• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I'm trying to play Metro Exodus on Game Pass and as usual, MS stuff just doesn't work correctly. First of all, I had to download the entire game twice and reset the computer several times just to install it. Now, every time I play it load times are increased by 2 minutes because it goes straight to "applying changes". I googled for a solution and among the myriad of different issues plaguing the Game Pass version of the game I found this thread, I just tried the solution now, and it didn't help. I don't think I have the will to put up with this crap.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah! Are we getting Judgement on PC? Are we getting Judgement on PC with restored Pierre Taki because the PC is the only place to er, "buy" Denki Groove records digitally now? :)
Way to go, you derp. WB was the only one holding it down for us PC folks, now we're not gonna get anymore Capcom PC ports after this insult. You've ruined it.....Ruined It!!!

hamsterstyle

Dec 13, 2017
Why would capcom be involved with Judgement?
Oh right, Sega :(

Way to go, you derp. WB was the only one holding it down for us PC folks, now we're not gonna get anymore Capcom PC ports after this insult. You've ruined it.....Ruined It!!!
It wasn't meant as an insult! I did I get my publishers mixed up, but it was just a bit of silliness associated with the oddness of finding out after the fact it was one of the core members of Denki Groove who was removed from Judgement, and that his musical back catalogue had been virtually erased from Japan as a result of the charges.

Last edited:

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
It's that time for recommendations! A few big games next month. I'll also be discussing the plans for out GOTY poll (and GOTD)

98tT02E.png

• Life is Strange 2: Episode 5 - Wolves - Uzzy
  • Halo: Reach
  • Vampire: The Masquerade – Coteries of New York
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries
  • Dragon Quest Builders 2
  • Phoenix Point
  • Darksiders Genesis
  • SaGa: Scarlet Grace - Ambition
gK65o0a.png

• Nothing submitted yet!
JIfmoDo.png

• Nothing submitted yet!
I will finally play LiS 2 Ep 2-5.

Oct 30, 2017

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
It's very possible we'll start hearing things when the first of the exclusivity agreements begin to expire next month.

But even if we ignore exact numbers there are still no coverage or talks with devs about the Store and how they are satisfied in general. I hope that you get what I am talking about.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
But even if we ignore exact numbers there are still no coverage or talks with devs about the Store and how they are satisfied in general. I hope that you get what I am talking about.
A thing propping up EGS in the media was the actual lack of console news (the main focus point in gaming media). Once next gen console rumors started to prop up, and the console wars start again, PC is left again to the side.

Does not help that the main sticking point for EGS (big games leaving Steam willingly and going to EGS) which Epic heavily pushed during the first half of the year (with the Metro and Ubisoft deal making many people in the media wondering "what big games are coming to Steam?") are worthless now that MS (and now EA) came back to Steam.

About indie sales, we barely got any actual numbers from Steam for years, despite Valve not caring about you giving them away, and even now that there are no NDA on it, we barely get any news from it and that comes from a MUCH bigger dev base.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

Sure, I understand that. I'm just saying that, since the only publishers to talk about EGS are those that have done so via earnings reports, odds are they're otherwise forbidden from publicly commenting on their experience.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
A thing propping up EGS in the media was the actual lack of console news (the main focus point in gaming media). Once next gen console rumors started to prop up, and the console wars start again, PC is left again to the side.

Does not help that the main sticking point for EGS (big games leaving Steam willingly and going to EGS) which Epic heavily pushed during the first half of the year (with the Metro and Ubisoft deal making many people in the media wondering "what big games are coming to Steam?") are worthless now that MS (and now EA) came back to Steam.

About indie sales, we barely got any actual numbers from Steam for years, despite Valve not caring about you giving them away, and even now that there are no NDA on it, we barely get any news from it and that comes from a MUCH bigger dev base.

Nah I don't think that consoles have anything with that. It is simply case of using situation to gain clicks.

Sure, I understand that. I'm just saying that, since the only publishers to talk about EGS are those that have done so via earnings reports, odds are they're otherwise forbidden from publicly commenting on their experience.

Maybe but we will never know.

I guess that we now know why Deep Silver took the money and never looked back

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Far more important than Malus Darkblade and Snikch is the news that Repanse de Lyonesse is getting added to Total Warhammer 2 for free. Who wouldn't want to conquer the old world as Not Joan of Arc.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's that time for recommendations! A few big games next month. I'll also be discussing the plans for out GOTY poll (and GOTD)

98tT02E.png

• Life is Strange 2: Episode 5 - Wolves - Uzzy
  • Halo: Reach
  • Vampire: The Masquerade – Coteries of New York
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries
  • Dragon Quest Builders 2
  • Phoenix Point
  • Darksiders Genesis
  • SaGa: Scarlet Grace - Ambition
gK65o0a.png

• Nothing submitted yet!
JIfmoDo.png

• Nothing submitted yet!
I can write the blurb on Scarlet Grace. Do I reply directly to you, or send you via PM?

