• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
But we are in pc gaming thread, behave yourself lol
unknown.png

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I'll be joining this club soon after I build my Ryzen 3600X (soon 3950X) and 2080Ti behemoth of a machine.. My first time diving into legit PC gaming since like 1999.

I tried clicking the Discord link so I could join up but it seems to have expired.. can anyone help me get in there?

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
What are some good mech games nowadays?

Sooo if you like some mechs, you owe to yourself to check M.A.S.S.'s demo. The customization is i n s a n e. And after you finish the mech, you can customize each and every weapon.

Texture/glow/color editing on the smalles damned pieces? Check.
unknown.png

Joint lenght for every part of the body? Check.
e5f207b7e8.png

Assymetrical shoulders? Hands? Forearms? Front skirt? Back skirt? Check check check check check.
f5494eb4c6.png

Did I tell you about the optional G L O W tho
unknown.png

Battletech is more of a strategy game, but it is also in the monthly.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
So I'll be joining this club soon after I build my Ryzen 3600X (soon 3950X) and 2080Ti behemoth of a machine.. My first time diving into legit PC gaming since like 1999.

I tried clicking the Discord link so I could join up but it seems to have expired.. can anyone help me get in there?
Welcome to the club ;3
Check out fanatical.com as they have some bundle offers going on atm
If u like strategy games, consider humblebundle.com monthly bundle. They have a nice bundle going on atm too!

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
My phone: Mario Kart Tour is available for download.

Me: Nice

Mario Kart Tour: You need to link your Nintendo Account to play this game

Me: ...

How many damn accounts I need these days to play damn games?

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
So what's up with some games having two identical entries on the top sales chart? Like it makes sense with Destiny, maybe because they are DLC for a free game, but Code Vein just shows two of the same entries. Is it actually the normal/special edition they just aren't separated at some level on the backend?

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
So what's up with some games having two identical entries on the top sales chart? Like it makes sense with Destiny, maybe because they are DLC for a free game, but Code Vein just shows two of the same entries. Is it actually the normal/special edition they just aren't separated at some level on the backend?

Each entry represents a different SKU, yeah. All subs technically have their own store page, but unless a sub has been set up with its own About section (e.g. The Witcher 3 GOTY), Steam will just list the game multiple times.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'm hearing people say you can beat Flotsam in 5 hours.

Or more specifically, you move left to right from one area to the next on an overworld map FTL style and it takes 5 hours to get to the final one. Then you warp back to the first one and carry your progress, where you can pick alternate routes at the branching paths.

Game looks great but it feels kinda light on content for a $25 title. I might wait to see how it evolves through Early Access.

EDIT:

Freespace 2 free on gog today.

Last edited:

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
Man, I'm hearing people say you can beat Flotsam in 5 hours.

Or more specifically, you move left to right from one area to the next on an overworld map FTL style and it takes 5 hours to get to the final one. Then you warp back to the first one and carry your progress, where you can pick alternate routes at the branching paths.

Game looks great but it feels kinda light on content for a $25 title. I might wait to see how it evolves through Early Access.

EDIT:

Freespace 2 free on gog today.

One day I should feel bad that I have 100s of games on GOG and only paid for 2 and one of those came with a steam key anyway!

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
One day I should feel bad that I have 100s of games on GOG and only paid for 2 and one of those came with a steam key anyway!

I have like 40 and I think I paid for 2 or 3.

I've only played the ones I've paid for. :p

It's like when EA was giving away games on Origin. Gotta whole bunch but I still only play The Sims 4. That's it.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Is the Sims 4 already better than Sims 3?

Has been for a long while now. I've been a Sims nerd since day one and Sims 4 is the best of the bunch. By FAR.

The only caveat is how attached you are to the open-world design of Sims 3. (I always thought it was a neat idea that was terribly executed...making some activities take forever to get to on the map and also absolutely tanking system performance.)

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

Huh, this EA game looks quite interesting. A somewhat tycoonesque game where you have a random deck of cards to have more variance on start up.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
On October 17th:

I feel like there are several similar upcoming games, with different settings, but similar gameplay (exploration/management without all the 4X).
Let us say 2X: exploration and exploitation. Edit: "Open-world exploration/survival RPG".

Competition is fierce.

Last edited:

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
On October 17th:

I feel like there are several similar upcoming games, with different settings, but similar gameplay (exploration/management without all the 4X).
Let us say 2X: exploration and exploitation.

Competition is fierce.

I only have so much time. Can you guys not stop.

Also, I didnt know there was a sequel to CuriousExpedition, FUCK

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason, I thought I owned Freespace 2 for years on GOG. Turns out I was mistaken so GOG made my day today.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Weird question, preloaded Destiny 2 but it is in my download queue like this:

unknown.png

It reaches that time and then it just resets again to some hours after. Is that normal? Edit: seems it is normal for preloads. Thats a bit annoying.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Anyone know how often Witcher 3 GOTY edition goes on sale on Steam/GOG?

I managed to get it for PS4 for £8 like a year ago (still unplayed lol), but since then got a new PC and now I'm thinking I want to play it there at 60fps ultra settings.

I hate double dipping though, so any chance W3 GOTY PC edition will be going down below £10 any time soon?

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know how often Witcher 3 GOTY edition goes on sale on Steam/GOG?

I managed to get it for PS4 for £8 like a year ago (still unplayed lol), but since then got a new PC and now I'm thinking I want to play it there at 60fps ultra settings.

I hate double dipping though, so any chance W3 GOTY PC edition will be going down below £10 any time soon?

If you go on GOG.com it's £10.49 right now, historical low according to isthereanydeal.com

Status
Not open for further replies.