• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
I love that the first page currently has a thread complaining Valve abandons their blockbuster franchises and a thread announcing a new Half-Life game. That's so perfect.

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Work slowly starting to slow down a bit. After beating Gears with a buddy I noticed I hadn't played a game on steam since late July !

Currently really enjoying F1 2019 and the harvest moon game on steam. I know the HM game isn't one of the best but I enjoy how " hand holdy" it is. Great intro game to the genre , not too overwhelming for overworked brains after work.

Never been interested in Half Life but it's cool to see all the excitement. Hopefully it doesn't go to gimmicky and they provide alternative ways for the fan base to experience it.

Stadia seems pretty cool. I'm just excited that this will kick MS into gear. I really enjoyed remote play on my vita when I worked in the city.

I watched a bit of the GB quick look and I'm not sure why Jeff notes it's not as good as his expensive gaming rig lol. I think people have to recognize it's an alternative not trying to replace anything.

obviously my experience was better using my PS4 at home but I would rather not lug my console or gaming laptop to work everyday. A controller sure.

I think it will also add another layer of accessibility for those who can't or aren't interested in investing in and keeping up to date with gaming hardware.

I have quite a few friends who travel for work and Stadia and xcloud would be great for them while on the road. lots of opportunities for growth, improvements and innovation in the space that's for sure.

Great to see gaming offering so many different ways for people to experience them, we have come a long way that's for sure.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Never been interested in Half Life but it's cool to see all the excitement. Hopefully it doesn't go to gimmicky and they provide alternative ways for the fan base to experience it.
If they are doing the game correctly, if there is a non VR version it will have to play drastically different and basically be a different game with the same story.

They won't be creating some half assed measure like skyrim and fallout 4 VR which are more of a gimmick but something that can't be replicated with traditional controls.

It's why I mentioned super hot and beat saber earlier. but super hot itself is a great example of how different the game designed around traditional controls and VR can be.

matimeo

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
matimeo
You got me very interested in f1 2019 so i am hoping for a good discount on it soon.

codemasters really nailed it. Love that they integrated formula 2 as well. I also love that they try to build up organic rivalries from your time in formula 2 as you and others move up to formula 1.

I have driver trades turned off for my first season, I'll be damned if Hamilton ends up on my team before I destroy him lol. Kind of cool it gives you a reason to play multiple seasons with driver change ups etc.

only issue I had was I had set the game AI to as dumb as possible but I couldn't catch anyone. I'm pretty decent at racing games so I looked it up and it turns out in options the default threshold for my acceleration trigger was only registering 65% with my trigger fully pressed. So check that setting and adjust to save your formula 2 career lol.

I plan to bump the difficulty every season.

also Ferrari broke my heart this weekend. Just brutal.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else on Steam Beta? I can't add non-steam games at the moment, client keeps crashing the moment i click on the button.

matimeo

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
If they are doing the game correctly, if there is a non VR version it will have to play drastically different and basically be a different game with the same story.

They won't be creating some half assed measure like skyrim and fallout 4 VR which are more of a gimmick but something that can't be replicated with traditional controls.

It's why I mentioned super hot and beat saber earlier. but super hot itself is a great example of how different the game designed around traditional controls and VR can be.

Skyrim and fallout were ported you VR. Different situation.

When you have had a huge fan base beg you for content around an ip, and choose to build it around a platform that's not as accessible as the original was on, its definitely a consideration. As someone who spent time working at Oculus we always talked about this possibility and came up with quite a few ideas that wouldn't take away from the VR.

new ip developed specifically for VR is different as well. However in the age of accessibility everyone is always keeping these things in mind.

It may not feel the same, but the story can still be told and enjoyed by those without specific hardware. In fact it may even act as a bridge to convincing those who can to experience it in a new way.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
From what I've read it's a pain in the ass to set up, and you need to buy special connections to get things connected, and psvr in general is just meh. Just save up and get an oculus quest and use oculus link and or the $20 remote desktop app. Then you can also get beat saber with custom songs and no wires that you can play anywhere :P

Considering I haven't touched my PSVR in ages I doubt I'm willing to buy into another VR set anytime soon (even for Half Life).

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Work slowly starting to slow down a bit. After beating Gears with a buddy I noticed I hadn't played a game on steam since late July !

Currently really enjoying F1 2019 and the harvest moon game on steam. I know the HM game isn't one of the best but I enjoy how " hand holdy" it is. Great intro game to the genre , not too overwhelming for overworked brains after work.

Stadia seems pretty cool. I'm just excited that this will kick MS into gear. I really enjoyed remote play on my vita when I worked in the city.

I watched a bit of the GB quick look and I'm not sure why Jeff notes it's not as good as his expensive gaming rig lol. I think people have to recognize it's an alternative not trying to replace anything.

obviously my experience was better using my PS4 at home but I would rather not lug my console or gaming laptop to work everyday. A controller sure.

I think it will also add another layer of accessibility for those who can't or aren't interested in investing in and keeping up to date with gaming hardware.

