• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so, Burnout Paradise was a hole in my Burnout fan ID, and now I put a couple hours in it after winning a Ultimate Box from the Giftbot thread.

It fucking rules.
Love how they incorporated the different boosting styles of previous games in different cars so you can choose your favorite. The open world I wasn't sure about? Between the design of the city and the "collectables", the easy drive menu, the real time change and the songs going on forever, it's like having an endorphin drip with infinite supply hooked straight to your heart.

can I uuuuuuh get a Burnout with Guilty Gear OSTs

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Csgo sticker capsules for the major. (berlin 2019)

zeIBNfb.png

Edit: I see. You don't open the capsules. You buy them when they are 1.50€ and sell them when they are 7.50€. So, it is 400% profit in 7 months.

NV8iwjp.png

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Okay, so, Burnout Paradise was a hole in my Burnout fan ID, and now I put a couple hours in it after winning a Ultimate Box from the Giftbot thread.

It fucking rules.
Love how they incorporated the different boosting styles of previous games in different cars so you can choose your favorite. The open world I wasn't sure about? Between the design of the city and the "collectables", the easy drive menu, the real time change and the songs going on forever, it's like having an endorphin drip with infinite supply hooked straight to your heart.

can I uuuuuuh get a Burnout with Guilty Gear OSTs
Custom soundtrack option unavailable on pc?

DuppoloGAF

Oct 28, 2017
I'm playing God of war with Ps now streaming. I have 15 mb and it works better then I think. Try it yourselves for a week!

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I'm playing God of war with Ps now streaming. I have 15 mb and it works better then I think. Try it yourselves for a week!
15 mbps? Do u have a network cable.connected to the device that you are streaming or using ps now from?

I have a wireless network so streaming using that would be pretty janky for me :p
I have gow '18 but remote play hasnt been the best experience due to using wireless connecticity to use the service.

Eraser_Arcade

Oct 25, 2017
I have a confession to make, I've never really played any of the Quake games before (Well except for Quake III, which I did played some back in the day). I had bought the Quake collection on Steam during a past sale, and now I've been in the mood to try out Quake 1. But before I do, I thought about looking into getting some mods for it first. Can anyone here recommend any must have mods for Quake?

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I have a confession to make, I've never really played any of the Quake games before (Well except for Quake III, which I did played some back in the day). I had bought the Quake collection on Steam during a past sale, and now I've been in the mood to try out Quake 1. But before I do, I thought about looking into getting some mods for it first. Can anyone here recommend any must have mods for Quake?
On steam community guides there is one mod on tools to get music back in the game.
If you own the album that has the music the game played during its original release period you may use these tools to inject them back in.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Backing Shenmue III cost me ~57€. I have received a refund of ~54.50€ (after Paypal deducted $3.50). It could have been worse.

I like the fact that, despite Paypal fees, I received more money (in USD) than I originally paid. Good on Ys Net and Epic to cover the Paypal fees.

In the end, what I lost may be due to my bank fees to convert euro to dollar, so I cannot blame Ys Net or Epic for that loss.

Last edited:

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Backing Shenmue III cost me ~57€. I have received a refund of ~54.50€ (after Paypal deducted $3.50). It could have been worse.

I like the fact that, despite Paypal fees, I received more money (in USD) than I originally paid. Good on Ys Net and Epic to cover the Paypal fees.

In the end, what I lost may be due to my bank fees to convert euro to dollar, so I cannot blame Ys Net or Epic for that loss.

Well you can, if they didn't mess with promises you would have game and no money lost :P

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018

I still received nothing. I hope they will refund me before Grandia is out, I'm planning to get that one with my refund.

DuppoloGAF

Oct 28, 2017
[When QUOTE="Tizoc, post: 25102549, member: 1678"]
15 mbps? Do u have a network cable.connected to the device that you are streaming or using ps now from?

I have a wireless network so streaming using that would be pretty janky for me :p
I have gow '18 but remote play hasnt been the best experience due to using wireless connecticity to use the service.
[/QUOTE]
When u try it last? Cause it become better. BTW Implaying with a cable connection on my desktop pc, I didn't try wireless

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
So I completed the first episode of LIS2...does it gets better?
I liked a lot LIS1, found BTS useless and kinda boring, there are some interesting things in the first episode of LIS2 but I found the pacing was terrible.
Also I don't really understand why the game is priced 40€. The production value seems the same of LIS1 to me, the lenght of the episode is also similar, so why the whole thing is double the price of the original is beyond me.

DPB

Nov 1, 2017

If anyone else is thinking of getting this and you already own the other games, make sure you buy directly from Steam and scroll down to the Trine: Ultimate Collection. It's 43% off for owning all three, which is even cheaper than any resellers on isthereanydeal.com.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
XIII is back on GOG.

surprising, given Ubi announced they are remastering it.

Also, Technomancer + Mars: War Logs are also on GOG now. Looks like Focus is rolling out more of its catalogue on the store, which is a good thing.

NuMiQ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
XIII is a pretty unique game, but I played it on console back in the day.
Kind of interested in the remaster, i remember enjoying it quite a bit. Have to admit I have no idea if the game holds up.

