• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's been available on Steam for over 2 years and has Very Positive rating out of 735 reviews and is finally coming to Xbox One on May 20.

Here's the Steam release trailer:

Here's the Microsoft store page for the Xbox One version:

Buy Shaolin vs Wutang | Xbox

Shaolin vs Wutang is a 1 on 1 INDIE CASUAL combat game featuring hand to hand and weapon combat, great music and inspired graphics. No flashy over the top effects, just combat influenced by classic Kung Fu films. The game features authentic fighting sounds from films and a licensed soundtrack...

Shaolin vs Wutang is a 1 on 1 INDIE CASUAL combat game featuring hand to hand and weapon combat, great music and inspired graphics.

No flashy over the top effects, just combat influenced by classic Kung Fu films. The game features authentic fighting sounds from films and a licensed soundtrack with great music from classic kung fu movies.

Shaolin vs Wutang is a real love letter to classic 70's and 80's Kung Fu cinema. This is a indie passion project that was made by one person who has tremendous passion for, and knowledge of Kung Fu films. We hope to provide players with a satisfying gaming experience blended with nostalgia and reminiscence of the great Kung Fu films.

Features
  • Hand to hand and weapon combat
  • Dynamic blocking animations
  • Licensed Kung fu soundtrack featuring music from classic films
  • 30 Inspired authentic martial arts styles
  • 30 unique Stages
  • Unique moves and combos for every fighter
  • Single Player & Local Co-op

For PC players, they've released Shaolin vs Wutang 2 on Early Access on Steam and has Very Positive reviews out of 91.

ev0

Oct 25, 2017
ive been interested in this forever and never pulled the trigger even when it was $6. Now i see theres a sequel? Had no idea, thanks OP

Oct 27, 2017
This looks like the kind of fake game teens would play in a movie or TV show in the background, which is... oddly appealing?

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
It's a good game. Nothing amazing, but super awesome to play if you love old kung fu movies. You can play as Gordon Liu, young Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Pai Mei (older Gordon Liu) Chuck Norris, tons of different people from famous movies.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Holy crap that looks cool.

It's almost exactly what I had an idea of as a kid. To have a fighting game that incorporates all the famous fighters and action stars in one.

Kinda surprised no legal issues popped up from this. Maybe they're changed enough to avoid it?

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017

It's almost exactly what I had an idea of as a kid. To have a fighting game that incorporates all the famous fighters and action stars in one.

Kinda surprised no legal issues popped up from this. Maybe they're changed enough to avoid it?
Yeah because I recognized almost all the fighters as actors from Kung Fu movies. You would think they would have to get agreements on the likeness.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah. There are some definitely likenesses in this game. I even saw Williams from Enter The Dragon in the sequel trailer. I'm surprised Sho'nuff and Bruce Leroy didn't show up from The Last Dragon.

Last edited:

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
The trailer for Shaolin vs Wu-Tang 2 looked cool. Also really dug the music. Very early on I floated the idea of doing a Wu-Tang Clan-inspired hip hop soundtrack for Bushiden, but ultimately we didn't go that direction.

OP
OP
litebrite

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. There are some definitely likenesses in this game. I even saw Bruce Leeroy in the sequel trailer. I'm surprised Sho'nuff didn't show up.
There is no Bruce Leeroy likeness in the sequel trailer. I can't believe your confusing the iconic Jim Kelly from Enter the Dragon to Bruce Leeroy.

Edit: Nevermind, I see you've corrected yourself.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn I was expecting some stink after that voice sample but this looks really neat!

I think that the theme is steeped in old kung fu movies helps the charm of the visual fidelity.

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if a AA/AAA developer was behind this.

This looks awesome though.

Edit: bookmarking this page for when i build my computer

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is no Bruce Leeroy likeness in the sequel trailer. I can't believe your confusing the iconic Jim Kelly from Enter the Dragon to Bruce Leeroy.

I corrected myself before you posted this. I went back to watch the trailer and saw it was Williams. I don't know why I was thinking The Last Dragon when I got done with the trailer the first time.

OP
OP
litebrite

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's available now for 13.99.

Buy Shaolin vs Wutang | Xbox

Shaolin vs Wutang is a 1 on 1 INDIE CASUAL combat game featuring hand to hand and weapon combat, great music and inspired graphics. No flashy over the top effects, just combat influenced by classic Kung Fu films. The game features authentic fighting sounds from films and a licensed soundtrack...

OP
OP
litebrite

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was waiting for it to go on sale but it hasn't yet, so I said fuck it and bought it at full price as a personal Xmas gift and to support the indie dev. Can't wait to dig in and play with all the characters and fighting styles.

Dec 14, 2017
Missed this thread back in May, but thank you for the bump OP. This is exactly the type of neat fighting game I like to see. Seems the sequel is only on steam, but 1 is on xbox as well. Probably will just get both on steam in that case.

OP
OP
litebrite

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Missed this thread back in May, but thank you for the bump OP. This is exactly the type of neat fighting game I like to see. Seems the sequel is only on steam, but 1 is on xbox as well. Probably will just get both on steam in that case.
Definitely worth supporting. I've been playing all morning and loving it as an old school kung fu/martial arts fan.