• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeeman

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder when that free Origin Access for enabling 2FA is finally going to launch. They said around Nov. 1 and I get that it was just the weekend, but it's got to be today, right?

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm trying to figure out how nvidia new up scaling tech works(I think it's only for 16 and 20 series for now). Nvidia has a help guide that states you change the resolution in game while having a gpu scale box ticked.

NVIDIA Support

However on the rdr2 guide it specifically mentions some odd resolutions you can up scale from.

www.nvidia.com

Red Dead Redemption 2: NVIDIA’s Recommended GPUs For 60+ FPS Gameplay

We’ve run the numbers on Red Dead Redemption 2: GeForce RTX GPUs deliver high-quality experiences at 60 FPS in Rockstar’s eagerly anticipated game, and the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti is the only card capable of running at 4K.

"If, however, you still wish to run at High across the board at 4K, at 60 FPS, consider using our new upscaling and sharpening technology to upscale gameplay to 4K from 3264x1836 or 2880x1620, for a sizeable performance improvement, and only a minimal reduction in image clarity."

Where did Nvidia grab these resolution numbers? Are they selectable options in game?

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
So no preview of Legend of Bum-Bo?

I've been a bit out of the loop, so I was hoping someone would have been following it a bit closer and done a write up.

Is it going to be Binding of Isaac crossed with Slay the Spire?

Edmund has played a lot of the game while explaining the mechanics in videos on his Youtube channel. Lots of gameplay to watch.

Edit: He posted a new video exactly one minute after this post!

Last edited:

Saty

Oct 27, 2017

Is Gabe transforming to:

maxresdefault.jpg

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Daaaamn, RDR2 ain't fucking around

"4K 60FPS will need an RTX 2080 Ti at medium/high settings"

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I started playing The Outer Worlds yesterday and I just want to say that if Pavarti asked me to murder someone I'd probably be going to prison.

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a reliable source for playerbase numbers and server status' for older PC games?

I've had a thing lately for old school shooters and just wondering how my mileage is going to be by picking up something like Quake or Unreal Tournament on Steam.

Zeeman

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any thoughts on Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom? I wishlisted it ages ago but it looks like the base price dropped recently, so it's on its best discount ever at Fanatical right now.
It was in a Humble Monthly last year.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Anyone have any thoughts on Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom? I wishlisted it ages ago but it looks like the base price dropped recently, so it's on its best discount ever at Fanatical right now.

played through a decent chunk of it earlier this year - I enjoyed it quite a bit at first, but the deficiencies in the combat system become more and more apparent as the difficulty increases and you encounter more and more enemies that can KO party members in a single combo. it's just not very well balanced, but some people seemed to have enjoyed it more than I did, so maybe it'll scratch a certain PS2-era ARPG itch for you

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
So I'm trying to figure out how nvidia new up scaling tech works(I think it's only for 16 and 20 series for now). Nvidia has a help guide that states you change the resolution in game while having a gpu scale box ticked.

NVIDIA Support

However on the rdr2 guide it specifically mentions some odd resolutions you can up scale from.

www.nvidia.com

We’ve run the numbers on Red Dead Redemption 2: GeForce RTX GPUs deliver high-quality experiences at 60 FPS in Rockstar’s eagerly anticipated game, and the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti is the only card capable of running at 4K.

"If, however, you still wish to run at High across the board at 4K, at 60 FPS, consider using our new upscaling and sharpening technology to upscale gameplay to 4K from 3264x1836 or 2880x1620, for a sizeable performance improvement, and only a minimal reduction in image clarity."

Where did Nvidia grab these resolution numbers? Are they selectable options in game?
Current gpus sucks... We really need 3000 series. A 2080 ti can play 4k/60 but a mix of medium and high? give me a break.

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Neat, though the lack of Baiken is showing!

I'm getting more and more nervous that Baiken won't be in the initial roster.

