• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaApple

Jun 20, 2020
India
I waited for this sale for Anno 1800 and it isn't even on Steam lol. Only on Ubisoft shitty launcher.
Urgh.
It's on a good price on GMG, but man, fuck Ubisoft shitty launcher.
Get it, it is one of the best management strategy games in recent year. I'm shocked this game got made under modern Ubisoft management.
Though it was marred by baffling business decisions by Ubisoft/EGS.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Man Steam is one buggy piece of software. My controller disconnected and Steam crashed twice in the last hour while playing Death Stranding.
IIRC this is an issue specifically with Death Stranding. Was the controller vibrating when it crashed? Try disabling steam input and vibration in the game settings, you should also get a huge FPS boost.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Waiting GPU to arrive from US to my God forgotten country via USPS is more nerv wrecking than being in this damn pandemic XD

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Already done with the sale:

Unbenannt.jpg

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Unironically voted for "Spelunky 2" as my sit back and relax, zen, smooth, chill game. Don't expect it to win that tho lol

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
So, Epic has their sale on too, but no freebie coupon? Wanted to get Phantom Brigade early access for a discount, but I guess I'd have to buy something to get a coupon that way, which means I would not really be saving money. Any good epic exclusive for like 10ish that'd get me a coupon?

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
So, Epic has their sale on too, but no freebie coupon? Wanted to get Phantom Brigade early access for a discount, but I guess I'd have to buy something to get a coupon that way, which means I would not really be saving money. Any good epic exclusive for like 10ish that'd get me a coupon?

Are you sure the coupon is still a thing? I don't see it advertised anywhere 🤷

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
There is no coupon.

Its likely because if they give a coupon now it'll be useable on Cyberpunk in a few weeks because Epic doesnt have a way to exclude individual titles other than completely removing them from the store. CDPR removed Cyberpunk from EGS and changed TW3's pricing by 1 cent to avoid coupon usage and they'd probably do it again if Epic gave another coupon. Epic is definitely not gonna risk having the biggest game of the year pulled from their store.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I just started Trine 4. Good familiar stuff so far. I've always loved the art in these games. Looks so good in ultrawide too. I finally bought the Glass Masquerade games and most of the dlc too. May get Jedi Final Order also.

Trine_4_screenshot_06.jpg

Trine_4_screenshot_16.jpg

store.steampowered.com

Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince on Steam

The best-selling Trine series returns to the magic of 2.5D! Join three iconic heroes as they set off on a quest through fantastical fairytale landscapes to save the world from the Nightmare Prince’s shadows.

store.steampowered.com

Glass Masquerade on Steam

Welcome to Glass Masquerade - an artistic puzzle game inspired by Art Deco & stained glass artisans of the 20th century. You need to combine hidden glass pieces to unveil clocks and themes exhibited by various cultures of the world at the 'International Times Exhibition' - an interactive...

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
Bought GTA V since I haven't played it since the 360 days and now I'm mad again we never got even story DLC.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
hoping for good things from the CDKeys Black Friday sale tomorrow

has anybody seen a good deal on a controller? my Logitech F310 has worked well enough over the past couple years, but the sticks are wearing out

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I just started Trine 4. Good familiar stuff so far. I've always loved the art in these games. Looks so good in ultrawide too. I finally bought the Glass Masquerade games and most of the dlc too. May get Jedi Final Order also.

Trine_4_screenshot_06.jpg

Trine_4_screenshot_16.jpg

store.steampowered.com

Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince on Steam

The best-selling Trine series returns to the magic of 2.5D! Join three iconic heroes as they set off on a quest through fantastical fairytale landscapes to save the world from the Nightmare Prince’s shadows.

store.steampowered.com

Glass Masquerade on Steam

Welcome to Glass Masquerade - an artistic puzzle game inspired by Art Deco & stained glass artisans of the 20th century. You need to combine hidden glass pieces to unveil clocks and themes exhibited by various cultures of the world at the 'International Times Exhibition' - an interactive...
Trine 4 is great, glad you're enjoying it :)

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
But who's gonna make it, since Spiders isn't with Focus anymore?
I would assume Spiders is still involved (they retweet all the big messages and still interact about the game).

That said, I don't know how Focus handled IP ownership, so who can say. I hope they're doing it, at the same time as I don't expect anything too substantial.

But 1 million copies (they actually passed that in August) is huge for a company like Spiders. IIRC, success for the Technomancer was selling something like 20K copies at launch.

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate that, are you enjoy it?
Yeah. There's a notable change in tone and scale, but it makes sense and works. Overall, that's a great way of putting TitS: it works. Nothing the games have done so far is mind blowing in terms of story or characterization, but the execution, the pacing, the slow evolution, the interchangeable emotional beats, the character dynamics being satisfyingly predictable and not boring or tired predictable... it's a very special and comfy journey.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I would assume Spiders is still involved (they retweet all the big messages and still interact about the game).

That said, I don't know how Focus handled IP ownership, so who can say. I hope they're doing it, at the same time as I don't expect anything too substantial.

But 1 million copies (they actually passed that in August) is huge for a company like Spiders. IIRC, success for the Technomancer was selling something like 20K copies at launch.
A press release quote from a thread dedicated to the news suggest that Nacon got the GreedFall IP. Focus will publish this upcoming DLC (being done by Spiders), but I'm guessing any sequels will be Nacon's property.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
A press release quote from a thread dedicated to the news suggest that Nacon got the GreedFall IP. Focus will publish this upcoming DLC (being done by Spiders), but I'm guessing any sequels will be Nacon's property.
Not surprising. I think one of the sticks that Focus got into was that they published without owning the IPs.

Fingers crossed Nacon also got the Mars IP.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Not surprising. I think one of the sticks that Focus got into was that they published without owning the IPs.

Fingers crossed Nacon also got the Mars IP.

In this particular case, Focus owned the IP. With Nacon (formerly known as Bigben) being the company that purchased Spiders, I suppose Focus decided it made more sense to let the IP go than run the risk of getting into a potentially messy negotiation vis-a-vis revenue split terms should a sequel be greenlit.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Picked up Shadow of the Tomb Raider for $16.80 CAD off GMG. A nice short game to keep me busy until CP2077.

I was looking at Cathedral as well, anyone played this game?

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Decided to just stick with Crosscode and avoid the sales. Good thing Crosscode is amazing.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Is the Deluxe Edition of Code Vein worth it at 20$?

Not a HUGE Souls fan but if the game's good then I don't mind.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
D52134BCAA3883244F3C1162D0E58B061803C9B7

I'm pretty happy with that level of performance in Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Surprised I'm GPU bound, interesting to see coming from playing some Ubisoft games recently, which absolutely slaughter Ryzen CPUs.

Status
Not open for further replies.