• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
There is an Humble Rhaknar bundle.

Half-serious. Unrelated to French though, there's some money to be made with timelimited lootboxes.

I really did gamble some of my trading cards in hopes of free index kit sometime next year.

You mean real gambling, as in hoping to get a foil card, crafting the right profile background, getting the right loot?
Like the Hitler emoji?
JaLg7Rv.png
Or the Trump emoji?
8oCS0I7.png
Or the heart emoji?
YY9IOBU.png
My limited experience was quite bad. Maybe I over-estimated the odds.

Or something more grounded, for which you have reasonable chances of success? Unless one owns a level-up bot*, for which there is a personal cut whenever people exchange cards, gems, keys etc., and for which there is not the 15% market fee, gathering $1,000 in a year sounds unrealistic to me.

* Or a bot network to farm cards during seasonal events.

Last edited:

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what makes developers choose which curators will receive review keys?
I was looking at curator reviews for Disco Elysium and found these baffling choices:
- Curator called BUT IS IT GOTY? : "Not GOTY. Life is short. Don't play any games before you've played the best games" (every review has that exact same quote.wtf!?)
- Curator called CULTURE.VG : "100% cutting-edge hardcore gaming, because "indie" games are garbage." Most of their reviews basically amount to saying that phrase.
There were 4 other curators that didn't show in my page due to them being on my ignored list, so I can only imagine what sort of bullcrap was written by those.

Mad

Oct 25, 2017
I was looking at curator reviews for Disco Elysium and found these baffling choices:
- Curator called BUT IS IT GOTY? : "Not GOTY. Life is short. Don't play any games before you've played the best games" (every review has that exact same quote.wtf!?)
- Curator called CULTURE.VG : "100% cutting-edge hardcore gaming, because "indie" games are garbage." Most of their reviews basically amount to saying that phrase.
There were 4 other curators that didn't show in my page due to them being on my ignored list, so I can only imagine what sort of bullcrap was written by those.
You can make a review for any game on steam as a curator regardless of having played it though or owning it

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. In the hub, go to the pilot NPC (Amanda?) in the hangar and you can obtain them.
That's really weird cause the first thing I went to when I came to the tower was the blue dude who tells you to do a "strike".
So I was like "okay, whatever that is" and suddenly was in a multiplayer thing were people sped away on motorbikes, I had no idea how my abilities work or how I activate them (I haven't played Destiny 2 since it came out) and it was really confusing and probably very annoying for the people in my group

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
But even for unreleased games? I thought reviews for those were only from actual review/preview copies.
Curators dont work like reviews, you dont need to own the game to create it. You can also do it for unreleased games with basic info (some of the curators I follow for Strategy and 4x do that).

TrishaCat

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Curators aren't necessarily about reviewing or recommending; sometimes its just informing. So if you exist as a curator and wanna inform of a game in a particular genre for example ,you can do that even if its not out cause you know everything you need to to mention it.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France

Developpers send games to curators because of the high number of their followers. That is why maintaining one of these low-effort curator pages is genius.

I maintain a curator page with close to 1k followers, from which I link to actual reviews on another website.
Well, despite making the purpose of the curator very clear (I do not review games), I still get review requests, which I have to refuse.
I wish I had one of these stupid curator pages, so that I could actually accept review requests in a blink, and get a free +1.

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
Developpers send games to curators because of the high number of their followers. That is why maintaining one of these low-effort curator pages is genius.

I maintain a curator page with close to 1k followers, from which I link to actual reviews on another website.
Well, despite making the purpose of the curator very clear (I do not review games), I still get review requests, which I have to refuse.
I wish I had one of these stupid curator pages, so that I could actually accept review requests in a blink, and get a free +1.
I wish you actually wrote those reviews, I've often enjoyed your in depth posts here ;)

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
If you had to do just one playthrough of Dishonored 2, would Corvo be the best option if going for the "good" ending?

Emily looks fun but all her fun powers seem about killing.

grosvenor92

Dec 2, 2017
Really looking forward to The Outer Worlds and glad its apart of game pass.

Modern Warfare looks interesting so if its a return to COD 4 quality I may check it out in the future

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just kill (or hurt) people in Dishonored. Life is too short to play a game like that worrying about ghost status. Play to the game's strenghts.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
Oh so just added the ability for devs to state on their Steam page if the game is ideal to play via Steam Link on your phone,tablet or TV?

Or am I missing something?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Code Vein's intro is goofy. It is incredibly tutorial heavy and information overload, and wants to teach you a ton of mechanics quickly, but pairs you with an AI partner that murders the fuck out of everything before you can even practice what the game is trying to teach.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
stevewinwood's can i play destiny 2 watch: day 2

still cant play destiny 2

Block everyone.

There is an Humble Rhaknar bundle.

You mean real gambling, as in hoping to get a foil card, crafting the right profile background, getting the right loot?
Like the Hitler emoji?
JaLg7Rv.png
Or the Trump emoji?
8oCS0I7.png
Or the heart emoji?
YY9IOBU.png
My limited experience was quite bad. Maybe I over-estimated the odds.

Or something more grounded, for which you have reasonable chances of success? Unless one owns a level-up bot*, for which there is a personal cut whenever people exchange cards, gems, keys etc., and for which there is not the 15% market fee, gathering $1,000 in a year sounds unrealistic to me.

* Or a bot network to farm cards during seasonal events.

Csgo sticker capsules for the major. (berlin 2019) you can probably do math with one of previous majors.

Card farming is useless now days because Valve changed how events work. Besides accounts cost to much before you can trade, so unless you had 1000's of accounts before, and some source for games.

Cards are good for initial "investment " though, you'd not want to spend much real money on loot boxes.

I'd imagine this is the best or at least easiest way to make but of profit, with just some patience(time) needed instead of bot networks and such. Until valve or some one else kill this.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Hey Uzzy I completed the monthly challenge! It was a fun one! also finally got the Shadow achieve at same time
jpMXwkv.png

And added!

As for me

2Ah8ixd.png

Here we go again. I've upped the difficulty to as hard as possible, and removed all hud notifications (except for interactables). So this'll be fun.

Probably not as fun as time spent with a hookah and Emily's 'friend', but you know.

UNv39IV.png

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a date for Dishonored 2 on PC Game Pass? It's already there in the search, but going to the page makes it error out.

Status
Not open for further replies.