• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I use a controller for shooters too. My m/kb game isn't strong enough.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DS4 provides most utility of controllers, Xbox One if you just want something to "just work" on pretty much everything.

Deleted member 13148

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Which controller do you guys use when kb+mouse isn't the best option ? Like playing Forza Horizon 4 (I don't have steering wheel to play on the PC) or Crash Bandicoot
Dualshock 4 or Xbox One ?
Depends on the game for me. I'll try out the Steam controller for a decent number of popular games that have custom mappings, and it usually works well.

For 3D games that don't feel great using the Steam controller, I'll use the Xbox One Elite controller.

For 2D games, I use the SN30 Pro+

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
I use the DS4 for everything.

Including first person shooters
Don't @ me
I use a controller for shooters too. My m/kb game isn't strong enough.
giphy.gif
Well, since I plan to buy a Ps4 in the near future It would be better get a DS4.

Lavatein

Sep 14, 2019
If I have a valid payment method for 2 different countries, and a VPN to let me appear in either one whenever I like, are there any downsides or restrictions for changing store regions frequently?

And relatedly, is there any way to view all products that are NOT available for purchase within a specific region?

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
I play on a TV 95% of the time (outside of crpgs and the like) so use a controller too tho I prefer the grip of the xbone controller and find the ds4 touchpad too small to be useful for anything other than extra buttons. Use the steam controller for fps games a lot tho

Really hope valve release a successor with more premium feeling materials eventually, really love the thing

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Xbox elite controller was my worst gaming purchase, bumper broke within 3 months and had to buy some super specific torx screwdriver to fix it and order new bumper material.

Can't use normal screwdriver bits of course because it's SO PREMIUM

Hope the new model is less of a piece of shit with a big price tag.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Big fan of the Xbox one controller on PC. Going to end up getting the wireless dongle for them

ColdSun

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, i suppose I could just get a new controller as an alternative.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Which controller do you guys use when kb+mouse isn't the best option ? Like playing Forza Horizon 4 (I don't have steering wheel to play on the PC) or Crash Bandicoot

Steam Controller. I just cant move back to my Elite controller. Maybe for FIFA. I'd love a new Steam Controller. A more premium one. With modular pads. I'd pay more than a hundred bucks for it.

ColdSun

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
If you look carefully enough, you can get a bluetooth Xbox One controller bundle with a wifi dongle for Xbox One controllers... For less than the price of a controller.
I'll have to keep an eye out. I hear they support quite a few controllers per dongle too.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I have New X1 Gamepad with BT that i use on my X1S, and TV/Phone for Steam Remote play, I have X1 Elite gamepad that i use on my PC via dongle and i have DS4 that i use only on my PS4. Even though X1 Elite is really "crappy" for the price it is still best gamepad i used.

Premium Ghoul

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Bluetooth Xbox One controller has become my favourite controller of the bunch. The enormous battery life (50+ hours with rechargeable batteries) puts it head and shoulders above the PS4 pad for me.

Also, Gears 5 seems pretty good so far.
1xWhr8m.jpg

vastag

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished playing Yoku's Island Express. I absolutely loved it. The metroidvania pinball gameplay is a lot of fun and the game doesn't overstay its welcome.

Thank you SteveWinwood for the giveaway.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I have two 2080tis and a i9-9900k, but I keep going back to my Xbox 360.

Anyone else?

Oct 25, 2017
Freelancer is an overlooked gem and Microsoft should be shunned and avoided until they release it on GoG or remake it.

Just felt like everybody should know that.

vastag

Oct 26, 2017
I have never played Spyro or Crash. Which of those two should I play first? And which game of the trilogy?

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just had no reason to replace mine yet. Will eventually get an elite I guess.
Hopefully they will last until the new console generation, in case those get further improved controllers. Though I don't feel like controllers have much improved since the dual shock 2, so maybe not. At worst I have a Switch pro controller somewhere.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I have never played Spyro or Crash. Which of those two should I play first? And which game of the trilogy?

I think the first one for both would be best. As for which one to start with, I dunno. Spyro is more of a breezy collectathon while Crash is a platformer.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
W4w9NfN.png

Just gotta share everything with the girlfriend don't ya Emily.

FXyuvJl.jpg

20,000 gold is an insultingly small bounty! So rude.

IFljBBU.png

Anyway, another level down with no kills and no detections. Not sure which body got detected, might have been related to the Mindy Blanchard quest, but still, they didn't connect it with me!

Deleted member 16452

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Big fan of the Xbox one controller on PC. Going to end up getting the wireless dongle for them

Like others have said, the new ones come with bluetooth, and work really well on PC. I bought an additional Xbox One controller just to keep it paired to the PC forever and not mess with my actual Xbox's sync.

Bluetooth Xbox One controller has become my favourite controller of the bunch. The enormous battery life (50+ hours with rechargeable batteries) puts it head and shoulders above the PS4 pad for me.

Also, Gears 5 seems pretty good so far.
1xWhr8m.jpg

Yep, I used to use the DS4 on PC, but after trying an Xbox One controller, I don't think I could go back.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
I actually like the ergonomics of the DS4 better but the XB1 controller's battery life with Eneloops is just too good, and I always have a couple charged up anyway in case the controller does run out of juice.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
I have two 2080tis and a i9-9900k, but I keep going back to my Xbox 360.

Anyone else?

I have Nvidia's prototype 3080Ti on the new NVLink that actually works and a prototype 7GHz 7nm 16 core Intel gaming CPU running the latest pre-release games such as Doom Eternal and Cyberpunk 2077 but really consoles are better. Can't be hassled to turn on the PC and wait for the 2 second startup on my next gen SSDs.

I'd rather just play Call of Duty and Destiny 2 with my friends on PS+ or Xbox Live.

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I actually like the ergonomics of the DS4 better but the XB1 controller's battery life with Eneloops is just too good, and I always have a couple charged up anyway in case the controller does run out of juice.
having a pair of eneloops waiting on the charger to be rotated in is the best thing, fuck charging with a cable

ZSJ

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 21, 2019
Dualshock 4 for the godlike dpad. But I play a good amount of 2D.

You really can't go wrong with either, MS and Sony have really stepped up their controller game.

JLP101

Oct 25, 2017
This months humble bundle seems too good to pass up. All 3 games are in my wishlist so it looks like an automatic buy for me.

deltabreak

Oct 29, 2017
Why do people like the DS4 dpad? It's so mushy. The only good dpad I can remember using is the PSVita's

Eternia

Oct 25, 2017
For the past few years, I pretty much went with my Xbox One controller. However recently I picked up the 8bitdo SN30 Pro Plus instead of trying out a Dualshock 4 and its horrendous battery. I haven't exactly put it through rigorous testing but the appeal of it to me was:
  • improved dpad (over the old non-plus variant and Xbox)
  • x-input or directinput
  • has gyro controls
  • usb-c
  • allows you to use a rechargeable battery pack (included!) or AA batteries
Seems solidly made so far and some of the buttons like the shoulder buttons and flat face buttons feel nicer to push than say Xbox.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm such a creature of habit.

I think I've dusted off my wired 360 pad like 2 or 3 times in the past year, lol.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Xbox elite controller was my worst gaming purchase, bumper broke within 3 months and had to buy some super specific torx screwdriver to fix it and order new bumper material.

Can't use normal screwdriver bits of course because it's SO PREMIUM

Hope the new model is less of a piece of shit with a big price tag.
Get an ifixit set. It has every screw bit you'd ever need for repairing electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.