Aside from that I'm super excited for this game. I was able to run the other game around 6K and it looked so amazing. Literally had better image quality than any anime I've ever seen. I'm hoping that by the time this releases that Ampere cards will be released and I'll be able to run it around 5K to 6K as well.

The overall texture work looks higher res too. The previous game had some issues here and there more than likely due to the game having to run on a PS3.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Thank you for Evergardern Eorl l :)
You are more than welcome :)

Why does real life have to be so busy? -_- I cleared The Turing Effect just as Outer Worlds dropped so I could focus entirely on it (even though I also bought Disco Elysium at the exact same time) and have so far created my character, gotten to the ship and tweaked some settings. Please life, stop being busy with work and recently moving.

Doesn't help that I've moved further West to even more remote Australia so Internet is either 4G mobile broadband with a whopping 100GB quota or a NBN service that if I go over its usage I get banned from the service. So cool.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I got it last year and didn't get many hours in. Maybe 3? It's unbalanced in a very disruptive way, as mentioned earlier. It's also feels very "stiff" making everything else feel a bit worse. Can't recommend it, sadly.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
So what are console settings, very low?

Since frame rate is half on consoles, even at same settings, Xbox X version would be rendering 50% (PS4 pro around 25%) of pixels.
But we don't know settings, but Digital Foundry will hopefully have analysis.
(and of course you preferably have overhead for more stable frame rate)

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I got it last year and didn't get many hours in. Maybe 3? It's unbalanced in a very disruptive way, as mentioned earlier. It's also feels very "stiff" making everything else feel a bit worse. Can't recommend it, sadly.

having played a bit further and initially enjoyed the game more than you did, I dug the vibe the game was going for (despite not caring for some of the character designs), and I enjoyed the exploration and the easier combat despite the lack of mechanical/UI polish, but once the combat difficulty ramps up, its flaws get a lot harder to ignore - the combat has a bunch of features that sound on paper like they should make for a deep and strategic real-time combat system, but in practice, battles are too fast-paced and chaotic to mentally keep track of a lot of them, and a number of the advanced techniques (which battles increasingly revolve around) require button inputs that are way too difficult to pull off successfully. I'd wait for another bundle or a sale for much less than $10.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm almost done with Outer Worlds, what a fantastic game. One of my favorite games of the year. Almost feel bad playing this on gamepass but I'll buy it on steam next year when there are mods to toy around with.

Current gpus sucks... We really need 3000 series. A 2080 ti can play 4k/60 but a mix of medium and high? give me a break.
Yeah we have to wait until summer 2020 for the 30 series, and i think it'll be a huge upgrade being 7nm euv. Plus Nvidia will the motivated to try and outshine the new consoles coming holiday 2020. I'm hoping for a big boost in both performance and rtx effects.

I have my pc hooked up to my 4k tv and i play games at 1800p that can't hit 60 fps at 4k native. Honestly I can't tell a difference between 1800p and native 4k on my TV unless I get about a foot away and I see some slight fuzziness. 1800p is a nice middle ground between 1440p and 4k. 1440p is ok on my 4ktv but I can see the difference in resolution sitting 8 feet back where I can't at 1800p. With 1800p I get about 30 percent more performance too vs native 4k. Trying to hit native 4k is a waste of resources for me.

Toast

Oct 28, 2017
The writing was really great, It took the coming of age stuff from oxenfree and cranked it up. I was super impressed with dealing with some heavy topics in such a lighthearted game on the surface. And performances were super good. Janina is phenomenal in it.

Lot's of choice and path that seemed to have consequence.

I think the story/writing was better than oxenfree.

And Oxenfree is such a great game as well!

And wishlisted. Thanks for the info.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017

NVIDIA Support

www.nvidia.com

They are percentages of 4k

85% and 75% of native

the new scaling thing in control panel adds them as custom resolutions selectable in-game

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
How is controller support in Outer Worlds?

Tempted to sub to Gamepass just to play this... 👀

Status
Not open for further replies.