• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
You all should start a new thread to market Epic.

This thread is for you all to talk about games I would never know about otherwise so I can wishlist them , buy them and never find time to finish them.

At least those of you on my friends list continue to do this by adding things to your wishlists and challenging my perception of game titles.

Usually if I'm super busy , my activity feed keeps me up to date. My reactions go like this:

Era member 1 adds Game X to their wishlist.

Me: well game X sounds dumb

Era Member 2 adds Game X to their wishlist

Me: yeah but 2 adds everything

Era member 3 adds Game X to their wishlist.

Me: ok fine , 3 has decent taste, let me open the game page for x

*pause*

Matimeo has added Game X to wishlist.

So thank you all for continuing to help me challenge my perception of game titles lol.

Back to work for me.
Hopefully last weekend before the product I'm working on launches.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
Well I'm disabled so I won't be sailing or swimming in the ocean any time soon. Guess I'll just start up a new game of Subnautica.

Subnautica works in VR too!!! Although not very well and its way to scary for me. Fun to splash around in the shallows though.

I do think VR will open up all sorts of possibilities in the future. Once the cost and PC power requirements come down a bit. Even something like Goggle Earth in VR is amazing for getting an experience of places.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Subnautica works in VR too!!! Although not very well and its way to scary for me. Fun to splash around in the shallows though.

I do think VR will open up all sorts of possibilities in the future. Once the cost and PC power requirements come down a bit. Even something like Goggle Earth in VR is amazing for getting an experience of places.

Jeez I couldn't imagine seeing some of those beasts in VR for the first time.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

This thread is for you all to talk about games I would never know about otherwise so I can wishlist them , buy them and never find time to finish them.

At least those of you on my friends list continue to do this by adding things to your wishlists and challenging my perception of game titles.

Usually if I'm super busy , my activity feed keeps me up to date. My reactions go like this:

*pause*

So thank you all for continuing to help me challenge my perception of game titles lol.

Back to work for me.
I think I know who member 2 is!

Hope crunch isnt so bad and you can chillax after it for a while, you sound tired lately.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman

*pause*

Back to work for me.
Thank you for appreciating my taste in games~

OniluapL

Oct 25, 2017
Played the first two Rites in Pyre and this may be the best game Supergiant made already.

It is! And I absolutely love Bastion and Transistor, but Pyre is on another level. It's harder to get into it because of the weird genre mix, but if it works for you, the narrative and presentation is unparalleled.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing a bit of Disney Infinity again, and as much as I love these games and as much content as they contain, there are some fairly laughable oversights in the Steam version.

For example, 3.0 has a toybox item that only be unlocked through an interaction that requires two players. The Steam version doesn't have local multiplayer, and although it technically does have online multiplayer, it was apparently left in by accident (don't ask me how) and as such isn't officially supported. And good luck finding someone who wants to play Disney Infinity in 2019.

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
Alright, folks. We had a good run but it's time to say goodbye.

540652086388457474.gif

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
An interesting concept for a coop' game:

You and your friend are TwinCop: One player controls the right arm; the other controls the left arm; both of you control movement.

Both of you control movement, so that means communication with your other half is key. Move in OPPOSITE directions, and TwinCop will go nowhere. Move in the SAME direction, and you will move swiftly and heal yourselves. Moving together is the ONLY way to heal, and it also charges your combined super ability, Twinsanity, which slows down time and really lets you gain the upper hand in tough situations.

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Its like selling your stuff on a high end boutique store then bringing it to the malls to sell the the masses(and holdouts)when the sheen has come off the product.

I'm doubting if I would buy, say, 'Outer Worlds' a year after release, the exception would be if it's heavily modded (talking Nexus style), and deeply discounted. There's always something newer / faster / shinier.

I'm even doubting if I'm going to bet Borderlands 3 6 mo after release, for the same reason.

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Steamworld Dig 2 was fantastic. These Image & Form Steamworld games are on a bizarre From Software-level of winning streak arent they?

Also the ending ties directly into Steamworld Heist and that is super neat.

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Pyre by Supergiant Games.

ah

time to keep the steamworld train going. Remind me the best way to play Heist again? Focus on 3 guys right? I remember the first time I was playing it (before dropping it) I was trying to level all the chars equally and people said that was useless and a pain?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Ohhhhhh Outer Wilds is a different game to Outer Worlds

I wondered why it was news now when it was announced months ago

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
It works with Bluetooth and you can pretty much add any game/program to Steam and still use Steam Input with your DS3/DS4.

Going back a couple of days here, but set it up with steam and seems to be fine. While plugged in. Can't seem to find out how to get it to connect to Bluetooth. Know it works with the dongle I have because I was using it with the SC stuff before new hardrive/os but can't find out how to get it working with it now. Trying to google for answers just has a ton of pages about how to set up the SC pack. Anything I'm missing?

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Going back a couple of days here, but set it up with steam and seems to be fine. While plugged in. Can't seem to find out how to get it to connect to Bluetooth. Know it works with the dongle I have because I was using it with the SC stuff before new hardrive/os but can't find out how to get it working with it now. Trying to google for answers just has a ton of pages about how to set up the SC pack. Anything I'm missing?
Can you pair it via Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.