I have quite a few friends who travel for work and Stadia and xcloud would be great for them while on the road. lots of opportunities for growth, improvements and innovation in the space that's for sure.

Great to see gaming offering so many different ways for people to experience them, we have come a long way that's for sure.

Now that work is slowing down a bit how about that Forza Horizon 4 on Steam? XD

Push those MS executives before they decide to delist it from the stores XD

matimeo

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Considering I haven't touched my PSVR in ages I doubt I'm willing to buy into another VR set anytime soon (even for Half Life).

You sound like me. I kept saying I'll break out my PSVR again once summer was over but that has just not happened and somewhat muted my interest in investing in VR for now.

Now that work is slowing down a bit how about that Forza Horizon 4 on Steam? XD

Push those MS executives before they decide to delist it from the stores XD

Maybe the next ones? They seem to be more service based and probably never planned to manage the game across more than just their current setup. Think their focus is going to be fully on what's next as Forza is always under pressure to deliver examples of the next capabilities of new hardware and services like xcloud.

never say never , they also may have to restructure licensing agreements, car games are such a pain.

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If I could afford to build a gaming room specifically to accommodate a VR system (I know you don't have to, but I mean it'd help) - then I would definitely play VR games, especially Skyrim first.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
You sound like me. I kept saying I'll break out my PSVR again once summer was over but that has just not happened and somewhat muted my interest in investing in VR for now.

Maybe the next ones? They seem to be more service based and probably never planned to manage the game across more than just their current setup. Think their focus is going to be fully on what's next as Forza is always under pressure to deliver examples of the next capabilities of new hardware and services like xcloud.

never say never , they also may have to restructure licensing agreements, car games are such a pain.

matimeo

Verified
Oct 26, 2017

We were lucky to get it on PC given the whole franchise and engine was designed around Xbox. I would say the bulk of the work is done and I'm definitely proud to have been a part of it with a lot of talented people who put in the extra work to make happen alongside normal development schedules.

I think they should drop franchises on various PC platforms. How about Forza to GOG!

I actually liked Horizon 3 way more than 4.

zetsubou

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Soooo, I have a XB1 racing wheel that doesn't really work with the PC. It supposedly works with Windows store games, and it does technically, but the buttons do not correspond between the wheel and the in game mapping. Is there anyway I can get this to work as it is supposed to? The wheel in question is the Ferrari 458 Spider.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
We were lucky to get it on PC given the whole franchise and engine was designed around Xbox. I would say the bulk of the work is done and I'm definitely proud to have been a part of it with a lot of talented people who put in the extra work to make happen alongside normal development schedules.

I think they should drop franchises on various PC platforms. How about Forza to GOG!

I actually liked Horizon 3 way more than 4.

And FH3 is now lost forever :(

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Vampyr is a bad game, first area makes it seem like the feeding vs withholding aspect actually matters but it doesn't. Other zones have mothers ignoring you killing their daughters and so on outside of becoming a generic enemy. Game is bad combat wise and needed another year of development to actually follow through on any of its mechanics

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
If I could afford to build a gaming room specifically to accommodate a VR system (I know you don't have to, but I mean it'd help) - then I would definitely play VR games, especially Skyrim first.

The tracking to the Oculus Quest or the Rift s is quite good (not perfect so something with a full set up works even better but for pretty much any game out right now the tracking is good enough) and doesn't require any outside set up. for something like skyrim you wouldn't need anything set up at all to play. just put the headset on, connect it to your computer, and play.

For most other games you just need a 6'x6' area near your computer.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Random user: "Is HL still a thing?"

Reddit:

KhaVEGQ.jpg

PC90

Enlightened
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Seeing DQB2 coming to PC is fucking awesome, it might be my GotY. I will say for that price it should've been a bundle of 1 and 2, but alas. SE gonna SE, I guess

Uncle Sensei

Oct 25, 2017
These HLVR threads are seriously bumming me out. If the game was on PS4, it'd be above a hundred pages and the outlook would be way more positive.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way of telling Google / FB to stop sending/showing me advertisement of one company? I am just annoyed how they seem to continuously target me with their stupid ads and they do different campaigns lately.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
These HLVR threads are seriously bumming me out. If the game was on PS4, it'd be above a hundred pages and the outlook would be way more positive.

Read the astrobot threads lmao. Lots of people who love the idea of the game but ultimately "I'll never play it unless VR is cheaper".

And that's Playstation VR, which for most people is still about 80% cheaper to jump into then Steam VR

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Why does JFO have unskippable splash screens? If they're hiding a load, I wish they would just use a progress bar.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys... Anybody knows how's the online "community" for the FOB stuff in MGS5 on PC these days?

Not talking about actual MGO but only the FOB stuff in the single player game... I'm not too far from unlocking the FOB stuff in my campaign and because I'm always SUPPPPER low in fuel ressource, I've been thinking about participating in that mode but, since I'm playing the game so long after release, I'm afraid it might just be full of overlevelled people and/or hackers by now like in so many other online games?

If that's the case then I just won't bother

Status
Not open for further replies.