks on a DualSense or buy another drifting out of the box Xbox controller.

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
interesting you made this as I am currently trying to find a good controller.

my issue is how annoying micro usb is. i swear i have a dozen cords here none of them will charge my ds4. (i also plan on selling my ps4 and my the controller is going with it) And the small annoyances of not having ds4 button prompts on certain platforms etc. The little things annoy the hell outta me.

Is my best bet to just get an xbox one controller and call it a day? I really want usb-c though.

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017
Im a controller lover so most definitely will want a dual sense. The Xbox control looks pretty much the same as the current one and I already have one of those. The dpad on the new Xbox controller looks interesting but I prefer the playstation controller with the dpad in the primary position so if I ever need a dpad on pc I use a DualShock.

Deleted member 13645

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've not used a Dualsense controller yet so not sure. I'll just stick with my Elite v2 unless I end up liking the Dualsense more.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah always get a PlayStation controller to play indie games/platformers, need me a decent dpad.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
I'll get the new Series X controller for my PC since right now I'm on a first gen Xbox One (the one with the horrible bumpers), I'm honestly impressed that it lasted me this long. Since I plan on getting a PS5 I guess that one will come in as an extra....

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
No will use those for the respective consoles but will be investing in an Elite 2 for my PC soon. Got my hands on one at X019 and it felt sublime. But they're fucking expensive.

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I almost only use my Switch Pro Controller these days but I'll probably get the next Xbox thing for racing. 8Bitdo does the rest.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1839

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like everything the DualSense has to offer mainly keeping the trackpad and having having haptic feedback over the strong left and weaker right rumble that Playstation/Xbox controllers previously had. My only issue like I mention in the op is that it's likely not to be compatible out the gate. I already have a elite v1 so I don't need the new xbox controller.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
I have a dedicated dualshock4 for pc so probably not right away. Eventually I will though.

_Aaron_

Oct 29, 2017
My Xbox One controller broke recently (I think a screw came loose under one of the triggers which prevents it from going down). I'm having to use my old 360 controller, which I don't like because d-pad is meh. So ye, I'm waiting on a Xbox Series X controller.

Zeneric

Banned
Aug 29, 2019
When my xbox 1 controller for PC's ruined, I'll buy Xbox Series X controller.
I'm used to xbox controller too much making PS controller feel too small/uncomfortable.

Aurora

Jul 22, 2018
Lemuria
That makes me wonder if I can use my Dualshock 4 with the PS5 down the line, because that's my primary controller of use for the Switch and PC as well. I expect the DualSense to probably be better but it'll be when I eventually pick up a PS5 that I start experimenting with it on PC, and not a separate purchase.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
The DualSense is literally the only thing that interests me about that console. Will change to that from my DS4 the moment it becomes easily usable on PC, with support form Steam, some sort of dongle from Sony or a program like DS4Windows.

Oct 25, 2017
God I hate the term "Pc players/gamers "

Anyway, I'll own a ps5 regardless, but have always preferred the layout of Xbox pads since the controller S

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
If it's anything like the DualShock 4 in terms of how good the gyroscope is, the DualSense will be a godsend for JoyShockMapper with regards to gyro & flick stick. If the Series X controller has a gyroscope, I may consider it as well.

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox controllers have provided a flawless experience for me for the entire time I've been PC gaming. Unless there's anything particularly fantastic about the PS5 controller and how it works on PC, I'll be sticking with the Xbox controllers.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
Already have an Elite Series 2.

I only use Xbox controllers on PC. We need to see how much of a difference the new controller is from the old, but it probably won't touch the Series 2 controller. So for now, no.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
I have an Xbox Elite Controller v2, and I don't really need anything more than that going forward. Now, if Valve made an improved Steam Controller... then we'd be talking.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Assuming the DualSense gets native support on Steam, I might get one eventually. I've gotten burned by Xbox controllers twice now and am over it. In the meantime, my DS4 still works just fine.

Alex3190

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Definitely getting a dualsense. Now I just need an Alienware computer to match it.

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
I bought a DS4 last year since my DS3's xinput wrapper stopped working on current Windows builds, so most likely not, but if it breaks before the PS6 releases (most likely, I doubt it'll last as long as the DS3) then I'll probably buy a DS5 since I'm used to symmetrical pads and it'll most likely be supported by Steam.