• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
tenor.gif

These Highlight threads aim to showcase the various releases of the current month and releases that may have flown under the radar (of the previous month). The titles listed here vary from DLC/Expansions, to titles entering or leaving Early Access, as well as indie games.
These titles are listed as per their genre, so you can do a simple search for a basic genre term to find specific games that'd interest you

If there were any mistakes in the list, please let me know to fix it, but any titles not mentioned in the thread would be added to the next Highlight thread at the least.
Do consider wishlisting games that'd be of interest to you so you could pick them up in the future!

If you want to discuss or have any questions regarding PC gaming, please take note of these handy discussion threads!
PC Builders Thread
Gaming Laptop Discussion Thread

First up are releases that don't have a Steam page/release, are getting a notably major update, or are available on other platforms. Demos and notable fan mods would also be listed as well.
Surgeon Simulator 2
Mortal Shell
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater Calculus
Genshin Impact
Hypnospace Plus

Action & Shooters

Point n Click, Visual Novels, FMV and Text Adventures

Building, Management and Simulation

Strategy

RPG

Adventure

Platformer

Puzzle, Sports & Casual

Virtual Reality

Shoot'em-up

Racing

Software

Horror

Card centric

OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Ooops, I centered some of the text before the banners by mistake XP
Ah well, this one time~

Oh I included some July games on the list because I was informed of them but hadn't included them in the August thread ^^;

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Too many games this month for me to name without realising how much pain my wallet will be in.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
CK3, BG3 for sure. Spelunky if it hits this month. Bunch of other stuff probably relegated to the wishlist because of the sheer number of hours those two or three games can consume.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Intrigued by As Far as the Eye.

Getting Paradise Killer on Switch, but I'll double dip Spelunky 2 on PC.

Looking forward to having a look through some of the others in the OP.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Wow thanks for the thread. A LOT of work must've gone into it - really appreciate it :D.

Jeez this is a packed month. Crusader Kings 3 I've been waiting for for months, but I didn't even realize there's Baldur's Gate 3 this month too. Then Iron Harvest, Tell Me Why chapters 2 and 3, and Total War: Three Kingdoms - The Furious Wild. And Wasteland 3 just dropped, as did Total War Saga: Troy.

It's too much lol.

Schierke Mori

Oct 28, 2017
CK3 and Mafia are maybes.

Still debating on whether to get Wasteland 3...if I can actually find someone to play that co-op with :(

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely gonna be picking up Vampire the Masquerade: Shadows of New York. I enjoyed Coteries of New York quite a bit, despite it being a bit short.

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
Holy shit... I literally do not know what to get, but my birthday is coming up soon and I'll be getting at least $100 (aside from all the money I'm saving for a trip) so... Wow. Where the fuck do I even begin?

Lightjolly

Oct 30, 2019
As far as the eye on september 10th, game is an absolutely delight for strategy fans.

Age of Empires 3 Definitive for $20 on October 15 is a steal

Oct 27, 2017
Crysis?

Great month, I thought I was going to be waiting mostly for the end of the month (Crysis, Serious Sam, Mafia) but what I've played of The Avengers has been fantastic.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
2 games I've been eyeing for awhile released today - anyone own these or have any impressions:

Ary and the Secret of the Seasons : Like old school 3D Zelda games where you can change seasons on the fly. Mostly positive reviews but some ppl say the game needs some patches for technical issues, but I want to play it - but it's $40!

The Last Farm : I keep an eye on pretty much every game that has any connection to Stardew Valley so I have had this on my wishlist for awhile, and it just came into EA today. Graphics look a bit drab but it's a farming game after the apocalypse which is something I haven't seen before. It has ONE review with not much info but positive, and the discussions are dead on it right now.

Other than that, September is a stupid month for PC gaming as usual. It seems like I end up buying half a dozen or more games nearly every month this year lol.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't understand people who are buying an early access Baldur's Gate 3.

There is no way I would want to play a buggy and incomplete Baldur's Gate 3, and on top of that have to start the whole thing over and lose 10-20 hours minimum of progress that I would need to replay when it actually releases.

Manac0r

Oct 30, 2017
UK
Thank you for a great thread. Appreciate the effort and work.

Have my eye on Iron Harvest but might wait to see if updates and patches address the AI/pathfinding issues.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
It sure is a busy month. Going to probably grab Amalur Reckoning remake and Mafia 1 since you get big discount for owning the OG games and i like them both. Maybe the new Three Kingdoms DLC.

Messing around with CK3 on GamePass, but it needs some more time in the oven plus couple decent sized DLCs for me to actuay buy it. Also doing similar thing with Wasteland 3. Both are surely titles I will own, just not at the time.

Great thread OP, its crazy to see so many games release in just one month.

Edit: I will be sure to own BG3, just not in EA. I so understand there is plethora of folks though who enjoy messing with the mechanics and contributing to development. Larian is pretry great in listening to feedback. Heck I am also tempted even though knowing myself I will play around with char creator, test it out for coupme hours and call it a day.

Oct 27, 2017
I just don't understand people who are buying an early access Baldur's Gate 3.

There is no way I would want to play a buggy and incomplete Baldur's Gate 3, and on top of that have to start the whole thing over and lose 10-20 hours minimum of progress that I would need to replay when it actually releases.

Divinity Original Sin 1&2 were pretty sandbox-y. It'll be pretty easy to jump in and mess around, only to restart later. I don't plan on taking my play through "seriously" until it's out of early access, but there's fun to be had until then.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The title reminded me, how come The Saboteur is not on Steam now with the rest of EA's games? It looks like it was once on Steam before being delisted.