• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phrost

Dec 8, 2018
Finally ready for that Cyberpunk! :D

WoWB0IX.jpg

8wx0Q7b.jpg

rHweL2F.jpg
I also have a Tomahawk and 5800x coming in the mail, upgrading from a Gaming Pro Carbon x370 and 1600x. I prefer to do automatic OC instead of messing around with it too much, do you know if the Game Boost/XMP automatic OC on the Tomahawk are any good? I have some 4x8gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 c16 RAM sitting in a drawer.

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone been able to buy from Allyouplay? I've been trying for 3 days but the cart doesn't work for me, I can't add stuff to it.

Edit: nvm, apparently the website didn't send me a prompt for the cookies, I logged out and in and now it works.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
What is the word around this town on Othercide?

I really enjoyed what I played of it. It's got a wonderful aesthetic going on, which instantly got my interest in it, and the gameplay is tactically brutal but strategically forgiving, which is an interesting way to do a roguelite. You get precise information on what the enemy AI will do, provided you check the codex and read it, and it's completely reliable, so you can plan out your moves knowing exactly what the enemy is going to do. But take a few hits on your Daughters and they go down fast, and of course you can only heal by sacrificing another one of your Daughters on an equal or higher level.

Then during each run you collect points that allow you to buy 'Remembrances', basically global buffs for your next run, which can massively power up your Daughters, allowing you to skip ages, respawn powerful ones, or do more damage etc. I found it quite easy to max these out, so basically a run would take me to the end boss of an age, I'd die, but then the next run I'd have buffed up Daughters and knowledge on exactly what the end boss would do... making it far easier next time round.

TheDutchSlayer

Did you find it? Cuez I didn't!
Oct 26, 2017
The Hauge, The Netherlands
I also have a Tomahawk and 5800x coming in the mail, upgrading from a Gaming Pro Carbon x370 and 1600x. I prefer to do automatic OC instead of messing around with it too much, do you know if the Game Boost/XMP automatic OC on the Tomahawk are any good? I have some 4x8gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 c16 RAM sitting in a drawer.
I'm not much of an OC'er I by the time I want to do that I'll search for a guide on it sorry :(

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
AC Odyssey is fun. I'm not a huge fan of the switch in styles from the old ones to the new ones but these games are beautiful. Easy to just run around looking at landmarks.

kafiend

Oct 25, 2017
Might be different for what you have, but my 550 board supports XMP only with 2 sticks of ram not 4.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
AC Odyssey is fun. I'm not a huge fan of the switch in styles from the old ones to the new ones but these games are beautiful. Easy to just run around looking at landmarks.
You may be interested in the Discovery Tour. I haven't done the tour in Odyssey, just the one in Origin. It was very interesting. It walks you through the landmarks and buildings etc. in the game, while telling you historical facts.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Question: do you guys usually run your games in (exclusive) full screen or borderless window?
Depends on the game for me, as some games run better/worse depending on which mode. I generally prefer to play in borderless since I have a second screen with Discord and a my browser open it at all times, but if I'm playing something competitive where exclusive fullscreen will improve performance, I'll go with that.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Question: do you guys usually run your games in (exclusive) full screen or borderless window?
For the longest time I played in fullscreen mode. Since it's been ingrained in me since dx9 days that only fullscreen mode has no performance loss in games. Recently I found out that dx12 games don't have performance loss in borderless either and I have been playing like that ever since. The biggest difference how much more responsive and smoother it feels in borderless compared to fullscreen, idk why.

theSoularian

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on the game for me, as some games run better/worse depending on which mode. I generally prefer to play in borderless since I have a second screen with Discord and a my browser open it at all times, but if I'm playing something competitive where exclusive fullscreen will improve performance, I'll go with that.
I always go for borderless fullscreen. I don't want to risk the game getting fucked when I have to look something up etc. (This is probably a bigger problem with older games though).
For the longest time I played in fullscreen mode. Since it's been ingrained in me since dx9 days that only fullscreen mode has no performance loss in games. Recently I found out that dx12 games don't have performance loss in borderless either and I have been playing like that ever since. The biggest difference how much more responsive and smoother it feels in borderless compared to fullscreen, idk why.

I need test this setting with some games. I've always been playing exclusive full screen, but since I have multiple displays hooked up now, I don't want games getting locked to one display.

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I need test this setting with some games. I've always been playing exclusive full screen, but since I have multiple displays hooked up now, I don't want games getting locked to one display.
Yeah, that sounds smart. I'd recommend Borderless Gaming, either on Steam for 4 bucks or free on Github. Works with most games that doesn't have an option for borderless fullscreen but has a windowed mode.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
OMG In the Valley of Gods (from Valve / Montesanto) has an internal release date inside Steam!!!!!

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Was up to 5 in the morning trying to make progress in an Age of Empires II DE custom scenario.

Koreans are a tough civ to play. My respect for people who play them competitively continues to grow.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
So, what good racing games with online MP and an active population is there?

Looking for something like Mario Kart 8 (doesn't need to be a Kart game) where I boot the game, and 3 menus later I'm in a lobby choosing a circuit and boosting away.

Something easy to drop in and off.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
What is the best open world Arcade Racer? I only have Burnout Paradise (not remastered), but now we have all the EA games on Steam. I am most interested in the open world driving/ exploring parts and variety of events and less about just plain races. Do any of the NFS games fit this profile? and if not is the remastered version of Paradise decent enough? I mean its only $6 but I have the original.

