• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Need suggestions for my next game, I'm kind of torn. Here's what I'm interested in:

- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- Blasphemous, currently 40% off
- Greedfall, currently 20% off
- Valfaris, currently 20% off

or

- Get 3 months trial for The Outer Worlds and Timespinner (nothing else actually really interests me... maybe Battle Chasers, Hellblade or Darksiders 3 or Rage 2, but I'm no hurry for those... didn't even play Darksiders 2 on PS+ lol and now my + sub expired -_-)

I am actually interested in Star Wars the most, but since it's so recent it's not on sale yet, and since those other games on sale/GP also interest me, I figure I might as well take advantage of it and wait a bit longer for SW to go on sale... argh, I don't know :(

You can sub to Origin Premier to have your cake and eat it too. Also, Blasphemous is supposedly in the next Humble Monthly, so that's some more savings there.

Otherwise, I think Greedfall is at a nice price now, and by the time you're done with that you may find SWJFO on sale.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
You can sub to Origin Premier
Ew, Origin 🤢

to have your cake and eat it too. Also, Blasphemous is supposedly in the next Humble Monthly, so that's some more savings there.

Otherwise, I think Greedfall is at a nice price now, and by the time you're done with that you may find SWJFO on sale.
Greedfall is pretty long, aye? I'm also much slower than the average player (Howlongtobeat is never accurate for me lol).

Malus Darkblade is a really happy name.
lmao did a 14 year old DM come up with this name?

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I just spent 20 minutes on one puzzle in Baba Is You and in the end the solution was so plainly obvious it physically hurt.

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished up Half-Life 2. I desperately need to play something now that isn't Half-Life as I've burned through 1 and 2 in just a couple of days.

Maybe that's why I'm a little grumpy about it, but Half-Life 2 has some pretty substantial pacing issues I think. There were 3 sections in particular where I was just desperate for them to end. I've played the game a couple of times before to completion but the general pacing of the game bothers me more on each occasion. Says a lot about the quality of everything else that I still love it, though.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Also, Blasphemous is supposedly in the next Humble Monthly
Just to be clear since Humble is pretty confusing atm, it's supposedly in the first Humble Choice which you can purchase starting Dec 6th, not one of the hidden games of the "December Monthly".
The post was completely correct, I'm just making sure people don't rush to buy the "upcoming" bundle in the hope that Blasphemous is one of the hidden games.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Tested soul calibur VI last night

Sweet ahoy it's great from the little bit I played 😂

Bought tekken 7 ultimate , soul calibur VI season pass 1 , Grandia HD off of Steam for a total of $60

Also bought Atelier Sophie for cheaper than steam from GMG which was great

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Just to be clear since Humble is pretty confusing atm, it's supposedly in the first Humble Choice which you can purchase starting Dec 6th, not one of the hidden games of the "December Monthly".
The post was completely correct, I'm just making sure people don't rush to buy the "upcoming" bundle in the hope that Blasphemous is one of the hidden games.

Ah yes. That's a good clarification to make. Didn't think of that. Thanks.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Need suggestions for my next game, I'm kind of torn. Here's what I'm interested in:

or

- Get 3 months trial for The Outer Worlds and Timespinner (nothing else actually really interests me... maybe Battle Chasers, Hellblade or Darksiders 3 or Rage 2, but I'm no hurry for those... didn't even play Darksiders 2 on PS+ lol and now my + sub expired -_-)

I am actually interested in Star Wars the most, but since it's so recent it's not on sale yet, and since those other games on sale/GP also interest me, I figure I might as well take advantage of it and wait a bit longer for SW to go on sale... argh, I don't know :(
I'd say Game Pass. Timespinner's a great 'vania game, and TOW is worth it even if it's just to meet Parvati.

I think GP is still only $1 for 3 months, so you can probably splurge and get one of the others if Game Pass is a bust.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Playing Xcom 2 on my PC for the first time. Previously played it a bit on PS4, but the framerate and loading killed it for me. Really enjoying it :)

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
So I bought Grandia Remastered on release, played 1 minute, because I was waiting for a fix.
Now the game is 12€, I asked for a refund, but I bought the game more than one month ago...do you think Valve will accept the refund request? I intend to buy the game again, for cheap this time.
EDIT: Received a reply, no refund.

