• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Cool trailer, if way too short. The question remains though, when's Baiken?
Hopefully in the oven, getting a redesign closer to her original looks than Xrd's mess.

I'm not sure if we have an "interesting Kickstarters" kind of thread, but this looks super interesting (PC only so far):

David Gaider
Troy Baker
Laura Bailey

The budget analysis seems credible, they already have some start-up funding... I think I'm in!
It got a thread some days ago: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ch...of-dragon-age-and-pillars-of-eternity.146311/

closer

Oct 25, 2017
messed up a connecting ribbon on my ds4 and while I'm waiting for a replacement to arrive, man I really use a controller for like 95% of the pc games I play huh

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
It looks rough around the edges but interesting theme.

Teeth I started Gears Judgement, after first chapter i can't say that i am impressed. So far it really looks like horde mode with few changes and a story xD
I mean, what is really the difference between the encounters in Judgment vs the encounters in the rest of the Gears games? You go through a door, you fight rock goblins, you progress forward, fight more rock goblins, go through another door or slow-walk-and-talk, etc.

Mainly what Judgment does is cut out most of the slow-walk sections, turret sections, boring "horror" levels, terrible vehicle sections, etc. Yeah, the explicit gamification of each area makes it feel like less of a journey and more of, well, a game...but by the fourth Gears game, I was okay with that change (especially since 4 and 5 go back to lots of walk and talk sections).

And yeah, the literal 'defend this point' sections are literally Horde, but Horde is fun, so I'm fine with it.

What you will get is really fun variations on Gears encounters, especially if you do all the declassified stuff (which, if you aren't...why are you even playing Judgment? Hahahah). You'll also get the most enemy variety, situational variety, and weapon variety in the Gears series.

I think I said it back when we first discussed it, which is...while Judgment may not be the best first-time through Gears game, it's definitely the best Gears game to replay (especially with the procedurally generated enemy spawns). It also has some fun Gears lore regarding the UIR, with Paduk and Sofia (and an interesting later level), which has a slight pay-off when you get to Gears 5. It also has, by far, the best playing last boss in the series. Oh, and once you're done with Judgment's campaign, you get a really solid bonus chapter that is lifted straight out of Gears 3 (including the standard campaign format, control scheme, and 'go on a contiguous journey' feeling).

And like I said way back then, I totally understand not liking Judgment, as it's entirely dependent on what you come to the series, or games in general, for. It's less 'journey' and more 'just action'. If you're in it for the sense of adventure, characters (though I'd argue that Paduk and Sofia are good additions) and meaningful story impact, then yeah, Judgment does not deliver at all. But if you like Gears for the fun combat setups, enemy variety, and encounter design, Judgment is ace (there's even a really good 'storming of Normandy' level).

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Terminator DLC for MK 11 is decent

656CF29F9E59A6854158B52E7C54FBA333E498EA
DC3DA302CBF96743C5B5AF7F2F5DE1148B465785
8C3B76A7FD45E1DA89AE37D0C2E10AD8C122A3E9
2389215F5A8305A0994566D848B1B27BBE45F380

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can we avoid posting super gore pics in the middle of a thread that's not explicitly about MK?
You wouldn't do that with tits, don't do that with a ribcage.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, what is really the difference between the encounters in Judgment vs the encounters in the rest of the Gears games? You go through a door, you fight rock goblins, you progress forward, fight more rock goblins, go through another door or slow-walk-and-talk, etc.

Mainly what Judgment does is cut out most of the slow-walk sections, turret sections, boring "horror" levels, terrible vehicle sections, etc. Yeah, the explicit gamification of each area makes it feel like less of a journey and more of, well, a game...but by the fourth Gears game, I was okay with that change (especially since 4 and 5 go back to lots of walk and talk sections).

And yeah, the literal 'defend this point' sections are literally Horde, but Horde is fun, so I'm fine with it.

What you will get is really fun variations on Gears encounters, especially if you do all the declassified stuff (which, if you aren't...why are you even playing Judgment? Hahahah). You'll also get the most enemy variety, situational variety, and weapon variety in the Gears series.

I think I said it back when we first discussed it, which is...while Judgment may not be the best first-time through Gears game, it's definitely the best Gears game to replay (especially with the procedurally generated enemy spawns). It also has some fun Gears lore regarding the UIR, with Paduk and Sofia (and an interesting later level), which has a slight pay-off when you get to Gears 5. It also has, by far, the best playing last boss in the series. Oh, and once you're done with Judgment's campaign, you get a really solid bonus chapter that is lifted straight out of Gears 3 (including the standard campaign format, control scheme, and 'go on a contiguous journey' feeling).

