• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I was thinking that challenge was impossible even before I realized the playthrough had to be done in a single sitting.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Despite being really crap at it, I keep returning to RAD.
Everytime I lose, and have to start a new run, I get a pissed off at it, but it doesn't take long for me to jump back in each time.
I've only reached 2-2 so far, but it's fun. It looks good, feels good to play, and the mutations keep it varied.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Got Blair Witch installing, finally picked up Bioshock Infinite season pass so excited to play through that.. only my new job has me working everyday next week so no free time. RIP me.

Toast

Oct 28, 2017
Trine, that takes me back. Achievement tells me I finished it in 2011. Wanted to get the chieves after, lol...

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
I have to say Remnant is kind of strange when it comes to SP/MP balancing.

Like in SP if you face a boss that has adds, its far harder, since the main boss and the adds are focusing on you. If you have at least two players at around the same level, one can take care of the adds, while the other focuses on the main boss and when the adds are gone, both can focus on the main boss till new adds are spawned.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
jediyoshi god damn is bayo 2 blurry on switch compared to CEMU. Too bad I can't fix the audio crashes on CEMU to play my wiiu copy.

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watched a bit more gameplay of GreedFall and I am impressed what they have done with that small budget. Yeah cities look bit static and things like that but overall it looks like that game will be decent RPG.
The magic of 'Let's work 18 hours a day 7 days a week, no overtime pay. Greedfall'

Dr. Ludwig

Oct 31, 2017
As always, if you think a game should be up in the recommendations, write one up for it!

I'll do one for Spyro if it's good enough to be put on the OP! (as a package, I think it's worth it) :

Among the recent nostalgic revivals, Toys For Bob have completely knocked it out of the park when it comes to bringing back the purple boy and his three excellent 3D platformers. Taking the original Insomniac classics and remaking them from the ground up in UE4 all in one package is a very impressive feat. Spyro is a more casual, relaxing and exploration-based 3D platformer that does not require fast reflexes such as say Mario or Crash. Also do expect flying levels, collectibles and frustrating vehicle sections, all hallmarks of 90s gaming!

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will September finally be the month I manage not to buy any game that will be thrown onto my backlog for the next few years? Noita, Blasphemous and Greedfall seem to disagree.

I'm really curious about how Greedfall treats the "native vs colonizer" narrative. Not having high hopes, but, who knows.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Might be able to do the challenge...assuming I can finish Legend of Heroes TITS FC this month.

I'm 12 hours in and still on chapter 1 lol.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
This game :D

ZMw0R6s.png

gxeFupO.png

piUzfDB.png

z9mcX0n.png

7fExtRP.jpg

xOi5gyN.png

IT1kNvO.png

Oct 25, 2017
I'll grab Spyro somewhere down the line, but I've never played the series before outside a random GBA game, so I'm in no rush.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'll probably get Spyro on the Switch instead (boo! hiss! etc.), but I'm looking forward to some nostalgia. I played 1 and 3 to death as a wee lad, but I only played a bit of 2 at a friend's house every now and again.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to uninstall Shadow of Boredor and make space for Prey. Idk why I didn't do it earleir but fuck it lets go!

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Control gives me a lot of Prey vibes, and I keep almost tempting myself to play it again. Maybe once I'm done with Control and there's nothing else on my radar.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
A world where people are seriously excited for a Spiders game is some truly dystopic nightmare.
I tried to be hype for Greedfall during the months leading to its release but Steam era kept shitting on the game and telling me I was dumb for being excited for a Spider JankPG. Now with all the positive previews of the game I have become immune to its siren call thank to Steam era!

MRW someone say Greedfall:

tenor.gif

svacina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I tried to be hype for Greedfall during the months leading to its release but Steam era kept shitting on the game and telling me I was dumb for being excited for a Spider JankPG. Now with all the positive previews of the game I have become immune to its siren call thank to Steam era!

tenor.gif
It's less the game and more the company for me. If Greedfall was made by somebody else I would be a lot more optimistic.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Greedfall actually looks kind of good, still convinced it's a horrible trick lol.

Blair Witch really makes me want to get an oled this black Friday, two thirds of the screen is pitch black at night which while definitely spooky can look a bit blown out with my 4 year old TV without fucking around with the tv settings and losing detail elsewhere.

Really loving the sound design with headphones, can hear almost exactly where the enemies are with the binaural audio and it's very tense as they close in. Looking forward to finishing it tonight.

Last edited:

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017

tenor.gif
Don't let the tired cynicism on here get you down. You can still be excited, I'd just wait for reviews and impressions of the real thing before considering buying.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
A spider game being good, a Steam UI update, and Bannerlord having a solid release date cant happen at the same time. It would signal the end of times.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
I've pre-ordered Greedfall and am picking up The Sims 4: Realm of Magic.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Blair Witch hasn't really meshed with me yet. I played for a bit and saved on Chapter 3 so it either has a lot of chapters or it's a short game.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the replies though I shouldn't have clicked on how many chapters there are because I hate artificially knowing when I'm close to a game's end.

Status
Not open for further replies.