• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
Loba is a weird name to name a latina female character (I assume?) because I'm not sure about spanish, but in Portuguese it's basically like calling her "foxy" or "hot". Or I guess they are Shakira fans >_>

Loba is literal a female fox, it has kind of the same conotation as cougar here in Brazil (older woman who likes younger men), but almost nobody says "that's a loba!"
It ends up just being a generic weird thing no woman would call herself.

PinkCrayon

Oct 25, 2017
Well since it looks like I won't be getting a 5000 series any time soon...
*looks at 4770k*
ready for one last ride old friend?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
4fcb2e2a-9c3b-47ba-a8c0-1540a76d825b-2-together.png

dat Bromance!

closer

Oct 25, 2017
Which one is better, 1660 super, or 1660 ti? I always get those 2 confused.

my understanding is that the super is ever so slightly weaker than the TI in an unmeaningful way and that the price difference should default you to the super.

let me know if you find any deals! I'm trying to get a super as well.

oh nm just caught up on the thread lol

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Seriously what the fuck is up with Halo (or Bungie?) and long ass escape sequences with no checkpoints?

This Cortana level is honestly dragging the whole game down for me once again, it's just so frustrating it retroactively ruins any good will I had towards it.

What in the actual fuck?
Just spend nearly an hour in the basement room with the oujia board in Layers of Fear, wondering what the fuck the deal is.
And now upon googleing upon plain desperation, it turns out to be a fucking easter egg?!!
I'm so pissed right now. -.-'

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Seriously what the fuck is up with Halo (or Bungie?) and long ass escape sequences with no checkpoints?

This Cortana level is honestly dragging the whole game down for me once again, it's just so frustrating it retroactively ruins any good will I had towards it.
Cortana = Bungie's take on The Body of the Many.

All it takes is an endless supply of energy swords.

It was a bit frustrating, but I never felt as angry at this level, as I did @ the Library.

Stallion Free

Oct 29, 2017

The visions that keep popping up are the worst during the Cortana level. Checkpoints in the Halo games are a little wonky- they are sometimes just driven by crossing an invisible line and other times seem to require enemies to be cleared out. And it's never quite consistent as you play through a level.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
The visions that keep popping up are the worst during the Cortana level. Checkpoints in the Halo games are a little wonky- they are sometimes just driven by crossing an invisible line and other times seem to require enemies to be cleared out. And it's never quite consistent as you play through a level.

yes the fucking visions (and gravemind talk) killing your momentum also drove me nuts! Anyway, back to the good stuff hopefully, I have been enjoying 3 quite a bit.

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from stan423321 stan423321!

This is a first-come first-serve giveaway. Any claimed prize will instantly be delivered.

These are our awesome prizes:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
yeah Halo 3 is probably my fave (so far), it has some really good levels and the best weapons and vehicles in the series (again, so far), that Cortana level was super annoying but I've resigned myself that every Halo game will have 1 location where I just die 50 times >_>

Not sure if I'll jump on ODST straight away, might be getting a wee bit Halo'ed out.

Btw something I been wanting to mention but the sound mixing in the Halo games is WACK right? Sometimes I can barely hear the voices, and to make things worse, fucking subtitles werent working in 3.

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
My brain is like:
"This is a good price..... but it is an EA game which means it might come to EA Pass someday which will be part of Gamepass PC"
or
"This is a nice price for an old-ish game....... I wonder if it will ever be free on Epic?"

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
yeah Halo 3 is probably my fave (so far), it has some really good levels and the best weapons and vehicles in the series (again, so far), that Cortana level was super annoying but I've resigned myself that every Halo game will have 1 location where I just die 50 times >_>

Not sure if I'll jump on ODST straight away, might be getting a wee bit Halo'ed out.

Btw something I been wanting to mention but the sound mixing in the Halo games is WACK right? Sometimes I can barely hear the voices, and to make things worse, fucking subtitles werent working in 3.

I remember this being a MCC thing, but I would have hoped it'd be fixed at this point. And yea 3 is a great game, I know you hate 'em but that final escape sequence is one of my favorite memories with friends. Played through that game so many times.

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018

When I saw your previous post about the Flood level I was going to warn you, but didn't want you going in with any preconceptions. It really is an awful level; I remember spending hours one night trying to get through it. Don't worry, it gets better afterwards, I'm still looking forward to replaying 3 soon.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I remember this being a MCC thing, but I would have hoped it'd be fixed at this point. And yea 3 is a great game, I know you hate 'em but that final escape sequence is one of my favorite memories with friends. Played through that game so many times.

the warthog escape was shockingly... fine. Did it on my first go, it was much better than stupid ass Halo 1 >_>

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado

The sound in MCC has been weird on PC since release. I couldn't play Reach because the sound was so bad. I thought it was fixed by now though. They had to re-do the sound engine on the Xbox 360 games because it was difficult to port over or something like that.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
The sound in MCC has been weird on PC since release. I couldn't play Reach because the sound was so bad. I thought it was fixed by now though. They had to re-do the sound engine on the Xbox 360 games because it was difficult to port over or something like that.

its fucked on XBOX aswell tho lol.

Started ODST because fuck it. First of all, I still hate they call it Halo 3 ODST, it has nothing to do with 3 and they made it a full game, just drop the 3 and call it Halo ODST. Anyway, this is strangely the one I'm most nostalgic about and the one that's making me go "oh yeah..." a lot:

- oh yeah, Nathan Fillion is in this
- oh yeah, it's not that the game has a lot of neon, it's thatnight vision thing you can use that highlights everything in a glowing light
- oh yeah, this has that weird dub zone to enter each level, it's kinda cool

It's also much sharper looking than I expected, it looks better than Halo 3. The only downside so far, no more DW... I guess regular ass humans can't hold two guns >_>

Cameron122

Rescued from SR388
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Do Koei games go on sale very often? I just found out the latest Romance of the Three Kingdoms game has a dlc crossing over with my favorite anime so I wanna try it lol

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Do Koei games go on sale very often? I just found out the latest Romance of the Three Kingdoms game has a dlc crossing over with my favorite anime so I wanna try it lol
Humble has them usually during their big seasonal sales, as one of the big publishers. They aren't particularly prominent with other big resellers like GMG or Fanatical

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017

The Halo games didn't have subtitles until, like, 4 I think.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
yes, where I had no subtitles even after checking if the option was on (it was) :D

MCC is buggy as fuck dude :(

Most of the games came in kind of rough, but they fixed all the problems i had with them.

wow, surprising and kinda pointless

Yeah, from what I've remember the TF1 story mode was essentally just some dialog during multiplayer, and I assume the MP is a ghost town at this point.

the second gif looks like from a set piece in cod

From what I''ve seen it basically is a COD setpiece, in that I think it's just a car chase turret section.

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
I still get updates for that one Mercurysteam game, Spaceloards.

Can't believe it's still going!
their all time peak is less than 2k, and today's peak is 31.

Status
Not open for further replies.