• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad I wasn't plagued with the problems other Horizon players suffered. I really enjoyed the game, especially the DLC.

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know why I can't change the resolution of Hellblade Senua? It keeps defaulting to 4K even though I try to turn it down to 1440p.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Just finished She Sees Red, a Full Motion Video Game.

Had this on my wishlist for a while, and as it was on sale for £1.79, I figured I had to give it a shot, and I'm very glad I did.

The story is told from the perspective of a female detective, investigating a murder in the back rooms of a Russian nightclub. She's a fun character, clearly confident and in charge, unflustered when guns are drawn and the mobsters are trying to intimidate her. But your decisions are made for the guy she's chasing, the murderer. Which is an interesting twist. The choices are binary but I still well done, and upon finishing I instantly went back to see the outcome of the other choices in order to figure out the complete story and solve the mystery.

It's pretty short, it took me just under two hours to see all the endings, with another hour or so to get all the scenes. I'm not hugely confident about FMV games that feature selling points such as 'Professional Actors', as if the acting's good anyway why do you need to specify that they're professionals. But other than one ending that was perhaps unintentionally slightly comedic, I was pleasantly surprised by the story and performances. The set design and camera work too was all above what I expected. And the fight scenes were especially well done. Kudos to whoever did the effects work, there's some surprisingly gory scenes!

It is a Russian project, so I played it with Russian VA and English subtitles. It does have an English dub though if you must.

All in all, it was well worth my time and money.

6gvN1lQ.png

ultimate_sigh

Sep 29, 2019
Granted I've not played Guilty Gear much since the Dreamcast days. But messing about with Baiken in Xrd, sucks she's not in Strive, better be in the first season!

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
Just finished She Sees Red, a Full Motion Video Game.

Had this on my wishlist for a while, and as it was on sale for £1.79, I figured I had to give it a shot, and I'm very glad I did.

The story is told from the perspective of a female detective, investigating a murder in the back rooms of a Russian nightclub. She's a fun character, clearly confident and in charge, unflustered when guns are drawn and the mobsters are trying to intimidate her. But your decisions are made for the guy she's chasing, the murderer. Which is an interesting twist. The choices are binary but I still well done, and upon finishing I instantly went back to see the outcome of the other choices in order to figure out the complete story and solve the mystery.

It's pretty short, it took me just under two hours to see all the endings, with another hour or so to get all the scenes. I'm not hugely confident about FMV games that feature selling points such as 'Professional Actors', as if the acting's good anyway why do you need to specify that they're professionals. But other than one ending that was perhaps unintentionally slightly comedic, I was pleasantly surprised by the story and performances. The set design and camera work too was all above what I expected. And the fight scenes were especially well done. Kudos to whoever did the effects work, there's some surprisingly gory scenes!

It is a Russian project, so I played it with Russian VA and English subtitles. It does have an English dub though if you must.

All in all, it was well worth my time and money.

6gvN1lQ.png

How much time it took you to beat it? Looks interesting and its pretty cheap.

EDIT: nvm, steam reviews says its 30-40 min long, ill pick it up.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
IDK if these rules are hard and fast. I just re-downloaded Dead Space 2 and, it automatically used whatever key it had and launched fine. Thankfully. Because Dead Space trilogy freaking rules.
Admittedly I haven't tried downloading my copy and see if it works. I just assumed all copies were broken.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Loop Hero is perfect on a tablet via Steam link. Feels like a native app with the direct cursor input option.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Finished Nioh2 and all DLCs and all sub-missions.

K-T got really lazy with the last DLC. DLC 1+2 has special maps made for it. Then the submissions after you finish the third DLC are just either the same area you already went to or fighting areas....

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
I could snag the War of the Chosen DLC for five bucks on steam 🤔
but i have a huge backlog and haven't even finished it vanilla 😔
it'll probably drop to that price again or even lower right?

Yeah

Zungi (Ship Steward) and Charles Miner (Bosun's Mate) were two of the tougher ones.

My life would've been easier had I known French sailors were known to wear horizontal stripes. I eventually identified Miner by going through all of Alfred Klestil's (The Bosun) memories (11 in total) and seeing which person was present in all or most of them!

Zungi was identified by process of elimination. He wore steward's clothes but I wasn't sure whose steward he was.

