• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
I love how the FIFA 21 description says " The second best football series " why is PES the first? Besides the fact that it's totally subjective, if we talk about objective things FIFA sells way better, has more fans, it's overall way bigger and more important in the videogames market than PES. Then if we wanna talk subjectively i prefer FIFA overall since PES lacks a lot of licences, the online sucks with lack of modes, p2p servers, lag, disconnections and it takes forever to find a match, plus all the menu design and user interface look like they are from 2005. I was a PES fan during the PS1 and PS2 era and i would have never touched FIFA back then, also my favorite team, Juventus, is a PES "exclusive" but still FIFA is and has been the best soccer game for a while now

Football manager is the best though. Besides PES generally has a better on the field product, though it's lacking in pretty much everything else like you mentioned.
I enjoy fifa for what it is but it's definitely not a high class product year after year.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Wow, Watchdogs and maybe Fifa for me this month.

Hopefully my 3080 arrives before watchdogs.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will PC2 finally get a release of Final Fantasy I and II?... because that is really bothering the shit out of me. I'd rather have those before getting Final Fantasy VII Remake.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
With nothing much to play right now I am thinking of giving New Vegas a second chance. I only made it 3 hours before stopping a few years back.

What are the essential mods I should install? Looking ideally for some visual upgrades and QoL improvements.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Cool OT name lol I do feel like that though, even though I'm already coming at terms with the fact that the PC upgrade will be a slow burn

Many games. I didn't even know Watch Dogs Legion comes out this October. Have WD2 on the backlong since I don't know when and untouched. Played it a bit on PS4 but wasn't very thrilled by it, though when I did I was barely playing anything. I'm one of the few weirdos that loved the first Watch Dogs too so I don't know why I haven't played the sequel

This month I run out of EA Play basic, since I already hooked on Game Pass I won't be renewing. So I'm focused on finishing Vampyr before October 19th. What a fun game, though sometimes combat is frustrating

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I love how the FIFA 21 description says " The second best football series " why is PES the first? Besides the fact that it's totally subjective, if we talk about objective things FIFA sells way better, has more fans, it's overall way bigger and more important in the videogames market than PES. Then if we wanna talk subjectively i prefer FIFA overall since PES lacks a lot of licences, the online sucks with lack of modes, p2p servers, lag, disconnections and it takes forever to find a match, plus all the menu design and user interface look like they are from 2005. I was a PES fan during the PS1 and PS2 era and i would have never touched FIFA back then, also my favorite team, Juventus, is a PES "exclusive" but still FIFA is and has been the best soccer game for a while now
lmao

and he was obviously on about FM being #1

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uzzy

jimGnzT.jpg

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Lets take a look at card games and some RPGs this time in "Discoveries in Discovery Queue"!

Cartridge defense

A roguelite combination of card-based and tower defense. It is still in EA but it seems to have a decent amount of content already!

Cartridge Defense is a tower defense game with collectible cards that you will use to create your own decks to defend against robots in the cyberpunk inspired future. Play cards (cartridges) to spawn towers, upgrades, special abilities and more.

Knock on the coffin lid

RPG card game adventure. Choose your destiny and beat the consequences.

During the game, the main character has a path on which he will always face a hard choice: which way to the main goal will be right one? Help the dwarves to destroy the elven idol or pass by? Could you trust a huge orc? Do I even need such card in my deck?
The choice, as well as all consequences it leads, depends only on you!

unknown.png

Amazing Cultivation Simulator

This fine Chinese game is finally getting an English translation! It is similar to Rimworld on the sense of a randomized map you need to work around. This time, you need to make sure you increase your cultivation and become a god among men.

Rough Google Translate:
"Amazing Immortal Cultivation Simulator" is a simulated business game with Roguelike elements and a combination of survival, role-playing, strategy and other elements. The game is inspired by works such as "Dwarf Fortress", "RimWorld", "Xinshu Mountain Swordsman", "Tianxia Tyrant" and other works, and aims to simulate a unique journey of cultivation for players.
In the game, the player will guide the character's survival and production from the perspective of God and establish his own school. In this process, you will feel the surprises or surprises encountered by the characters, solve the crises and difficulties they face, and personally create your own legend of cultivation.
Every restart is a brand new map, find the right place in the random terrain, let everything in the world become your help. In the sandbox world, do what you want, don't be restrained, do whatever you want. It is up to you to decide whether to live in a group in a cave, build a pavilion on the lake, or use spiritual stones to enjoy the luxury of local slabs.

