• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
There are some weird market listings. I think it happened recently, likely this week. Either a bug or a hack.

vs.

All kinds of listings, quite expensive:

The listings for Dota2 trading cards:

Another example:

fWtKsNo.png

Last edited:

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I like how one year exclusivity is now bullshit now that it's happened to COD and consoles

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone been playing Hot Lava? Probably a bit of a strange question, but does it have anything akin to an ending?
It has an intro level, so wondering if there's an outro/epilogue level, for getting all stars or something like that?

Seems kinda odd to have a big lengthy intro sequence and a big opening cutscene, plus the last world playing on some themes and it all hinting at some sort of story and then that never actually amounting to anything at all.

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Just buy a PS4 if you want to play the exclusive mode. You can get it at amazon or target on the cheap now. I don't see what the big deal is, it's just another system.

TheTrain

Oct 27, 2017
Don't tell me that the new Medal of Honor is an Oculus Exclusive...
I want to be part of the VR by the end of the year but I also want an Index damn

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Next month is creeping up on us, so it's time to submit those recommendations!

98tT02E.png

Some notable releases next month include..
  • NeoCab - Uzzy
  • Afterparty - Uzzy
  • Destiny 2
  • Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince
  • Indivisible
  • Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint
  • GRID
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
  • The Outer Worlds
  • Disco Elysium
  • Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes Complete Edition
gK65o0a.png

• Spec Ops: The Line - Uzzy
JIfmoDo.png

• Dishonoured 2 - Uzzy

Pine is releasing on October 10th (my birthday!)

It's a BOTW-inspired action-adventure/RPG in a world where anthropomorphic animals are higher up the food chain than humans, and you play as a human to try to carve out a niche in this ecosystem where various species are trying to figure out who's in charge and who's gonna be lunch. Looks pretty cool.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone know if A Short Hike and Kind Words on The Humble Trove are the same, full versions that are on Steam?

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Pine is releasing on October 10th (my birthday!)

It's a BOTW-inspired action-adventure/RPG in a world where anthropomorphic animals are higher up the food chain than humans, and you play as a human to try to carve out a niche in this ecosystem where various species are trying to figure out who's in charge and who's gonna be lunch. Looks pretty cool.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to this one too. It's amazing how much the game has changed since the first reveal a few years ago.

I made a thread here earlier this month, but it's dead already.

I also found a gameplay of the first 30 minutes + impressions.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
How have people's luck been with using the New Steam UI tools to fix their categories. The stuff I have currently just isn't working atm and i'd rather not go through every game piece by piece.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
How have people's luck been with using the New Steam UI tools to fix their categories. The stuff I have currently just isn't working atm and i'd rather not go through every game piece by piece.

I have one collection that was migrated with a question mark in it. (it was called Remove?) Can't edit the name, can't view the collection either.

I'm also trying to abolish a lot of collections that can easily be just filtered with store tags. Its not easy to switch how you approach your entire library though.

Last edited:

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to see your old categories with the new library? I had a category of completed games before, and I don't remember them all.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I hid a lone game in a lone category and now the category is just there--empty--forever.

Don't make the same mistakes I did.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I would really want to see shelves in new library be separated from categories. I want for example to have Assassin's Creed shelf but I don't want to make AC category because I use Devs/Publishers for categories.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I would really want to see shelves in new library be separated from categories. I want for example to have Assassin's Creed shelf but I don't want to make AC category because I use Devs/Publishers for categories.
A game can be in more than one category if i am not wrong (at least with dynamic categories).

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
This is the first* sale of this interesting game:

* Putting aside the 10% discount during the release week.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
With the beta UI, I love that you can search your entire library now. With the old one you (IIRC) couldn't ever search hidden games. Makes looking up games you've set aside--but still want to check for some reason--a breeze.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
The PC GamePass is amazing in terms of content for the price. However, it is also a time travel 10 years in the past regarding some aspects.

I uninstalled Bloodstained a few days ago, because the art direction can be quite bad at times. I thought about installing it again, because I read some flattering reviews and listened to the soundtrack on Youtube. Well, my save file is gone: Xbox App deletes the save file when it uninstalls the game. There is no cloud save.

The save file should be found in: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\505GAMESS.P.A.BloodstainedRitualoftheNightPCGP_tefn33qh9azfc\.

Thankfully, I was only 25% into the game.

Edit: I have just done it again for a try. Yep, uninstalling the game leads to the deletion of the save file.

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
The PC GamePass is amazing in terms of content for the price. However, it is also a time travel 10 years in the past regarding some aspects.

I uninstalled Bloodstained a few days ago, because the art direction can be quite bad at times. I thought about installing it again, because I read some flattering reviews and listened to the soundtrack on Youtube. Well, my save file is gone: Xbox App deletes the save file when it uninstalls the game. There is no cloud save.

The save file should be found in: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\505GAMESS.P.A.BloodstainedRitualoftheNightPCGP_tefn33qh9azfc\.

Edit: I have just done it again for a try. Yep, uninstalling the game leads to the deletion of the save file.
You get what you pay for I guess.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017

This is good to know. I was wondering if I reinstalled Forza 4 would I still have my save, seems like the answer is no.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
You get what you pay for I guess.

It is a sub-optimal experience, but one can deal with it by saving the save file before uninstalling the game. The main issue is the lack of any disclaimer.

This is good to know. I was wondering if I reinstalled Forza 4 would I still have my save, seems like the answer is no.

It could depend on the game. If the game puts the save file in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\, then the answer is no.

If the game puts the save file somewhere in %APPDATA%\ or in your Documents, then hopefully the answer would be yes.

Shodan14

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Soo Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones comes out in a matter of hours and there is literally no coverage of any sort. It's not exactly looking great for it.

The most we have is an apology from the developer for not being able to fit their 50h vision into the game and possibly ending on a cliffhanger (which wouldn't exactly be out of place for a Lovecraftian story).

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gamepass is also great for trying a couple games I had in sight, but wasn't fully committed to purchase.
I can now safely say hatoful boyfriend is not for me.

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean it's good and bad though.

A lot of crappy games you can't even play past 1-2hrs, so if you put your minimum game time much higher, then chances are you're only going to get reviews from people who enjoyed the game (and therefore put time into it) - which means their reviews will most probably be positive.

So you still have to consider lower play-times imo.

Last edited:

Myradeer

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Honestly I'd trust that review more than most 0.5hr reviews. So many that says certain game is great or godawful after playing 20 minutes.

Freezard

Oct 28, 2017
First DLC mission finally out. Gonna try it later... I really like the boss fights in this game, so I hope you actually get to fight that submarine :f

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017

Focus Home Interactive refuses to give Frogwares rights to some game so they will be removed from stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.