• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
A friend is coming to my home to play some games tonight

What games with local co-op/mp do you guys recommend? could be anything. I would really appreciate your suggestions
I pretty much +1 with every other recommendation here.

Local co-op games can be found within your existing library (at least on Steam) by clicking advanced search filtering, then searching for the store tag: "Local Co-op". This will find any game that has the tag applied for local co-op if it was tagged correctly.

Qm1rf3b.png

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm a pc person, but strategy games are uncharted territory for me for the most part , lol. I just don't like micro managing and stuff and I usually need my narrative and gamepad support haha.

The few rts I really liked back in the day were company of heroes campaign, warcraft 3, heroes of might and magic games and starcaft 2.
Oh and stronghold

No one recommended A Way Out for local co-op? smh

Update on my PoP 2008 journey:
Was able to destroy the enemy spawn point six times in a row, yesterday. For a sec there, I felt like a real gamer. 😎
On the other hand I'm very grateful for the very fair checkpoints for the platforming. And while I don't want to blame the camera alone for my high deathcounter, it isn't helping me much either, at times.
It surprised me a bit how many light orbs I'm already forced to collect. I thought, most of them would be there for your own fun and maybe unlockables. But it feels like I'm already backtracking like crazy. Granted, I enjoy the hunt and wanted to go for 100% anyway, yet it feels a bit tedious, since I'll have to go back and forth much more often, than I thought before.
The combat is still my least favourite thing. Whatever I try, it seems to never really work right, and I hate the button mashing events so hard. I think, the hunter is the worst boss so far, since you always need him in a specific spot. Seems also a tiny bit lame to me, you have this 4 reappearing bosses the whole time.
And just yesterday, by pure accident, I discovered fast travel! Completely overlooked that before. But I have to say, I don't really like to use it. The way it works is so loveless and immersion breaking. I only want to use it rarely, since traversing through the areas by foot seems like part of the experience.
Elika and the prince are still the biggest selling point for me, I continue to love them and their conversations.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
So I made a list of all the games I want to tackle the rest of the year. I have three weeks of holidays coming up. One of these games in Graveyard Keeper and I currently diving back into it. And holy shit, this game is so complex with so many mechanics and my character walks soooo slooooowly. Fuck. But it's also a charming, fun and relaxing game.

It's also on sale on Steam (with two addons) for anybody who is looking for a more complex Stardew Valley with less farming and more crafting.

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
So I made a list of all the games I want to tackle the rest of the year. I have three weeks of holidays coming up. One of these games in Graveyard Keeper and I currently diving back into it. And holy shit, this game is so complex with so many mechanics and my character walks soooo slooooowly. Fuck. But it's also a charming, fun and relaxing game.

It's also on sale on Steam (with two addons) for anybody who is looking for a more complex Stardew Valley with less farming and more crafting.

Is the game disturbing? It's been sitting for months in my library after getting it from HB since I don't really want to play a game that evokes dreadful feeling lol

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
So, I looked at Wreckfest, per an opinion here, and it isn't my thing. Too much Destruction Derby lol

So I will continue to search for a quick Arcade racer with online pvp.

Also looked at the "new" NFS Heat, but I don't want an open world racing game, and the NFS 2015 has this weird bug that doens't let me play with a controller lol

Any more recommendations? Is NFS: HP Remastared worth it?

louris

Oct 27, 2017
Guys sorry for off-topic, but I've been searching for that thread with the random PC questions and I can't seem to find it on search at all, can sb point me to it please?

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Guys sorry for off-topic, but I've been searching for that thread with the random PC questions and I can't seem to find it on search at all, can sb point me to it please?

Just a heads up, the search on this site is terrible. If you literally google "resetera X" you will find what you are looking for. I do it all the time.

www.resetera.com

PC questions that don't really deserve their own thread. PC

Putting fix I found here in case anyone else has the same issue: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-rom-drives-missing-from-device-manager-list/6789cd4d-18c2-4066-b338-20e085477bfb At least, that's the fix for the drive issue. I have a feeling the audio issue may be...

louris

Oct 27, 2017
Just a heads up, the search on this site is terrible. If you literally google "resetera X" you will find what you are looking for. I do it all the time.

www.resetera.com

PC questions that don't really deserve their own thread. PC

Putting fix I found here in case anyone else has the same issue: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-rom-drives-missing-from-device-manager-list/6789cd4d-18c2-4066-b338-20e085477bfb At least, that's the fix for the drive issue. I have a feeling the audio issue may be...

Thanks a lot, hadn't thought of that. I literally searched "PC questions thread" in titles only, and it wasn't in the first 3 pages of results, or maybe my eyes missed it. Thanks again!

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Is the game disturbing? It's been sitting for months in my library after getting it from HB since I don't really want to play a game that evokes dreadful feeling lol
It's not disturbing, but it's morbid with lots of dark humour. You salvage corpses and craft stuff out of their parts. You can even resurrect them as zombies and let them gather resources for you. But it's all presented in a very lighthearted way with colourful graphics, witty characters and a mysterious game world with some good back stories. I'd say the atmosphere is somewhere between Stardew Valley, Animal Crossing and Planescape Torment if that makes any sense to you, lol.
So, I looked at Wreckfest, per an opinion here, and it isn't my thing. Too much Destruction Derby lol

So I will continue to search for a quick Arcade racer with online pvp.

