• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

98tT02E.png

Arkham Horror: Mother's Embrace
- Uzzy - Out 23rd March

Inspired by the really quite excellent Arkham Horror Board Game, this investigation/turn based combat game sees you explore a Lovecraftian style mystery in the 1920s, going to such locations as Miskatonic University, Arkham Asylum and the Louisiana Bayou, battling cultists and monsters that threaten not just your investigators health, but their sanity as well.

Cyanide & Happiness - Freakpocalypse
- Uzzy - Out 11th March

From the creators of Cyanide & Happiness and I-Mockery, comes an all new point-an-click adventure game filled with dark humour, drama, and all the weirdness you've grown to love and/or dread over the years!

Disco Elysium - The Final Cut
- Uzzy - Out March?

Winner of our own 2019 GOTY Poll, Disco Elysium returns with a new definitive edition, a free upgrade for everyone, adding in new political quests, new characters, new clothes, new cutscenes, a whole new area and full voice acting for every line. Which is a lot. The term masterpiece gets thrown around a lot but Disco Elysium truly deserves it, an RPG that makes you explore the inner workings of your character, an amnesiac detective and wreck of a man, as much as the world around you, the decaying, disgraced city of Revachol, both still bearing the scars of battles lost. Define your character in a number of different ways, madman, prophet, effete art snob, fascist, scourge of the ruling class or even, dios mio, a liberal. Find out who you are and maybe solve a murder along the way. Or remain an absolute wreck of a human being. The choice is yours.

Evil Genius 2: World Domination
- Uzzy - Out 31st March

Evil Genius 2 is a satirical spy-fi lair builder, where players take control of an Evil Genius and set their plans for world domination in motion. When it feels this good to be bad, the Forces of Justice don't stand a chance!

Build your own unique evil lair and cover operation, Train a force of criminal minions, Defend your Lair from the Forces of Justice, and Dominate the world with a Doomsday Device in this direct sequel to the 2004 cult classic!

Forza Horizon 4
- Uzzy - Out 9th March on Steam

The first Forza game to come to Steam. FH4 sees you race around the mean streets of Britain, dodging TERFs, Tories, Bad Weather and Inedible Food in equal measure. Over four hundred and fifty vehicles are yours to drive in lovingly rendered locations, with dynamic weather constantly changing the conditions. Race around a shared world, with other players on the map with you.

It Takes Two
- Oinone - Out 26th March

It all started with the truly wonderful "Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons", where you control two characters at once, but play alone - yet cry for two. Then humble guy Josef Fares took things to another level with "A Way Out", his first real co-op game, where you play with a friend, both of you controlling their own character, who need to work together to escape prison.
This concept is now continued in "It Takes Two". Cody's and May's relationship is crumbling and as if that wouldn't be bad enough already, they are magically transferred into two small puppets of their daughter. In style of "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids" the troubled couple now has to find their way through the huge world around them, forced to work together. Their journey leads them through different colourful and fantastic areas, all with their own gameplay ideas, full of platforming and puzzles. Hook up with a friend via remote play and start the craziest couple therapy possible.
Can this marriage be saved?

Kingdom Hearts (all of it)
- Uzzy - Out 30th March on EGS

The apparently legendary Square Enix/Disney RPG series is now on PC for the first time, solely thanks to our wonderful friends at Epic of course.

Look I'm a real weeb and I have no idea what this series is even about other than having Disney characters, including MOTHERFUCKING MIKE WAZOWSKI, star/cameo in overly serious RPG anime nonsense. Also key blades and kingdom hearts and norting and the darkness.

Loop Hero
- Uzzy - Out 4th March

From developer Four Quarters and published by Devolver Digital, this RPG/Card Game sees you battling The Lich who has thrown the world into a timeless loop and plunged its inhabitants into never ending chaos. Wield an expanding deck of mystical cards to place enemies, buildings, and terrain along each unique expedition loop for the brave hero. Recover and equip powerful loot for each class of hero for their battles and expand the survivors' camp to reinforce each adventure through the loop. Unlock new classes, new cards, and devious guardians on your quest to shatter the endless cycle of despair.

Maquette
- Uzzy - Out 2nd March

Developed by Graceful Decay and published by Annapurna Interactive, Maquette is a first-person recursive puzzle game that takes you into a world where every building, plant, and object are simultaneously tiny and staggeringly huge. Maquette makes it possible by twisting the world into itself recursively in an MC Escher-esque fashion. In Maquette you will explore the scales of everyday problems in a modern-day love story. Where sometimes the smallest of issues can become insurmountable obstacles. Head to the centre of the world and you'll feel like a giant, towering over buildings and walls. But venture further out, and start to feel small as things get larger and larger - to the point where cracks in the ground become chasms.

Mundaun
- Uzzy - Out 16th March

A beautifully hand drawn psychological horror game, developers Hidden Fields take you on a journey to the Alps, exploring green meadows and snowy peaks while searching for the secret behind your grandfather's death.

