• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
My bad lol, game autosaves frequently at least so as long as you don't make manual saves you will never know which one you're on :p

AMD

Oct 27, 2017
I have 3 more days off this weekend.

I think I'll start "Bound by Flame" in my attempt to catch up on Spiders' games before GreedFall comes out.
I actually kinda like Spiders games and I particularly enjoyed Of Orcs and Men. Like much of their output, Bound by Flame is basically pretty decent (not great, but decent) but be warned that the final boss can be an utter, utter bastard.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Teeth Dunno why I'm obsessing over this but I am so /shrug

So that eshop top 10, now shows Minecraft in first place, Astral Chain in second so it has to be top sellers, since AC is the hot new release with good reviews so it has to be selling, and Minecraft is Minecraft. Also Urban Trial is going down spots now that it's not 90% off anymore.

This to say that Cuphead is still 4th as usual. Like I dunno if this is global or just EU or whatever.

Why am I the one wondering about this damn it, do your own research on your damn game >_<
I would like to help you out, but there's no way for us to know where we rank, as we only get to see how many copies we've sold. The back end is pretty spartan :/

closer

Oct 25, 2017
I tried to be hype for Greedfall during the months leading to its release but Steam era kept shitting on the game and telling me I was dumb for being excited for a Spider JankPG. Now with all the positive previews of the game I have become immune to its siren call thank to Steam era!

MRW someone say Greedfall:

tenor.gif

lmao
game looks fun tho

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I tried to be hype for Greedfall during the months leading to its release but Steam era kept shitting on the game and telling me I was dumb for being excited for a Spider JankPG. Now with all the positive previews of the game I have become immune to its siren call thank to Steam era!

MRW someone say Greedfall:

tenor.gif
I never shat on you for hyping it or being excited for it :x

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Playing GoW on PS4 and damn that The Stranger fight is amazing

Need to get back to Witcher 3 on PC though, my backlog is too big :(

Darkstorne

Oct 26, 2017
England
Is this the same art team that was behind Black Flag and Origins? I've always felt these three games look similar. I never finished Revelations (too burned out by Brotherhood by that point), but I've always adored its art direction.

I hope Ashraf's team gets to tackle Ancient China one day. I feel like that setting has the potential to be as beautiful as these three. I also keep meaning to check up on Ashraf's interviews because he's always been fairly open about what he wants to do next. Immediately after Black Flag released he was saying he wanted to go to Egypt next if Ubisoft allowed him to.

ac1.jpeg

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Is this the same art team that was behind Black Flag and Origins? I've always felt these three games look similar. I never finished Revelations (too burned out by Brotherhood by that point), but I've always adored its art direction.

I hope Ashraf's team gets to tackle Ancient China one day. I feel like that setting has the potential to be as beautiful as these three. I also keep meaning to check up on Ashraf's interviews because he's always been fairly open about what he wants to do next. Immediately after Black Flag released he was saying he wanted to go to Egypt next if Ubisoft allowed him to.

ac1.jpeg

All of those games had same Art Director, Raphael Lacoste. He is global Assassin's Creed Art Supervisor or something like that but for those games he was Art Director too.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
You know I just recently realized that unless Valve's flagship VR game got pushed back to 2020 we're probably very close to the reveal of the game and the huge shitshow that's going to happen all over the Internet when people who don't closely follow Valve find out the next Half Life is going to be a VR game.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
I just finished Gears 4 in preparation for 5 and have to say I absolutely loved it. The ending was kind of strange tbh and some of the Horde segments were a bit ridiculously difficult but overall a fantastic game. Can not wait for 5 now.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Doing a late night spotify crawl and I remembered that Bamco used to put out Dark Souls trailers cut to slow rock tracks. Sekiro(Acti) skipped the trend but I wonder if they will bring it back for Elden Ring.

I think this was the last one for the original Dark Souls 3:

God I hope we get something from ER soon. Can't think about trying to start anything currently, my mind is completely wrapped up in that game. Here's hoping we get something during TGS.

I'm actually downloading Mordor now. Maybe this time I'll finish it. Maybe lol
Im curious how you'll find it. I feel like the game is typical of many western open world games(or just open world games in general) where the gameplay outlast the content way before you even come close to clawing through most of it.

I found the first game much more focused and engaging but the sequel does not add enough new mechanics or things for the player to do but just rehashes the same loop from the first game almost step for step. Except this time the world has balloned to almost 3 times the size.

Bonfires Down

Nov 2, 2017
I'm looking forward to Green Hell and Overland this month.