P. S: I never utilised the hammock tag numbers method to identity personnel. I completely missed that in Syed's memory.
It's interesting how different one can approach how to identify a person at times.
I found out about the hammocks early, but didn't understand how to use them at first until I got a little hint. Their order seemed messed up and I didn't understand that they took them down after someone had died.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
If you ever redeemed the cd key it came with on origin, you can use that to unlock it, otherwise you have to use a cracked exe. I would say they're going to fix it as surely they wouldn't keep selling a broken product, but then again they put Titanfall out and that's never worked since it came to steam.
Here's the thing, I don't have Dead Space 2 on Origin at all. But I got other EA games I have on Steam on Origin. Think I got them all from a Humble Bundle, not sure why DS2 is missing. But yeah, I have no key I can use from Origin as a result. I really don't want to mess with a crack either. I'm hoping EA just fixes it but apparently it's been like this for a month and they haven't even acknowledged it?

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
What is this, a trick question? Of course you should!

If you played vanilla Xcom 2 then you'll be glad that you did, it completes the experience and makes the game that much better.
damn you i just convinced myself not to buy it and now you've got me in the cycle all over again
what am i made of money
am i some kind of money tree
i fucking wish

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Where are you at? I don't remember this game being particularly hard.
Wind dungeon took a lot out of me. I'm up to the underground one now with lava. I think I was just tired last night after getting through wind dungeon's stupidity. Lava dungeon doesn't seem too bad so far.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
I have been out of the loop but I cant believe Dark Souls Remastered is full price when I own Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition. Is remastered worth getting (obviously not at full price) if my biggest complaints for Dark Souls were the graphics/performance? It has been a long time since I played PTDE on PC and I was using that Durante workaround.

The was a loyalty discount at some point. Also wait for a sale.

I have 100% both versions on pc lol. And playing DSR on switch. Performance is good, it's dsfix good. Blighttowns no issues even on switch. It has the new games online system implemented as well.

Would recommend on sale.

Remastered has a persistent audio bug where ambient sounds stop playing, and the only temporary fix is to quit and reload. I don't think the performance benefits are worth the trade-off of spoiling the atmosphere.

Is this hit or miss per person? Both of my DSR copies this doesn't happened. Though the same quality on the switch isn't a good as PtDE.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Just went into the Steam Downloads setting for the first time in a while.... So they replaced the dropdown menu to pick the speed limit (which was bad because of its lack of options) to a text box but that only supports KB/s (who the fuck actually needs a KB/s limit and not something in the MB/s range?).... I know I can do the math, that's not a problem but JFC Valve... You fuckin suuuuuck at UI design....

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Is anyone playing The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante? Curious to read impressions

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
Is this hit or miss per person? Both of my DSR copies this doesn't happened. Though the same quality on the switch isn't a good as PtDE.

It's all remastered versions except Switch, which as you say has its own issues with low quality sound. Here's a thread from someone who experienced it in the PS4 demo, and if you search Steam or reddit you'll find lots of threads complaining about it.

Sounds tend to stop playing whenever you die or use a homeward bone, and I believe there are other issues with it cutting out too.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
It's all remastered versions except Switch, which as you say has its own issues with low quality sound. Here's a thread from someone who experienced it in the PS4 demo, and if you search Steam or reddit you'll find lots of threads complaining about it.

Sounds tend to stop playing whenever you die or use a homeward bone, and I believe there are other issues with it cutting out too.

Odd lol I have 113 hours on the PC DSR and never noticed, always had sound even after death. I will ask my buddy as he was playing with me.

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
Odd lol I have 113 hours on the PC DSR and never noticed, always had sound even after death. I will ask my buddy a he was playing with me.

For the most part it's the sounds that play in the background that cut out, but one of the most noticeable weird glitches is that the parry sound doesn't always play when parrying Silver and Black Knights.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Ok got Shade in Beyond Oasis. Really don't like this platforming stuff but I'm back to mostly enjoying the game again. The most frustrating part is trying to get the flame spirit to burn the stuff you want. Gotta be pixel perfect.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Huh, so that last collectible is only visible after I pick up the locator item. And I need to finish an NPC convo in order to get it. I spoke to that character several times, but I guess I never finished the entire dialogue before. Well, that was annoying.

Still, got my 100% in Yoku's Island Express. Neat game, might buy it in a Steam sale just to replay with achievements, haha.

Mmoving on to "Foregone", I think. Don't feel like dipping back into the vortex that is Age of Empires II just yet.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
So, this happened:
IEQW7a.png

Cannot remember the last time I played for ~5 hours in less than half a day. I'm so glad they still make games like this. Gotta get back to life now.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Intel's bluetooth drivers are trash. Accidentally tripped my surge protector with my foot. Powered my PC back on, only to see that bluetooth didn't work. Messed around with drivers for far too long before realizing that uninstall/reinstalling drivers wasn't doing it. Then I had to remember where my cmos jumpers were on my motherboard, which took forever because I have an iTX board and an iTX case. Then, once I reset everything (and restored my overclocks), I got bluetooth to show up again, but nothing wanted to connect.