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Oh right, Sega :(

It wasn't meant as an insult! I did I get my publishers mixed up, but it was just a bit of silliness associated with the oddness of finding out after the fact it was one of the core members of Denki Groove who was removed from Judgement, and that his musical back catalogue had been virtually erased from Japan as a result of the charges.
Ha, Im just messin with ya. Tbh I think you kinda broke my brain so early in the morning before I had my coffee, I kept wracking my brain trying to think what the hell "Judgement" was and how come I did not know Capcom was making it until now.

I would gladly but I am not buying online only singleplayer games.
Its online only? I was looking forward to trying that game out but idk how to take this news.

This is that recently translated Chinese RPG that people were talking about, right?

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
I dreamed I won an RTX 2070 in a contest but when I installed it and checked GPU-Z it turned out to be a GTX 960. :(

Even if it's just a dream I'm still so disappointed.

Last edited:

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
Far more important than Malus Darkblade and Snikch is the news that Repanse de Lyonesse is getting added to Total Warhammer 2 for free. Who wouldn't want to conquer the old world as Not Joan of Arc.
Hmm... I think I'm gonna discard my current Bretonnian campaign and wait until she's added into the game.

I'm sick fighting Norsca anyway lol

hamsterstyle

Dec 13, 2017
Ha, Im just messin with ya. Tbh I think you kinda broke my brain so early in the morning before I had my coffee, I kept wracking my brain trying to think what the hell "Judgement" was and how come I did not know Capcom was making it until now.
Hah, It didn't make a whole lot of sense even I hadn't confused the publishers - One of those things that I needed to give an extra moment of thought (and more coffee too :) )

1 hour queueing Titanfall 2 mp, still no match. This game is deader than dead.
That's depressing to hear, Titanfall 2's multiplayer is really darned good. Maybe it'll show up with the other stuff EA's bringing back to Steam and get a bit of a boost?

Oct 27, 2017
1 hour queueing Titanfall 2 mp, still no match. This game is deader than dead.

I think a lot of the more highly regarded console multiplayer shooters are so because of the 60fps and general fluidity that brings, something I've thought since CoD 4 made such an impression. On PC that's obviously just a standard so isn't particularly a selling point by itself. I think Titanfall 2 is a great game regardless, but perhaps there's just too much competition on PC, where on console it still stands out as one of the most fluid and exciting shooters to play.. at least enough that there are still players albeit not many. If every multiplayer shooter on console was 60fps as standard I think we'd start seeing CoD do less well, and others die out, as they seem to do on PC.

That being said, hopefully it gets a massive boost on Steam!

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
The more I play Death Stranding the more I think Kojima really only thought about planning a story first and attaching a gameplay later because really, when the game forces you to backtrack the whole map not once, but twice, even three times because of "reasons" and there's literally nothing else to do plot-wise in that chapter, you think the gameplay is just what connects one cutscene to another.

Oct 25, 2017
If I buy an Occulus Rift S for Alyx are there any issues when buying other VR granted on Steam? Do I have to look up compatability or does it just work?

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Opposing Force and Blue Shift over as well. OF wasn't as mediocre as I remembered it to be, but BS might as well never existed lol, aside from the HD pack. HL2 time

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
If I buy an Occulus Rift S for Alyx are there any issues when buying other VR granted on Steam? Do I have to look up compatability or does it just work?
Everything will launch. At least on my rift s I've not encountered any problems that way. Some games don't support Oculus touch controllers natively. Like Wolf cyberpilot so you get Windows mixed reality controllers in game or vive wands. But not the end of the world

Only some games natively support the Oculus API on Steam. The ones that do tend to run better but ones that don't will work fine.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Not related to the sales, but I played 3 hours of Glass Masquerade last night. It's a beautiful exercise in putting glasswork jigsaw puzzles together with nice, chill music.

Not particularly difficult (though some puzzles took me up to 20 min, due to there being more pieces and some being more obscure than others;' but really lovely artworks, and a great little experience overall. I think I got it in some Fanatical Bundle, and it's a really nice experience overall.

Oct 25, 2017
Everything will launch. At least on my rift s I've not encountered any problems that way. Some games don't support Oculus touch controllers natively. Like Wolf cyberpilot so you get Windows mixed reality controllers in game or vive wands. But not the end of the world

Only some games natively support the Oculus API on Steam. The ones that do tend to run better but ones that don't will work fine.
Awesome, thanks a lot

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Its online only? I was looking forward to trying that game out but idk how to take this news.

This is that recently translated Chinese RPG that people were talking about, right?
Yes, the game doesn't support local saving (the saves are real small, so it's not a lot of data usage). Apparently piracy of their previous games was a huge thing, so the game requires you to be online to play.

They have an NA server, however, that appears to be hosted by Azure (the IP is registered to Microsoft), and it's been rock solid in my experience. But that doesn't change the fact that you'll always need to be online (and the server will need to be running) in order to play. (It seems their last game also had the same system, and they removed it at the end of support, so maybe they'll do the same for this one.)

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Is this monitor ok? Dell s2419hgf. I'm spending a lot on my first build so I wanted to get a cheaper serviceable monitor. 144 hz and ~5 ms (1ms seems to lead to ghosting) seems good at $99.

Status
Not open for further replies.