Also looked at the "new" NFS Heat, but I don't want an open world racing game, and the NFS 2015 has this weird bug that doens't let me play with a controller lol

Any more recommendations? Is NFS: HP Remastared worth it?
Burnout Revenge (linear tracks) or Burnout Paradise (open world) are still the best, but I don't know how active their online community is.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
It's not disturbing, but it's morbid with lots of dark humour. You salvage corpses and craft stuff out of their parts. You can even resurrect them as zombies and let them gather resources for you. But it's all presented in a very lighthearted way with colourful graphics, witty characters and a mysterious game world with some good back stories. I'd say the atmosphere is somewhere between Stardew Valley, Animal Crossing and Planescape Torment if that makes any sense to you, lol.
Burnout Revenge (linear tracks) or Burnout Paradise (open world) are still the best, but I don't know how active their online community is.

Any opinion on the NFS: Hot Pursuit Remastered?

vastag

Oct 26, 2017
I'm really tempted to get Anno 1800 with the two expansion passes, is currently a 70% off at gamesbillet. Anyone has played it?

Oct 28, 2019
I'm really tempted to get Anno 1800 with the two expansion passes, is currently a 70% off at gamesbillet. Anyone has played it?

Best in the series in my opinion. A true return to form as it's essentially an improved and updated 1404. Chock full of content too with the passes. Think the game has been very successful for the developers as they recently announced an unexpected Year 3 pass.

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
Honestly, I don't really get it as I've never played Planescape Torment lol
But I'll take a look at it during the holiday.
Cheers!

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, up until the Artic Expansion. I already have Season Pass 2 but didn't play that yet. While I found the Arctic DLC a but too stressful/challenging, it's still the best Anno ever made. More than worth it. Hundreds of hours of content with great production value.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
I also noticed that the Silver Pinnacle was added to the map in Total Warhammer 2. As in Queen Neferata's lair. As in the first fucking vampire and Queen of the Lahmians.

So that'll be fun when she gets added into the game.

Jedi79

Oct 27, 2017
HELP! I'm stuck in a monitor limbo.. currently I'm debating on to get a decent monitor ( LG ultragear) for like $400 or just get a cheap foldable desk and use my lg c9 for pc gaming.. if I go desk route it would take some living room rearranging every time I wanted to game.. any suggestions.

TheAquaticApe

Oct 25, 2017
Got my 3090 FE all up and running. Performance has been great, but now I'm getting a "coil whine" while playing games. I did some Googling and others have reported it as well at high FPS while gaming. I'm hearing the noise in menus and in games but I'm not pulling super high FPS. Some folks also suggested a break in period? I've had the card for less than a week.

Anyone else with a 3090 FE exercising similar issues? I'm debating if I should attempt an RMA. Even with the case closed it's noticeable.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Sucks that the AssCreed 2 PC port was never tweaked to look or perform better. Mods available don't do enough to improve it, specially for shadow draw distance

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Sucks that the AssCreed 2 PC port was never tweaked to look or perform better. Mods available don't do enough to improve it, specially for shadow draw distance

Yeah, I'd like to replay the Ezio trilogy in an AssCreed gap year, but the busted LoD system in 2 is just too off-putting. When Ubi began work on Chinese translations a few years ago, I was hoping the issue would finally be patched, but alas, no such luck.

Similarly, I've never played Firewatch because the LoD transition distance for dynamic shadows is distractingly low:

Last edited:

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
After seeing that Cyyberpunk 2077 has 895,996 followers on Steam i have feeling that game will reach 1M sold copies on day 1 XD And honestly that game could be the first Singleplayer game to break 1M concurrent players

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
After seeing that Cyyberpunk 2077 has 895,996 followers on Steam i have feeling that game will reach 1M sold copies on day 1 XD And honestly that game could be the first Singleplayer game to break 1M concurrent players
The game has been sitting at the #1 top sellers for a few weeks now, im pretty sure ill sell way more than 1 mill copies day one.

romey

Mar 2, 2020
After a few years of some games not performing the way they should. It dawned on me that my overclock might be unstable. Surprise, surprise, once I turned it off the games started to run better. Live and learn.

vitormg

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
I'm actually having a blast playing AC: Odyssey. 4k 60 is glorious, the game is so colourful!

Even though I finished Origins only a couple of months ago, I think I'm in for another big ride.

ultimate_sigh

Sep 29, 2019

Would we really see that considering it'll be split across three store fronts. it'll be interesting for sure.

Oct 28, 2019
Highest single-player game on Steam is Terraria with 489,886. Highest AAA title is Fallout 4 with 472,962.

I'll place down a bet on 650k concurrent players.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else getting shit download speeds from steam?
I've chencked and I am getting my line's full speed, so no idea why this is happening.

Deleted member 1105

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spelunky 2 is so fun but so damn hard. This isn't a new discovery, but I just picked it back up again and I can't make it past world 1.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Anyone liked Ghost Runner, bit wanted it to be less cyberpunk?

Aefen Fall got you covered.

Looks like Ghost Runner, but diesel-punk and without the katana.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
EDIT: CLAIMED.

Who wants a free game from here? It's a buy 3 deal but I only want Gemcraft Chasing Shadows, and this price is as cheap as it's been on Steam for over two years.

Two people can pick one other game each.

Fanatical

Last edited:

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Who wants a free game from here? It's a buy 3 deal but I only want Gemcraft Chasing Shadows, and this price is as cheap as it's been on Steam for over two years.

Two people can pick one other game each.

Fanatical

That's very generous. I'd recommend Warhammer Quest as a fun sort of bare bones dungeon crawler.

100% Orange Juice is pretty popular too.

Status
Not open for further replies.