The Cellar Letters

lmayo
Oct 25, 2017
I liked a lot LIS1, found BTS useless and kinda boring, there are some interesting things in the first episode of LIS2 but I found the pacing was terrible.
Also I don't really understand why the game is priced 40€. The production value seems the same of LIS1 to me, the lenght of the episode is also similar, so why the whole thing is double the price of the original is beyond me.
It doesn't. At all.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017

It will take them 2x more to finish it than first game XD

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
If anyone else is thinking of getting this and you already own the other games, make sure you buy directly from Steam and scroll down to the Trine: Ultimate Collection. It's 43% off for owning all three, which is even cheaper than any resellers on isthereanydeal.com.
:V :V :V :V
I bought off fanatical for $23ish

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
:V :V :V :V
I bought off fanatical for $23ish
After the three hours I spent on completing Trine 3 just to discover like 2/3 of the game were cut out...nope, I'll wait for a 75% off or a bundle.
Also Minit is up on Epic Store, and the next free game is Surviving Mars. So many free games were already in the Monthly, I feel bummed. Yes the Monthly ones are Steam keys, but it's still baffling to see so many games you just paid for being free like a week later.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
After the three hours I spent on completing Trine 3 just to discover like 2/3 of the game were cut out...nope, I'll wait for a 75% off or a bundle.
Eh I have a bad habit of blind buying sometimes, but I like frozenbyte's output for the most part so I am willing to give them benefit of the doubt on this game ;p

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

It gets better til Episode 3, which I really enjoyed. But Ep4 was really underwhelming after that. I hope they manage to make a good finale. The potential is there.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
Steam Economy Enhancer isn't showing up on Steampowered for me anymore. When I click on the github link to install it, it takes me to a page full of code. I don't remember having that happen in the past. Can anyone direct me to fix this?

DPB

Nov 1, 2017

I can understand, I was hesitant after Trine 3, but this is supposed to be the longest game in the series and that discount is pretty hefty.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Sayonara Wild Hearts got me thinking about Thumper again. Has there been any news of what Drool has been up to? Are they making another game or was it just kind of a one and done project for them?

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
lFDLxcE.png

I should bind quick save/quick load to lmb/rmb. To be fair I did this mission twice, as someone somehow detected a body in my first play through, grrh.

k3D8TVH.png

Here's me telling the Traveller, I mean Outsider, exactly where to go!

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
So I bought the XG258Q earlier in the week. Ended up returning it. I thought something was wrong with the display because the colors were off compared to my laptop next to it. But apparently 240hz monitors suffer from worse colors. I can live without the 240hz, but the colors really have to be good. Put in an order for a VG279Q, considering that is an IPS panel I assume that will come closer to my needs.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Whats with the biggish leap in regional pricing from WWE 2K19 to 2K20?

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Third day in a row 220K Destiny 2 concurrent players.

Is that a lot? Guessing we don't have console peak concurrent user data.

How does it compare to other PC games peak concurrent user data?

Like obviously back in the day WOW was pretty high I assume.

Just curious why people are obsessing over the number since it seems ok but not amazing.

The more interesting story will definitely be how sticky it is. Definitely thinking about moving my PS4 characters over.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Is that a lot? Guessing we don't have console peak concurrent user data.

Like obviously back in the day WOW was pretty high I assume.

Just curious why people are obsessing over the number since it seems ok but not amazing.

The more interesting story will definitely be how sticky it is. Definitely thinking about moving my PS4 characters over.

Eh it depends how you look at it. It is older title but now F2P with tons of content. It didn't light charts on fire (for example Fallout 4 reached over 400K at peak) for MP/CoOp game. But I would say that it's doing ok. It is possible that game will peak during the weekend but don't expect something drastic.

I personally expected this kind of performance that is why I voter 200K-400K in that other thread. And I believe that game will have legs.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
It is the #3 most played game on Steam currently, and #5 for the last day; it is in the Top 20 all-time highest concurrent players.

It's amazing for a PC game. We pay attention to the number because it's one of the few solid metrics we have (we don't have access to sales or many other numbers).

Like, I can say that GreedFall had a peak of over 16K (holy shit), while the Surge II had a peak of just over 3.5K (nuclear bomba). That lets us judge the relative strength of a game's launch using factual data.

Last edited:

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys... This is a bit of a weird question and I really doubt that it is possible to do but hey, I might as well ask!

So I have a dual monitor setup at home. My main monitor is running in 1440p and my second monitor is running in 1080p.

I obviously run my games in 1440p on the main monitor. With some especially demanding games however, I would sometime like to be able to run them in 1080p. The problem tho is that whenever I run a full screen app in 1080p on my main monitor, it also screws up the resolution and all the windows placement on my second monitor. This is super annoying to have to fix everytime I'm done playing the game.

So, other than actually running the game in a window (which would suck since it's smaller than my monitor's actualy resolution), is there a way to make Windows run an app in a different resolution on one screen without screwing up everything else in Windows?

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Hey guys... This is a bit of a weird question and I really doubt that it is possible to do but hey, I might as well ask!

So I have a dual monitor setup at home. My main monitor is running in 1440p and my second monitor is running in 1080p.

I obviously run my games in 1440p on the main monitor. With some especially demanding games however, I would sometime like to be able to run them in 1080p. The problem tho is that whenever I run a full screen app in 1080p on my main monitor, it also screws up the resolution and all the windows placement on my second monitor. This is super annoying to have to fix everytime I'm done playing the game.

So, other than actually running the game in a window (which would suck since it's smaller than my monitor's actualy resolution), is there a way to make Windows run an app in a different resolution on one screen without screwing up everything else in Windows?
You could try using Borderless Gaming and set up a fullscreen borderless window.

In what way is the second screen affected by the way? It's a long shot, but have you tried disabling fullscreen optimization for that specific .exe?

Status
Not open for further replies.