Untogether

Oct 29, 2017

Looking for something like Mario Kart 8 (doesn't need to be a Kart game) where I boot the game, and 3 menus later I'm in a lobby choosing a circuit and boosting away.

Wreckfest isn't a kart game but it's one hell of an arcade racer. If you ever played Destruction Derby on PS1 then this is the spiritual successor umpteen years later. It's banger racing and destruction derbys and crazy figure of 8 tracks where a major accident is only ever about 4 seconds away. The cars feel nice and loose in the handling and nudging an opponent into an immovable object has never felt as nice. If you want to race a combine harvester or a school bus around an oval track, this is for you!

I just booted it up (it's 8pm in Europe right now) and found 10-15 servers either full (24 players) or just off full ready to join.

50% off right now too, and it even has a decent offline career mode.

Untogether

Oct 29, 2017
What is the best open world Arcade Racer? I only have Burnout Paradise (not remastered), but now we have all the EA games on Steam. I am most interested in the open world driving/ exploring parts and variety of events and less about just plain races. Do any of the NFS games fit this profile? and if not is the remastered version of Paradise decent enough? I mean its only $6 but I have the original.

Forza Horizon 4? On PC gamepass if that's an option.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017

Another vote for Forza Horizon 4!

Wreckfest isn't a kart game but it's one hell of an arcade racer. If you ever played Destruction Derby on PS1 then this is the spiritual successor umpteen years later. It's banger racing and destruction derbys and crazy figure of 8 tracks where a major accident is only ever about 4 seconds away. The cars feel nice and loose in the handling and nudging an opponent into an immovable object has never felt as nice. If you want to race a combine harvester or a school bus around an oval track, this is for you!

I just booted it up (it's 8pm in Europe right now) and found 10-15 servers either full (24 players) or just off full ready to join.

50% off right now too, and it even has a decent offline career mode.

Thanks! Will check it out!

Oct 28, 2019

This would fit the bill imo, there is no traditional progression with earning money and such - all cars are hidden on the map and you simply have to find them to be able to drive them. There are a lot of billboards to smash like in Burnout Paradise. The environment isn't that interesting though and the races are standard fare - even though they have nice cutscenes as intro's where the devs came up with the weirdest shit. Helps that it is dirt cheap at the moment, even if it's not what you're looking for you'll enjoy yourself for an evening at least lol.

The last best Need for Speed.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

This would fit the bill imo, there is no traditional progression with earning money and such - all cars are hidden on the map and you simply have to find them to be able to drive them. There are a lot of billboards to smash like in Burnout Paradise. The environment isn't that interesting though and the races are standard fare - even though they have nice cutscenes as intro's where the devs came up with the weirdest shit. Helps that it is dirt cheap at the moment, even if it's not what you're looking for you'll enjoy yourself for an evening at least lol.

$2.50, may as well! thanks. Even if it doesnt fit the bill its the price of a coffee :)

6 gifts from Delusibeta

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 6 gifts from Delusibeta Delusibeta!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Delusibeta said:
It's Arbitrary Dumping Spare Humble Keys Saturday, everyone!

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Gang Beasts - Won by d-rek d-rek (25 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Kerbal Space Program - Won by slashf slashf (25 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Broken Age - Won by Sought After Sought After (7 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Spelunky 1 - Won by gmanvg (18 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Planet Coaster - Won by deltabreak deltabreak (27 entries)
  • Steam Steam: They Bleed Pixels - Won by MikePT MikePT (12 entries)

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017

Whoa, looking at steamcharts the game had an average of less than 200 consecutive players, suddenly in the past days it jumped to 1700?? wtf lol

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
I've heard NFS Heat is pretty ok right? Like the best out of the recent generation of those racers? It looks pretty fine from the videos I've watched.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Okay since I have Steam money I never use as I never bought some EA games to support their move to steam! I bought Paradise remastered, NFS most wanted and Mirror's Edge Catalyst all for $16 Canadian Steam Bucks. not bad.

Edit. Why do they make me install Origins in 2020? I played Paradise last night and they didnt make me use Origin (although the MP was disconnected) boo EA!

Last edited:

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Okay since I have Steam money I never use as I never bought some EA games to support their move to steam! I bought Paradise remastered, NFS most wanted and Mirror's Edge Catalyst all for $16 Canadian Steam Bucks. not bad.

Edit. Why do they make me install Origins in 2020? I played Paradise last night and they didnt make me use Origin (although the MP was disconnected) boo EA!
EA didn't update their old games so you still need to install Origin. The newer games just require you to have an Origin account.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
I really enjoyed what I played of it. It's got a wonderful aesthetic going on, which instantly got my interest in it, and the gameplay is tactically brutal but strategically forgiving, which is an interesting way to do a roguelite. You get precise information on what the enemy AI will do, provided you check the codex and read it, and it's completely reliable, so you can plan out your moves knowing exactly what the enemy is going to do. But take a few hits on your Daughters and they go down fast, and of course you can only heal by sacrificing another one of your Daughters on an equal or higher level.

Then during each run you collect points that allow you to buy 'Remembrances', basically global buffs for your next run, which can massively power up your Daughters, allowing you to skip ages, respawn powerful ones, or do more damage etc. I found it quite easy to max these out, so basically a run would take me to the end boss of an age, I'd die, but then the next run I'd have buffed up Daughters and knowledge on exactly what the end boss would do... making it far easier next time round.
Thanks for the impressions. I'm very intrigued.

Awesome, thanks.

Listening now.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
A friend is coming to my home to play some games tonight

What games with local co-op/mp do you guys recommend? could be anything. I would really appreciate your suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.