• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Looking for a little assistance.

Up until Monday night I used to live in a basement flat. Until a leak appeared and flooded the living room.

Long story short, getting a new flat in the same building. However it is smaller than my current flat. Considerably smaller. So no room for my computer desk.

So going to plug the desktop into the TV and play comfy sofa mode.

So what is the best way to play something like stellaris? Or minecraft?

Most other games I play are controller friendly, however these not as much.

Appreciate any assistance

Spare no expense:
91syaNp-QLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Don't forget the Monster Gamer Fuel.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
These things are so ridiculous and HARDCORE GAMER edgey, but they're actually genuinely terrific to use for couch PC gaming. Even shooters feel great on this goofy-ass thing.

I was joking, but honestly, if I had a closet to hide it in when other people were around, I would totally use one of these. Comfort over all!

Thekeats

Nov 1, 2017
Would a lap table for keyboard and mouse be out of the question? If not you could pair one with a trackball mouse to reduce the amount of space needed for cursor movement.
Spare no expense:
91syaNp-QLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Don't forget the Monster Gamer Fuel.

Cheers for the help.

Going to try the middle ground of a steam controller.

Will also look into some tray type support as well.

The couch master looks great, just a touch out of my price range unfortunately.

Oct 30, 2017
Wow, this game looks super intriguing to me. I fucking love everything I see in that trailer. It was apparently released on Japanese PSN in June of last year, but can't really find any impressions. Looks rad as hell though.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Wow, this game looks super intriguing to me. I fucking love everything I see in that trailer. It was apparently released on Japanese PSN in June of last year, but can't really find any impressions. Looks rad as hell though.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm adding it to my wishlist now :D Looks like Onimusha/Resident Evil style of exploring and item collection etc. for some reason.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Hot tip to anyone using Steam's co-op streaming thing...if you have less than 30Mb upload, you are probably going to be in for a rough time.

The interface is also preeeeetty buggy, wherein failed streams will lockup your desktop, making it so you can't tab away to close stuff. They also have "Settings" during a stream hard coded to Alt+Tab, which is Windows' default task switcher...that makes no sense to me, it just causes all kinds of issues.

Beta, folks!

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Man Ubisoft played Epic hard. Both The Division 2 and Breakpoint underperformed and most sales came from UPlay. And i guess removing games from 3rd party key sellers had impact too.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder will Ubisoft come back to Steam now that their last 2 games failed to sell. Impulse purchases and sales could help a lot.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
How is the Long Dark story mode? Third episode came out yesterday.

Got it in a monthly ages ago but never played it

Oh my God finally. I'll be honest I thought it'd never keep the story going. The story isn't amazing but it's a nice wrapper for the survival elements instead of just playing survival mode until you run out of ways to make fire.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder will Ubisoft come back to Steam now that their last 2 games failed to sell. Impulse purchases and sales could help a lot.

I think Division 2 underperforming had more to do with its performance on console than on PC. Wasn't there a report earlier that PC numbers are pretty much the same between the first and second while consoles were way below expectations? Can't comment about Breakpoint.

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
I'd probably have bought the Division 2 on a Steam midweek or weekend sale. I'm sure it's been cheaper on Uplay but I'm never on there looking at the store. Not interested enough I guess.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
I think Division 2 underperforming had more to do with its performance on console than on PC. Wasn't there a report earlier that PC numbers are pretty much the same between the first and second while consoles were way below expectations? Can't comment about Breakpoint.

It's a lot easier to get your friends to all buy a game on PC than it is on console. Can't think about the last game that me and all of my friends bought on console together, especially not a sequel to a semi-recent game already.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Selling 10 times on uplay doesn't mean much as there was only two places (uplay, egs) to buy the game rather than tens - hundreds normally.
It could still have sold less total. (copies wise)

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017

PC version did good for first month or so. Then lack of content and other issues became apparent so sales dropped. Steam sales and big audience could have helped. Also 3rd party key sellers could help too. Impulse purchases are still a thing :D

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
If Ubi would stop making all their games similar and live service games, they'd likely sell better

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
PC version did good for first month or so. Then lack of content and other issues became apparent so sales dropped. Steam sales and big audience could have helped. Also 3rd party key sellers could help too. Impulse purchases are still a thing :D

They definitely missed out on the "lemme check the steam charts, oh its pretty active and that guy i know plays it, lemme go ahead and get it" demographic

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017

Yes.

Probably. That is also a problem next to no one talks about in regards to EGS (and other platforms mind you) is what are its plans for game to sell in the long run.

In the case of Division 2 weren't there also pretty deep discounts on uPlay that might have attracted new users? Especially because you still need uPlay to play it after all. Not saying the uPlay audience is as big as that of Steam.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Probably. That is also a problem next to no one talks about in regards to EGS (and other platforms mind you) is what are its plans for game to sell in the long run.

In the case of Division 2 weren't there also pretty deep discounts on uPlay that might have attracted new users? Especially because you still need uPlay to play it after all. Not saying the uPlay audience is as big as that of Steam.

Game is currently 65% off on UPLay and consoles i think. So they are trying to sell it hard.

BTW did anyone bought anything from

It is listed on IS there Any Deal, thy say that they sell official keys on their site and they accept normal payments and there are no hidden fees. So they look legit. They have 20% off code for next 6 days so you can get RDR2 for like 44 euros.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
This.
Every single AAA game of there's is the same shit; some sort of bloated open world action adventure, and it's all got as boring as stale piss a long time ago.

Who in 2019 is jumping from massive bloated open world game to massive bloated open world game? I can't imagine having that little variety.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
This.
Every single AAA game of there's is the same shit; some sort of bloated open world action adventure, and it's all got as boring as stale piss a long time ago.
I remember over a decade ago, as a kid, being excited as fuck if a game was open world, since only GTA was mainly that.

Now, I resent open world games.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Anyone know how to get Dualshock 4 working properly in Witcher 3 from GOG?

I've got it plugged in and the inputs are working but button prompts are still Xbox..

Edit: Nvm I restarted the game like 5 times and it started working for some reason lol

Last edited:

Endruen

Oct 25, 2017
Spain

I've got it plugged in and the inputs are working but button prompts are still Xbox..

Edit: Nvm I restarted the game like 5 times and it started working for some reason lol
If it happens again, try to launch the game through Steam, that way you will get the controller support from it.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Steam's Halloween Sale will feature "ZdogSpookyHouse" whatever that is.
And promotion for in game events:

unknown.png

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018

A quick Google suggests it has native support, though maybe that only applies with USB connection. Have you tried running it from Steam? Or having DS4Windows running? Probably not both Steam and DS4Windows running, but you could try that just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.