Vaporum Lockdown

Vaporum is a steampunk dungeon crawler where you need to dig deep to know what the fuck happened in the tower of Vaporum

Vaporum: Lockdown is a prequel to the award-winning steampunk dungeon crawler Vaporum. It is a grid-based, single-player, single-character game, seen from a first-person perspective in an original steampunk setting, and inspired by old-school games like Dungeon Master I and II, the Eye of the Beholder series, and the more recent Legend of Grimrock I and II.
Vaporum: Lockdown follows the story of Ellie Teller, a scientist who is a part of a mysterious research project in the middle of an ocean. Following disastrous events, she struggles to survive and escape the tower of Arx Vaporum.

Morten88

Dec 22, 2019
Did anyone try Surviving the aftermath yet? Im really curious about the game since its right up my alley.

Also tons of great games comes out this month!

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Mafia: Definitive completed. Loved it.

Now to grind the achievements I need and replay on classic.

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
Another issue of replaying Bloodlines is how much the graphics remind me of Half-Life 2. Now I wanna replay HL2...

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I'm on the verge of downloading Destiny 2. I haven't played Destiny since playing waaaaay too much in Year One, and getting out for my sanity at the end of the year. I've been seeing they're about to vault some campaign content and a few plants on Nov 10th iirc.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Can't believe it's October already. Gonna check out some FIFA 21, Star Wars Squadrons, and Hades this weekend, and also continuing in Control. Looking forward to a nice, relaxing weekend of gaming with some cool weather outside.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone know how the early access trial for FIFA works on Steam? I have EA Play, I even bought FIFA and pre-loaded it but can't play it. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if it hasn't started yet or what.

Edit: There seems to be an issue with the Steam early access stuff, looks like a lot of people are having the issue and EA are investigating.

Last edited:

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Solasta: Crown of the Magister is coming to Early Access Oct 20. Isometric turn based tactical RPG. Looks really nice. Uses the D&D SRD 5.1 ruleset. I backed it, so hoping it's good.

store.steampowered.com

Solasta: Crown of the Magister on Steam

Roll for initiative, take attacks of opportunity, manage player location and the verticality of the battle field in this Turn-Based Tactical RPG based on the SRD 5.1 Ruleset. In Solasta, you make the choices, dice decide your destiny.

IntroGifv3.gif

Naarmight

Oct 27, 2017
I have to go dust off my HOTAS, downloaded Squadrons and ready to go. Cannot wait, Ive wanted a new X-Wing game for like 20 years! Here it is, also think I have been talked into Shadowlands, this will be a retro month, so I may try and fit in Alien Isolation too!

Pitou

Oct 25, 2017
its finally October! now I can feel the despair of not being able to purchase a 3070 because of bots!

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabeā€™s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Completed AI this year, and loved every minute of it. Great thread Uzzy !

jwd6KeD.png
https://steamcommunity.com/id/UltraJay/stats/appid/214490/achievements

zGjEiON.png

That happens with a lot of games that don't play nice with non-standard resolutions. Happened to me a lot when I had a 16:10 monitor.
Uzzy

Sign me up as well

3rSaSjn.jpg

steamcommunity.com

Ifrit30's Alien: Isolation Achievement Progress

39 of 50 (78%) achievements earned:

Weird, I don't think I played/finished it on the hardest difficulty on release.

And added, good job all!

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game of Thrones bird game should be interesting but I do hope Winterfall don't start so far away. It's too easy for them to wander around in the early stages (in the actual board game).

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
And the beta for the rollback update for KOF 2002UM is up!

Really good game, it has an amazing cast with over 50 characters, that's not even including bosses!

dcwRMEU.png

/shill

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Uzzy

e4XFXH5.png

Scrolling the achievement list has tempted me to do another playthrough for halloween.

Tom Glass

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
Uzzy

wlULUL2.jpg

Trophy text is in Polish and I've finished it on PS4... I don't know if that counts though:)

Last edited:

deadman322

Oct 29, 2017
don't know if this is the right thread to post this but can anyone with knowledge about these things, help me decide what HOTAS to get, Logitech G Saitek Flight or Thrustmaster T16000M?

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I finished 6 Thumper levels so far, only 3 more left. Yeah i am not going after S Rank in these.

Status
Not open for further replies.