Last edited:

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Was getting a month of Access Premier for Jedi and not really anything else... I thought. I have had Basic for two years now and I didn't really follow what Premier offers besides extra content for the same games and newer EA games. The vast majority of games are on Basic too after all. I did remembered that Sea of Solitude is a game I was curious about and that it is on there, then I checked the PC Gaming Wiki's list and realized that A Plague Tale is on there too! That was a surprise. This morning I also found Little Misfortune! So now there are four games I wanna play/try for my 15€ instead of one! I thought it was a good deal before but this is great. :D

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Regarding Grandia, it won't even boot for me. I tried to run it as an admin but nothing, at least I managed to run it ONCE by executing the .exe in the Steam directory, now clicking on it gave me the same result of trying to boot it via the launcher, aka a crash log is created in the game's directory but the title won't boot.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
store.steampowered.com

Red Dead Redemption 2 on Steam

Winner of over 175 Game of the Year Awards and recipient of over 250 perfect scores, RDR2 is the epic tale of outlaw Arthur Morgan and the infamous Van der Linde gang, on the run across America at the dawn of the modern age. Also includes access to the shared living world of Red Dead Online.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

OG doing a seed team. Interested to see as Notail and Ceb have pretty good eye with underutilized talent. Also Notail always seemed happy teaching guys how to perform to the top lvl.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
store.steampowered.com

Red Dead Redemption 2 on Steam

Winner of over 175 Game of the Year Awards and recipient of over 250 perfect scores, RDR2 is the epic tale of outlaw Arthur Morgan and the infamous Van der Linde gang, on the run across America at the dawn of the modern age. Also includes access to the shared living world of Red Dead Online.

Looks like I know what I'm getting December 5th!

Darksiders Genesis

Freezard

Oct 28, 2017

or

Only played Timespinner out of those and it's a great game but it's pretty short... going for Star Wars sounds good to me, or you can wait until it's out on Origin Basic Access.

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
I just learned that people whose Origin Access Premier subscriptions were active during the time of the National Cybersecurity Awareness Month promotion, but have since expired, are only receiving a free month of Origin Access Basic, contrary to what was promised.

Since my subscription has expired and I still haven't received my free month, I'm planning on resubscribing to Premier, so I get an extension for that service, instead of a free month of Basic.

Any recommendations on where to buy gift cards digitally, hopefully at a discount?

Oct 25, 2017

or

I can't really recommend GreedFall. It's as generic as an RPG can be. Completely lifeless. And the combat never ever changes.
You could just get one month of Origin Premiere Super Platinum for 15€ and finish Jedi, that's what I did.

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Why did this happen?
library_hero.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
It doesn't give any advantage, if anything it adds even more challenge by hiding remaining health and ammo. In the GoldSrc version the command is hud_draw 0 from the console, probably not a good idea if you haven't played the game before.
Oh yeah, I've played it. Always looking for a way to spice up a replay... though this sounds like I'll just die a lot, haha.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
It's that time for recommendations! A few big games next month. I'll also be discussing the plans for out GOTY poll (and GOTD)

98tT02E.png

• Life is Strange 2: Episode 5 - Wolves - Uzzy
  • Halo: Reach
  • Vampire: The Masquerade – Coteries of New York
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries
  • Dragon Quest Builders 2
  • Phoenix Point
  • Darksiders Genesis
  • SaGa: Scarlet Grace - Ambition
gK65o0a.png

• Nothing submitted yet!
JIfmoDo.png

• Nothing submitted yet!

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
It's that time for recommendations! A few big games next month. I'll also be discussing the plans for out GOTY poll (and GOTD)

98tT02E.png

• Phoenix Point
  • Darksiders Genesis
gK65o0a.png

• Nothing submitted yet!
JIfmoDo.png

• Nothing submitted yet!
I'll do Darksiders Genesis, because anything Darksiders in Day1 for me

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan

98tT02E.png

• Phoenix Point
  • Darksiders Genesis
gK65o0a.png

• Nothing submitted yet!
JIfmoDo.png

• Nothing submitted yet!
As one of my most favourite flawed games and cage apologist I'll do Detroit!

Status
Not open for further replies.