• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
As someone who played Journey for the first time last year on PS4, the final sections hit me hard in the feels.
Also
5k02nee.gif

The sand surfing is fun.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah it looks incredible just the price is so hard to handle (not saying it's not a fair price for what you get just that I can't pay that much for something I will only use occasionally, I bought a PSVR at launch and used it maybe 15 hours total) I am pretty sure I will pick up a rift s just because of the price even knowing it's a inferior product.

Yeah it is expensive, but from new impressions it is probably the best VR headset out there for home usage.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Will we even see a Contra Collection with 4 and the PS2 games?

Let's hope so because this collection is missing like 4 of the best Contra games.

I think everything published by Annapurna has been 1 year exclusive so far so I imagine the same would apply to Journey. It's odd that Epic only blocked Journey and ignored Flower (that one had no exclusivity period).

Probably just because Journey was a much bigger hit than Flower. Bound to come to Steam later anyway yeah.

Ja-

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I might make an exception and get journey. I remember playing it day 1 on PS3 and loving every second of it.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Is moonlighter worth a punt or does it become stale after a couple of hours?

Becomes very stale very fast. At least that was the case at launch. Maybe they improved that with the updates they released since then.

Running the shop isn't as deep and at one point you are drowning in money and don't know what to do with it. Was such a bummer. Game looks great.

Freezard

Oct 28, 2017
I got motion sickness playing Spyro on PS4 with 30 fps and the extreme amount of motion blur when rotating the camera, and I never get that normally. Eventually they patched in an option to turn it off, but that was way after I platinumed it.

If Spyro gets the 60 fps treatment on PC it's gonna be un-sickly good.

addyb

Oct 27, 2017
Becomes very stale very fast. At least that was the case at launch. Maybe they improved that with the updates they released since then.

Running the shop isn't as deep and at one point you are drowning in money and don't know what to do with it. Was such a bummer. Game looks great.

That's a shame and kind of what I feared. I'll leave it. I am quite tempted by that void bastards though.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I played and finished Journey on PS3, I own it on PS4 so I don't see a reason why should I buy it right now.

Btw I need to start thinking what to play next because I will soon finish Uncharted 4. My backlog is so big that I don't even know where to start xD

TenaciousD

Banned
Mar 6, 2018
Epic can't even do regional pricing correctly.

Journey is $5 on the US store, with the $10 discount. It's $7 on the South African store.

The Walking Dead collection is $5 each on the US store. The first three seasons are $13 each on the SA store, the final season is $6.5

The fuck guys. Guess it's for the best, at least I won't give them any money.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Moonlighter suffers from the town / shop stuff being a total bore when it should have been the focus. Needed more Recettear, less rougelike dungeon crawling.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Anything would be better than the clusterfuck that was Dreamfall Chapters so I'm glad Tornquist has at least some narrative spark left.

Mainly buying for the high fidelity mountains tho, like holy shit look at how beautiful they look

Some Draugen reviews have trickled in here: https://opencritic.com/game/7778/draugen

Seems decent enough, about where I expected it to land. They're oddly tight-lipped about the price, though.
The Park was a 2 or so hour narrative game and was 13 bucks so we can hope it's similar.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Are you sure about DS3? 1 had cloud but 2 doesn't.

There are threads about 3 not having it on Steam. Maybe it was patched in?

EDIT - nvm you are talking about local files.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Journey is still one of my most memorable gaming experiences and I haven't played it since the original ps3 release but I'm not going to support epic to relieve it lol

Incredible game and if you haven't played it go in blind and I think you will still be blown away. Whether you buy it on epic now or wait another 6 months year whatever for the steam release.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Did I give Microsoft/windows 10 some extra permission or something? Last time I played an Xbox game was kingdom hearts 3 and went to my Xbox profile page and it says the last thing I played was Pathologic 2, 5 hours ago which while true is a steam game

Had zero idea this was getting pushed to my Xbox profile

Last edited:

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Journey vs Hellblade? Both are walking simulators right?
I personally wouldn't consider Hellblade a walking simulator. Classification doesn't really matter though as the games are very different and aren't really comparable in a meaningful way imo.

I think Journey has hit home with enough people that everyone should try it once if they can and are even remotely interested.

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Journey vs Hellblade? Both are walking simulators right?

Journey , played it in one sitting which is rare for me no matter the length of a game. Played thru twice each a different experience but all I can say without spoilers.

Hellblade couldn't finish , just wasn't for me at the time I tried to play.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Update on the Pathologic 2 situation: tried the BackerKit again, got my GOG code this time! Redeemed it no problem- along with the soundtrack and the artbook.

Now I just need to find the time to play the dang thing...

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
I love hellblade, the way they deal with mental health is really great and something you don't see in games that often. I actually just replayed it the other day. and while this is a lot of walking there is also a lot of combat and there are puzzles, albeit simple ones but puzzles nonetheless.

I also love journey. First time playing it was an experience. Bought and replayed it on the PS4 and will do the same with the PC release.

They are both great but not really comparable games at all.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
If you own System Shock 2 you get a 25% off coupon for Void Bastards. The game cost $30 USD by the way. I thought it was going to cost $20USD or something.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Hellblade vr has some incredible moments with scale at least, including one of my favorite moments in gaming because of that, but all in all wasnt a huge fan and again the ending song is so on the nose and bad it hurts

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Did I give Microsoft/windows 10 some extra permission or something? Last time I played an Xbox game was kingdom hearts 3 and went to my Xbox profile page and it says the last thing I played was Pathologic 2, 5 hours ago which while true is a steam game

Had zero idea this was getting pushed to my Xbox profile
they've been doing this to me for as long as i can remember. it even includes google chrome for some reason.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Man, i thought i'd play through Bioshock again, so I decided to do the Remaster since it was sitting unplayed in my library, but....hoo boy...it is crash-tastic. It wouldn't be so bad but the checkpoints are pretty few and far between and i keep forgetting to quick-save.

I even think I've found a repeatable bug: if you use Telekenesis to hold a body, then press tab to open up the map while still holding right mouse button, it crashes to desktop. Nasty.

That said, Bioshock is still a fun game (especially when you turn off the red arrow and just use the environmental signs and map to navigate). The story is less good than I remember (or at least less good than the reputation would have one believe), but that might just be how much the overall bar has been raised for game narratives.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
Void Bastards is really good so far. The art style is fucking outstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.