• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Which controller do you guys use when kb+mouse isn't the best option ? Like playing Forza Horizon 4 (I don't have steering wheel to play on the PC) or Crash Bandicoot
Dualshock 4 or Xbox One ?
I use ds4s personally speaking. They are good for me.
If there is a controller you are comfortable with, go with that one. Also do make use of Steam controller config since it is basically used to make custom configurations for one's controller.

vitormg

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Oh my god. I just came across this new Humble Monthly deal and it is INSANE! I have been waiting to buy both Crash and Spyro for so looong and now they're both mine for 12$. I even get an additional bonus of CODWWII.

I am really happy right now. Spyro 1 is my childhood in a nutshell. Can't wait to play all of them remastered!

theSoularian

Oct 25, 2017
Which controller do you guys use when kb+mouse isn't the best option ? Like playing Forza Horizon 4 (I don't have steering wheel to play on the PC) or Crash Bandicoot
Dualshock 4 or Xbox One ?

I've been using the Xbox one ( and before that the 360 controller). Since I started using Microsoft's controllers, I haven't used the kb+m much anymore....which might be considered blasphemous to PC gamers :P

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
GreedFall is such a huge step up for Spiders. This is like Witcher 2 level good.

Still chugs like crazy on my derelict PC (I blame the AMD 8350), but despite the choppy framerate, actual combat's pretty smooth and responsive. And I want to keep exploring.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Gem price is increasing.

pGkoFBy.png

Madjoki You might get richer just by selling your 146k gems one day.

Last edited:

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
W4w9NfN.png

Just gotta share everything with the girlfriend don't ya Emily.

FXyuvJl.jpg

20,000 gold is an insultingly small bounty! So rude.

IFljBBU.png

Anyway, another level down with no kills and no detections. Not sure which body got detected, might have been related to the Mindy Blanchard quest, but still, they didn't connect it with me!
This game is so good :3

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
I really appreciated the addition of the stats screen in Dishonored 2, so you can check if your ghost and/or no-kill run is intact in the middle of a mission. It was very annoying spending 2-3 hours stealthily completing a mission in the first Dishonored only to be told at the mission complete screen that one of the guards you knocked out and placed lovingly on a roof fell off when you weren't looking and whoops, goodbye pacifist run.

Even better would have been if there was an option to have a pop-up that said "hey you just lost the ghost bonus for this mission" or similar.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
This game is so good :3

It really is.

HdHl8pw.png

One thing I love about the backstory to the game is that Emily hasn't exactly been a great Empress, at least not yet. There's a reason the coup was successful, and it wasn't just that nobles were pissed off with some increased taxes.

Anyway, Mission 3 down. One more body seen, but that was deliberate this time! Playing it without powers is actually really interesting.
YjPrfy6.png

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know what causes and how to prevent BSOD with the error code: CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT

vastag

Oct 26, 2017
I'm a complete newbie to Destiny 2. Are season passes worth it? I'm considering getting shadowkeep but I'm not sure if I should get the deluxe edition for the 4 season passes.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Seems some piece of hardware or software is blocking your cpu, such that the watchdog timer is running out.

It is designed as a safeguard to prevent hardware lock ups.
Hmm, could it be the overclock? It's worked fine for years but could be fucking up now.

Was considering resetting Windows. Dunno if that would help though.

hom3land

Oct 27, 2017
I'm at a loss on what to play. I still love playing OW but feel I should take a break. I like Apex legends but get tired of playing with no talking teammates. I like Yakuza 0 but at a task which I have to run around the city and its tedious. And between epic,steam,Uplay, ms game pass, I probably have over 100 games I could play but there's just too many damn options. So I just keep on playing OW.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
When you trust Windows automatic defragmentation:

unknown.png

How is this even possible.
It's making copying to new HDD to be only 10-20 MB/s, with 2TB to copy.

Gem price is increasing.

pGkoFBy.png

Madjoki You might get richer just by selling your 146k gems one day.

I guess there isn't as many gems entering market because exploits are closed (cheap games with trading cards, event items, etc.)
Still long way to what they once were.

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, could it be the overclock? It's worked fine for years but could be fucking up now.

