• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
For a company as big as EA and with amount of money EA has this is simply sad

fetchimage

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Is Velocity 2X good?
It's OK, but it ends up being more rhythm game than shooter/platformer. To do well in a level you need to basically input the same exact long sequence of learned inputs which will tax your hand muscles as it contorts around the controller. All the levels ended up feeling samey to me because of that and I got bored with it.

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
I've never been too into PC gaming, but I've been dabbling with some simple games recently. I got a new laptop with some... ok to decent graphics cards in it, and I downloaded Sonic Robo Blast 2, which is a fanmade Sonic fangame using the Doom engine. Really fun, and playing with mods made me realize how a lot of my future gaming purchases can probably be improved by purchasing them on PC as opposed to Switch.

I got Ion Fury recently and have been loving it. I've really just been loving classic style FPSes in general. Anyone know if the modding community has any buzz going on?

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everytime I see a thread with SSD in the title I click that ignore button. I wish this was around back in the GDDR5 days.

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
One ambient description entirely sums up a character. That's good.

V8jybZx.png

Chapter 5 of Pathfinder Kingmaker down, and boy this is a big game. I'm liking it though, for the most part. There's a lot of QOL improvements the game could have that I hope we'll see implemented in the sequel, if they're not too busy adding in three different genres of game.
Yeah, I got back to Kingmaker too and I'm still nowhere near even halfway.
Huge game.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Today i finally retired my 14 year old WD Black HDD. Disk is still fine, no errors or bad sectors but it was becoming slow and with that old disk you never knew when it will go bad XD

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
EA has been shit for decades. It is known.

Go count the number of games you purchased with money on Origin for proof.

Last gen they at least still published some interesting stuff besides their regular sports output (like the Mass Effect trilogy, Dead Space trilogy, Alice, Rock Band series, Dantes Inferno, Kingdoms of Amalur, Dragon Age 1, Skate, Mirrors Edge and a few good Criterion racing games).

If they wouldn't have Respawn the EA lineup this gen would be completely abysmal. It's just sad they are probably making more money than ever thanks to highly exploitive business models like FUT.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Last gen they at least still published some interesting stuff besides their regular sports output (like the Mass Effect trilogy, Dead Space trilogy, Alice, Rock Band series, Dantes Inferno, Kingdoms of Amalur, Dragon Age 1, Skate, Mirrors Edge and a few good Criterion racing games).

If they wouldn't have Respawn the EA lineup this gen would be completely abysmal. It's just sad they are probably making more money than ever thanks to highly exploitive business models like FUT.

It is enough to see this

www.resetera.com

Was EA publisher that changed the most with console generation switch?

I was watching GVMERS videos recently about Skate, MoH and now Dead Space and it made me think about EA and how they made drastic turn with new generations of consoles. This was their output from 2006 to 2013 (come titles are missing, blame Google :D) We already can see...

Oct 25, 2017
I already own evil genius. Forget how I got this steam copy though.

I always felt like it is a solid game. Looking forward to the sequel.

I think Evil Genius + Xcom would be a dope combination.

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
absolutely loved A Plague Tale Innocence (shit title aside), if I had played last year... and actually bothered to do GOTY lists anymore, it would rank very high.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
I was trying to start some Uplay games (AC2, AC4, FC4 & FCBD) and I was met with this good ole' issue:

im9sw0aqdn631.png

Anyone know what the proper choice for the Steam version is? I remember one option being the incorrect one and as such won't be compatible with any DLCs, that's why I ask!

Last edited:

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I'm trying to start some Uplay games (AC2, AC4, FC4, FC Blood Dragon) and I'm met with this ole' issue:

im9sw0aqdn631.png

Anyone knows what the proper choice for the Steam version is? I remember one option being the incorrect one and won't be compatible with DLCs and such, that's why I ask.
Just use Uplay only for Ubisoft games. It fucks up so often between Steam and EGS, I just buy them on Steam/EGS, activite them on UPlay and then install and launch them from Uplay without the EGS/Steam connection.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Just use Uplay only for Ubisoft games. It fucks up so often between Steam and EGS, I just buy them on Steam/EGS, activite them on UPlay and then install and launch them from Uplay without the EGS/Steam connection.
I own all the DLCs through Steam so I don't think that's an option for me, and I'm also using Big Picture Mode to start my game.

After some testing though it seems the second option is for the Steam-version, but I'm not sure if this is a universal rule or just specific to this game.

By the way - is anyone else getting constant 2-step verification emails from Ubisoft when starting Uplay? I don't get a prompt to enter one since I'm already signed in but I've gotten 15 emails during the last 10 minutes or so.

Last edited:

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I have all the DLCs through Steam so I don't think that's not possible for me, and I'm using Big Picture Mode to start my game.

After some testing it seems the second option is indeed the Steam-version, but I'm not sure if this is universal or just specific to this game!

Also - is anyone else getting constant 2-step verification emails from Ubisoft when starting Uplay? I don't get a prompt to enter one since I'm already logged-in but I've gotten 15 of them the last 10 minutes.
You should have all the DLC in UPLAY as well when you bought them over Steam or EGS. I for example have the Season Pass for Anno 1800 and it all shows up in Uplay after buying it from the EGS.

Big Picture mode on the other hand is something you can't have via UPlay, so yeah ...

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
You should have all the DLC in UPLAY as well when you bought them over Steam or EGS. I for example have the Season Pass for Anno 1800 and it all shows up in Uplay after buying it from the EGS.

Big Picture mode on the other hand is something you can't have via UPlay, so yeah ...

As far as i know all Ubisoft games bought on Steam need Steam to run.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

It's not possible to launch the Steam versions of Uplay games independently of Steam. You can launch them from Uplay if you so please, but this is functionally identical to clicking the "Play" button in Steam itself. It seems Uplay launches Steam silently these days, but once upon a time there was a "Uplay is now launching Steam" window:

ac3steamuplaym4kjy.jpg

Last edited:

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
As far as i know all Ubisoft games bought on Steam need Steam to run.
It's not possible to launch the Steam versions of Uplay games independently of Steam. You can launch them from Uplay if you so please, but this is functionally identical to clicking the "Play" button in Steam itself. It seems Uplay launches Steam silently these days, but once upon a time there was a "Uplay is now launching Steam" window:

ac3steamuplaym4kjy.jpg
Well, that sucks. Was it always like that? At least for EGS it works without starting EGS.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Well, that sucks. Was it always like that? At least for EGS it works without starting EGS.

Yeah. EGS doesn't have any support for interfacing with middle-man clients, so technically there are no EGS versions of Uplay games; buying an Ubi game on EGS simply adds the usual Uplay licence to your account, and the EGS library listing is really just a fancy uplay:// shortcut.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.