And like I said way back then, I totally understand not liking Judgment, as it's entirely dependent on what you come to the series, or games in general, for. It's less 'journey' and more 'just action'. If you're in it for the sense of adventure, characters (though I'd argue that Paduk and Sofia are good additions) and meaningful story impact, then yeah, Judgment does not deliver at all. But if you like Gears for the fun combat setups, enemy variety, and encounter design, Judgment is ace (there's even a really good 'storming of Normandy' level).

I guess i like those downtimes. For example when i played Doom 2016 i liked game but i was getting tired when there were too many arenas after arenas. I like slow moments in games after intense moments.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
I guess i like those downtimes. For example when i played Doom 2016 i liked game but i was getting tired when there were too many arenas after arenas. I like slow moments in games after intense moments.

Totally understandable. I'd still say Gears 3 is overall the better game (because those elements probably do elevate the package ultimately), but on replay, stuff like the level where you go back to Maria's grave and touch a bunch of buttons on pipes, or the submarine level, or the ash level before meeting Ice T, all feel like a real slog.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
anyone have issues with downloading gamepass games? dl speed just completely stops. itll shoot up to near my dl cap then just drop off until its completely stalled. ive reset the win store already with no luck.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Totally understandable. I'd still say Gears 3 is overall the better game (because those elements probably do elevate the package ultimately), but on replay, stuff like the level where you go back to Maria's grave and touch a bunch of buttons on pipes, or the submarine level, or the ash level before meeting Ice T, all feel like a real slog.

I usually replay games to experience story again not for the gameplay. There are exceptions like immersive sim games that i play again for the gameplay. So i guess Judgement is not meant for people like me. I mean it is still Gears game that is bit light on story (so far) and with bit differently designed encounters.

Ooops

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Me: I should try to get out of the post Life is Strange funk.
Also Me: Watches this for the fifteenth time today.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Repost from the other thread. Help please.
If it happens on every boot, right click the taskbar, go to task manager and the start-up tab, disable everything there, reboot and see if it happens again. If it doesn't happen anymore, start enabling things and narrow it down that way.
After you narrow it down, reinstall that program.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
What does your favorites tab look like y'all?
I'm boring and simply fav the games I am currently playing.

TnSvix1.png

• ASTRONEER is my current relaxation game. Just wandering around, making paths, gathering stuff. It's great!
  • Really happy I started Bioshock 2 again, it's such a fantastic game. Got put on hold due to an event in Dying Light but I'm itching to get back to it.
  • Dark Souls III is currently only for co-oping so it's going slow. I'm done with all the covenant item farming and we're just having fun with NG+ now.
  • I'm also happy that I picked Dying Light back up. Finally 100%ed the main game and I'm about half way through The Following I think. The current event called "Deadeye's Promise" is perfect for me because I pretty much only use bows. I'm trying to finish the expansion before the event ends.
  • The Letter is taking me quite some time to finish. I'm at 45 hours and I still have like 50% of the stuff in chapter 7 left to unlock. I was gonna play a lot of spooky games this month but this game took way more time than I thought it would!

4 gifts from Cerium

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 4 gifts from Cerium Cerium!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Cerium said:
We've got leftover prizes from the Giveaway Extravaganza! Thanks to Focus Home for A Plague Tale: Innocence.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: A Plague Tale: Innocence - Won by Premium Ghoul Premium Ghoul (44 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Outbreak Epidemic - Won by SteveWinwood SteveWinwood (1 entry)
  • Steam Steam: Outbreak: The New Nightmare - Won by Ryu Ryu (1 entry)
  • Steam Steam: Outbreak: The Nightmare Chronicles - Won by predprey (1 entry)

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

Pocky4Th3Win

Oct 31, 2017
Minnesota
A friend of mine bought me Star Citizen and I don't know why but it runs like poo at 1080p on my HTPC. It's a Ryzen 5 2600 with a 2080 Ti Soni expected it to run decent. Anyone have any experience with what could be causing massive stuttering.

Catshade

Oct 26, 2017
Ugh... the only thing that prevents me from trying the new beta is the old horizontal banner some games still have. I know you can manually put custom images for that, but it'll be a slog for my huge library.

Deleted member 3190

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really love it. Was fun to revisit it. Played it to death on the PS3 at launch. I know people have reservations about the price but totally worth it to me. Holds up so well and personally a better game that the second one. Love two as well!
Random shot in the dark, but are you aware of any save converters to bring a PS3 save forward to the remaster. I made some decent progress a couple of years back, but didn't get around to finishing it. Wouldn't want to restart if I didn't have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.