• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
ZB0DSf.gif

These Highlight threads aim to showcase the various releases of the current month and releases that may have flown under the radar (of the previous month). The titles listed here vary from DLC/Expansions, to titles entering or leaving Early Access, as well as indie games.
These titles are listed as per their genre, so you can do a simple search for a basic genre term to find specific games that'd interest you

If there were any mistakes in the list, please let me know to fix it, but any titles not mentioned in the thread would be added to the next Highlight thread at the least.
Do consider wishlisting games that'd be of interest to you so you could pick them up in the future!

Thanks to Mugen, Andres, eonden, Morwull and animelashman for their great contribution to these threads!

If you want to discuss or have any questions regarding PC gaming, please take note of these handy discussion threads!
PC Builders Thread
Gaming Laptop Discussion Thread
Resetera SteamERA Group

First up are releases that don't have a Steam page/release, are getting a notably major update, or are available on other platforms. Demos and notable fan mods would also be listed as well.
Predator: Hunting Grounds
Romance of the Three Kingdoms 14's English ver. is now available
Dandara: Trials of Fear Edition update is live
Bug Fables is now available on GOG.com
SiN Gold received an update
Dance Collider gets Hardcore Update
Valorant Closed Beta begins in April
Haohmaru joins SoulCalibur 6's roster
New story mode scenario added to Slap City
Zoria: Age of Shattering demo is now available
Under Night InBirth: Exe Late[cl-r] update is now live

Last edited:

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
As always thanks for doing these threads!

Cloudpunk might fill the void that the Cyberpunk delay left. The art design seems really good so I'm looking forward to reading first impressions.

If Bethesda manages to turn 76 around similar to No Man's Sky, then I'm willing to give it a second shot. I really liked Fallout 4 so if the price is right I'm down for more.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll have to give ITTA and Galaxy War Fighter a buy. This also reminded me that the early access for the Deedlit Record of Lodoss War game was up. I've gotta get that.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Anyone here played Biped?

Seems to be getting good reviews on Steam.

Also looking forward to playing The Complex, really enjoyed Late Shift.

May 25, 2019
London
Surprisingly, I am most excited for Gears Tactics this month. I'm curious to see how they mesh Gears of War with the XCOM formula, especially after Phantom Doctrine didn't click for me.

I have been making extensive use of my old Steam Link for the last two months now that I have ethernet throughout the house, and it's shown me where a lot of the issues are with Steam Big Picture that prevent it from being a solution I can recommend wholeheartedly.

When they re-did Steam Friends, did they break it in Big Picture mode? I seem to recall that I used to be able to message friends from Big Picture in a very controller-friendly UI and chat window. Now, it just seems to present me with the desktop friends list view, which is a pain to read when sitting far way from my TV.

Additionally, is there a way to get the default library view to not only show "Remote Play optimized" games? There are a lot of games that fall outside that box that work just fine over Steam Link, like Ori & the Will of the Wisps, Resident Evil 2, and so on. It just feels like an unnecessary step I have to take every time I sit down to play a game.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, Tizoc! 😁

Billion Road looks neat. And it has online mp! Any word on the price?

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Surprisingly, I am most excited for Gears Tactics this month. I'm curious to see how they mesh Gears of War with the XCOM formula, especially after Phantom Doctrine didn't click for me.

I have been making extensive use of my old Steam Link for the last two months now that I have ethernet throughout the house, and it's shown me where a lot of the issues are with Steam Big Picture that prevent it from being a solution I can recommend wholeheartedly.

When they re-did Steam Friends, did they break it in Big Picture mode? I seem to recall that I used to be able to message friends from Big Picture in a very controller-friendly UI and chat window. Now, it just seems to present me with the desktop friends list view, which is a pain to read when sitting far way from my TV.

Additionally, is there a way to get the default library view to not only show "Remote Play optimized" games? There are a lot of games that fall outside that box that work just fine over Steam Link, like Ori & the Will of the Wisps, Resident Evil 2, and so on. It just feels like an unnecessary step I have to take every time I sit down to play a game.

I heard they're reworking BPM to be in tandem with the new client, dunno when the ETA is though

Thekeats

Nov 1, 2017
Great thread as always.

Couple of immediate items to add to the wishlist.

Tempted to grab Bloodwych. Seem to remember loving that game back in the C64 days. £3 aint a great deal to lose either.

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
How is everyone holding with the whole human malware and shelter-in-place mandate? Finally got off my lazy butt last month and rebuilt my PC along a with home office setup (KVM, multi-monitor, office chair, yada yada). I've been grinding a lot in Destiny 2 lately and soon need to find time to get back into MHW.

On a low key note, our asset creation folks have quietly been updating a bunch of title cards for the new Steam Library View. Only a dozen or so left to go, but we'll get there!

OP
OP
Tizoc

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
How is everyone holding with the whole human malware and shelter-in-place mandate? Finally got off my lazy butt last month and rebuilt my PC along a with home office setup (KVM, multi-monitor, office chair, yada yada). I've been grinding a lot in Destiny 2 lately and soon need to find time to get back into MHW.

On a low key note, our asset creation folks have quietly been updating a bunch of title cards for the new Steam Library View. Only a dozen or so left to go, but we'll get there!

Neat!
I like the one for re armed :)