Was considering resetting Windows. Dunno if that would help though.
Try removing the overclock, if it still happens then it isn't that.

Unfortunately the symptom here could be caused by any number of things.

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a complete newbie to Destiny 2. Are season passes worth it? I'm considering getting shadowkeep but I'm not sure if I should get the deluxe edition for the 4 season passes.
The F2P campaign is pretty lengthy, try that first if you haven't. It'll give a good idea of what to expect.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
I guess there isn't as many gems entering market because exploits are closed (cheap games with trading cards, event items, etc.)
Still long way to what they once were.

I would rather like new exploits to appear. Access to cheap gems prevents the card prices from increasing too much, and I have already sold most of my cards anyway.

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The F2P campaign is pretty lengthy, try that first if you haven't. It'll give a good idea of what to expect.
I tried to play D2 with some friends but neither of us could figure out how to start the "main" quest line. The only quests marked with "New Light" were "Get to power level 770" and afterwards "Get to power level 780" then we stopped.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I tried to play D2 with some friends but neither of us could figure out how to start the "main" quest line. The only quests marked with "New Light" were "Get to power level 770" and afterwards "Get to power level 780" then we stopped.

Go to the tower hub and go to the hangar. There you can purchase (for free) the main mission and 2 of the expansions. Warmind and the Osiris one. Then to to the missions tab and start the main mission. From time to time you'll have to open the map and click on the mission icon to take a story mission.

Last edited:

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
Slowly crawling my way through Door Kickers. I wish the stats screen for the weapons was more accurate. Apparently stats can go off the scale so weapons they look equal in one area aren't, so it's difficult to get a read on what loadout you should go with.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
Wait! Kind Words was part of the July Humble Monthly?! WTF, I didnt even know about that! No notification or email or something. Looking forward to playing this. owo

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from XR. XR.!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

XR. said:
One of my all-time favorites. Make sure to play this one!

These are our awesome prizes:

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Go to the tower hub and go to the hangar. There you can purchase (for free) the main mission and 2 of the expansions. Warmind and the Osiris one. Then to to the seasons tab and start the main mission. From time to time you'll have to open the map and click on the mission icon to take a story mission.
Bungie did a really piss poor job at directing completely new players to the campaigns. I get that they want people to know all that destiny has to offer with the New Light questline, so maybe once you go through that long enough they will finally tell you about the campaigns, but man. It seems absolutely insane to me.

May 17, 2019
I really need to make time for this. It sounds so good. I feel so compelled to try to get through Pathologic 1 first though, since I keep hearing vague allusions to how P2 is both a remake and a sequel at the same time kind of. That intrigues me enough that I really want to play them in release order, but that means I'll have something like 80+ hours of misery to go through.

It is a sequel in the sense that several characters are aware that they exist within a remake and comment on it. These individuals will note the changes, critiquing the differences in philosophy and motives for P2. To use the remake's motifs, it could be said that P2 is a "restaging" of the first game. The stage, characters, and actors are the same, but the director and audience are aware that it is a very different beast.

PC90

Enlightened
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Wait! Kind Words was part of the July Humble Monthly?! WTF, I didnt even know about that! No notification or email or something. Looking forward to playing this. owo
it was part of the Trove before it came to Steam, so when it released on Steam they give you a key if you were a subscriber during that month.

I don't think they notify you of that, which they probably should lol

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone here has feeling that Ubisoft released AAA game 2 days ago? These staggered launches really mess things up.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
What determines how many gems you get for converting a card?

I don't know. However, it is never worth it to recycle cards. From the Wiki:

In general, cards are worth 2-20 gems, profile backgrounds 10-100 gems, and emoticons 10-100 gems.

20 gems would be ~ 0.6 cents, and you should be able to directly sell a card for at least 1 cent.

To get gems, the best items are some of the free items (backgrounds or emoticons) obtained during old seasonal events. Caveat: not all of them are recyclable.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
How do I activate achievements pop-ups on PC? If I turn on notifications in W10, all I get are annoying Windows notifications but no Achievement pop-ups. Is there any other way?

Status
Not open for further replies.