Green Hell - Survival
2519B06B37C5BD8AE4DDD367053350687AA9C721

Overland - Turn Based Tactics
Overland_FullGame_Screenshot2.jpg

And I'll try out Creature in the Well on Game Pass.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
After 6 hours and many, many deaths I am beginning to think that perhaps choosing the "Hard" difficulty for Bound by Flame was a mistake.

Digging the enemy design (that fist Juggernaut boss was epic-looking, but I'm struggling to get the combat rhythm down, especially with Warrior weapons- doing much better with daggers.

The story and writing aren't particularly special, but they are all right. Spiders got this mix of Bioware and CDPRED influences that's virtually unmistakable. They want to have the Beware companions and relationships, but also just like every euro-jank RPG, there needs to be 5 menu screens, with not just incremental skills, but also "feats" (non-combat stuff), as well as crafting and inventory slots for each piece of equipment.

Also, the world is getting bigger compared to Mars: War logs, so their engine's clearly getting better at handling bigger areas.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited for the uPlay+ beta. I poured a hundred hours into The Division and enjoyed it, but D2 is so expensive, plus I don't want to play it for ten hours and be like, "meh." So being able to play it over a sub is great.

The thing I most enjoyed about D1 was playing it for a couple of hours every few weeks, which doesn't lend itself to a subscription service long term, and I own pretty much every other Ubisoft game I'd want to play.

So yeah, a one-month beta is just about perfect for me.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited for the uPlay+ beta. I poured a hundred hours into The Division and enjoyed it, but D2 is so expensive, plus I don't want to play it for ten hours and be like, "meh." So being able to play it over a sub is great.

The thing I most enjoyed about D1 was playing it for a couple of hours every few weeks, which doesn't lend itself to a subscription service long term, and I own pretty much every other Ubisoft game I'd want to play.

So yeah, a one-month beta is just about perfect for me.

Same tbh. Though with Gears 5 coming out I'll be splitting my time. Hoping i can get all the gaming I need during the beta to at least know which games interest me.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I would never get subscription service for games. I hate them for the same reason i hate timers in games, i don't like to be limited. As soon as i have time limit there is sense of urgency to finish something, and when there is sense of urgency i can't fully enjoy the game.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
3k sample size but still

Ryzen 3600 (advertised 4.2GHz boost): 49.8% of users hit 4.2GHz (n=568)

Ryzen 3600X (advertised 4.4GHz boost): 9.4% of users hit 4.4GHz (n=190)

Ryzen 3700X (advertised 4.4GHz boost): 14.7% of users hit 4.4GHz (n=1087)

Ryzen 3800X (advertised 4.5GHz boost): 26.7% of users hit 4.5GHz (n=159)

Ryzen 3900X (advertised 4.6GHz boost): 5.6% of users hit 4.6GHz (n=722)

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
3k sample size but still

Ryzen 3600 (advertised 4.2GHz boost): 49.8% of users hit 4.2GHz (n=568)

Ryzen 3600X (advertised 4.4GHz boost): 9.4% of users hit 4.4GHz (n=190)

Ryzen 3700X (advertised 4.4GHz boost): 14.7% of users hit 4.4GHz (n=1087)

Ryzen 3800X (advertised 4.5GHz boost): 26.7% of users hit 4.5GHz (n=159)

Ryzen 3900X (advertised 4.6GHz boost): 5.6% of users hit 4.6GHz (n=722)

Yeah. Ryzen 3 boosts are really overstated. "It may reach this for 1ms under specific loads with overtop cooling" kind of.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
Well, less bad than the one I got where they both died
iirc there are only 2 possible endings, if they both died it means you chose to save the children from being eaten by the crones. If you kill the spirit the baron and her wife lives but the crones eat the children. Up to you to say which one is the "bad" ending.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
iirc there are only 2 possible endings, if they both died it means you chose to save the children from being eaten by the crones. If you kill the spirit the baron and her wife lives but the crones eat the children. Up to you to say which one is the "bad" ending.
Apparently theres another where you kill the spirit before starting the crones quest

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I'll grab Spyro somewhere down the line, but I've never played the series before outside a random GBA game, so I'm in no rush.
The original games were nice adventure collectathons. The remake is bound to be visual eye candy much like CTR NF at least. It's the kind of game you can do each stage at your own pace exploring through them if you wish.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I have a desire to playing XCOM 1 for some reason. Mainly I just want to finally dive into this series :P
For that matter, I should play Doom (2016) in preparation for Eternal at least by October.

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
Hey new thread, looking good.
Currently going through Two Point Hospital's DLCs and having a blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.