45 minutes of messing with Windows settings most people don't even know exist later, I have bluetooth working again. Though it would've been 10 minutes if I didn't tick a box back in the beginning of my process. In the grand scheme, none of this would've happened if intel didn't have shitty bluetooth drivers. Had this kind of an issue before (conveniently forgot the solution until i was knee deep in it and had to google search for old reddit posts of mine) last summer with an AsRock board and this Asus board, both with Intel bluetooth. Everything I've read on the internet points to this largely being an Intel bluetooth issue. Never experienced this on any other bluetooth adapter, either.

ruttyboy

Oct 29, 2017
Intel's bluetooth drivers are trash. Accidentally tripped my surge protector with my foot. Powered my PC back on, only to see that bluetooth didn't work. Messed around with drivers for far too long before realizing that uninstall/reinstalling drivers wasn't doing it. Then I had to remember where my cmos jumpers were on my motherboard, which took forever because I have an iTX board and an iTX case. Then, once I reset everything (and restored my overclocks), I got bluetooth to show up again, but nothing wanted to connect.

45 minutes of messing with Windows settings most people don't even know exist later, I have bluetooth working again. Though it would've been 10 minutes if I didn't tick a box back in the beginning of my process. In the grand scheme, none of this would've happened if intel didn't have shitty bluetooth drivers. Had this kind of an issue before (conveniently forgot the solution until i was knee deep in it and had to google search for old reddit posts of mine) last summer with an AsRock board and this Asus board, both with Intel bluetooth. Everything I've read on the internet points to this largely being an Intel bluetooth issue. Never experienced this on any other bluetooth adapter, either.
I've had similar issues in the past after powercuts, what was the box you shouldn't have ticked?

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I've had similar issues in the past after powercuts, what was the box you shouldn't have ticked?
In services.msc, I set the Bluetooth Support Service to Local System instead of leaving it on Local Service (following a one of many guides I looked at in the interim) while dicking around with the start/stop/restart shit.

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
I was « playing » (actually watching the cutscenes and pressing two buttons) Yakuza 7 and realized after an hour that the game was in 4k. I have a 1440p monitor, wonder why the games are in 4k sometimes.

2 gifts from an anonymous user

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 2 gifts from an anonymous user!

This is a lightning raffle that will expire in 1 hour. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Fibrillation HD - Won by gmanvg (1 entry)
  • Steam Steam: Fibrillation HD - Won by Kifimbo Kifimbo (2 entries)

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
I cant really understand how dumb some people are.
As you might know R18 games on Steam are locked in some countries and there was some trick to still add them to the cart and buy them. But of course then instead of posting how to do it via DMs, make threads on Reddit and then youtube videos.
Valve fixed that...

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
people want some sort of e-fame or whatever you wanna call it, if you know something and care about it you shouldn't really share it with anyone else tbh, at least it'll stay usable for as long as possible

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
people want some sort of e-fame or whatever you wanna call it, if you know something and care about it you shouldn't really share it with anyone else tbh, at least it'll stay usable for as long as possible

Its just so dumb, because if you do those tutorials I assume you would live in that country too but by making public videos you also destroy your chances to get them. And this is what happened now. No way for anyone in these countries to actually legally buy those games.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I enjoyed it but it's definitely overrated around these parts.

That said, I have a friend who said "that's it?" and it turned out he thought those fake credits were the end of the game lol.

To be honest reaching real ones wasn't much better XD You more-less repeated same thing to reach real ones.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
I think thats the problem with a SCP game in general. They just tried to cram so many mysteries in it without really explaining them.

"Here is this gadget that can take you to some Twin Peak-esque dimension. Why? It just does."
"This is another gadget and it can let you teleport but you need to go through hell."

I read all the lore stuff I found but even then it was more like a "Lost" situation where they put int so much just because they can.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I think thats the problem with a SCP game in general. They just tried to cram so many mysteries in it without really explaining them.

"Here is this gadget that can take you to some Twin Peak-esque dimension. Why? It just does."
"This is another gadget and it can let you teleport but you need to go through hell."

I read all the lore stuff I found but even then it was more like a "Lost" situation where they put int so much just because they can.

Yeah nothing in this game has start and finish. They were just building and building and building towards something and that something never showed up. Whatever you read and hear in game it is just part of something. Add to that documents that are censored too. Quantum Break was more satisfying, yes game ended on cliffhanger but at least story was coherent and had its starts and endings.

Status
Not open for further replies.