Pascal's Wager: Definitive Edition
- Uzzy - Out 12th March

Not just a morally bankrupt and cowardly philosophical argument for believing in God, Pascal's Wager is also a Souls-Like third person action game that was pretty well regarded when released on iPhone last year. Now it's come to PC.

The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante
- Uzzy - Out 4th March

From developers Sever, The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante is a narrative-driven RPG that comes to life on the pages of the protagonist's journal. Set in a ruthless world where any form of dissent is mercilessly crushed, the story follows a man who has dared to challenge the existing order. Set out on a lifelong journey and become an individual able to carve out their own destiny... But remember that freedom never comes cheap. It would appear to have a great deal of choice and consequence as you chart your own path through Sir Brante's life. You can try out the demo of the first two chapters here.

Total War: THREE KINGDOMS - Fates Divided
- Uzzy - Out 11th March

The latest DLC for Three Kingdoms sees a new start date of 200 CE, focusing on the conflict between Yuan Shao and Cao Cao, leading to the pivotal Battle of Guandu. It also adds in new mechanics for Liu Yan, who's ambition is to build a lasting legacy for his son and heir Liu Zhang.

fVKnZ1g.png

Yakuza 6: The Song of Life - Mugen - Out 25th March

The grand finale of the story arc surrounding Kazuma Kiryu arrives on Steam towards the end of the month. Compared with previous parts in the series, Kazuma is the only playable character, equipped with only his single trademark "Dragon of Dojima" fighting style. Having just been released from a three-year prison sentence, he learns that his adopted daughter Haruka has been hospitalized, sometime after the touching end of Yakuza 5. She has also just given birth to a little boy that Kazuma must tend to while unravelling what has happened. The Song of Life takes place in the port town of Onomichi and Tokyo red light district Kamurocho, which will be the center stage as usual. Besides the main quest we can of course expect the usual plethora of quirky side quests and mini games to waste countless hours on. Some notable new mini games include gym training, spearfishing and building a cat café. Yakuza 6 accumulated an average review score of about 83/100, and while it might not be considered the best of the series, it will surely be emotional and a must-play for those that have by now struck down thousands of thugs on the streets of Kamurocho over the past six mainline entires.

gK65o0a.png

E8iocYH.png

Resident Evil 3 - Uzzy

I mostly wanted to highly the excellent work done by Gemini on his 'Classic Rebirth' series, which has already made RE1/2 and Dino Crisis play wonderfully on modern PCs. Resident Evil 3 is currently in the works, a video of which you can see below. Will it be out this month? I sure hope so, but if not we'll just have to do this in September.

Players making their last escape:

JIfmoDo.png

Disco Elysium: The Final Cut
- Uzzy

'That's not what the figurines do, Harry.'

Worlds worst detectives who know The Figurines Won't Win Her Back:

GxAoYEU.png

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales. There's a dedicated thread for that!
  • NO ANIME/J-ROCK/POP. :(
  • Maybe try not to drive posters away for sharing their thoughts on video games, alright? If you're not wanting to purchase a game for any reason, and someone discusses it in entirely unrelated terms, you don't necessarily have to tell them that you're not going to purchase it for that reason. I know that's something I could do better myself. That's not to say you can't discuss that reason, of course, you just don't have to every time someone mentions a game in an unrelated context.

LfFWMTH.png

Xv7uIjB.png

The SteamERA Community was founded on Discord on October 2017, a stranded bunch of SteamGAF who united together and embraced on what we thought was the end of times. However as more people joined we found hope and soon started to formulate and plan for the future. This thread would not be possible without the community we have on Discord and I encourage all of you to join if you have not.

You can join this amazing community on Discord with this link:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Disco Elysium - The Final Cut may or may not come out this March, but whenever it does I'm going to plug it shamelessly.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Ooh Yakuza 6, I'm still catching up with the other games (currently at Kiwami 2) so that will have to wait.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
NieR doesn't come out till next month. What's even the point of a new thread right now?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Bought Valheim last week and proceeded to refund it less than an hour later (both performance issues and the game not grabbing me at first)

but now I feel like buying it again... I'm an idiot. These tweeks sound good for my system tho:

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
that loop hero game is gonna be good i cant wait

you should try the demo if it looks even remotely interesting to you

deck builder/rpg/sim city/idle game

its wild

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Thanks for the thread!

I'll probably start Heavensward this month and play some more Mega Drive games from the collection.

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
Cool thread!

Loop Hero already pre-ordered after a solid demo.

Already own Disco Elysium but will finally play it now with The Final Cut.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Nice OP.

My mains atm are Plague Tale and Manifold Garden. It's disappointing that Plague doesn't support ultrawide.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
ooh, new thread.

Really tempted to pick up Foregone once it's out on GOG tomorrow. The demo in the last Steam festival was ace.

Pascal's Wager I recall seeing in some youtube video about low-profile soulslikes, and it looked pretty insane, design-wise. Curious to see how well that translates to PC.

Of course, I'm also starting renovations tomorrow, so there probably won't be much gaming in my life for the next while...

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
So after almost 15 years i started to re-play Final Fantasy XII because, why not. It´s incredible how well this game holds up and its amazing that for being so old it looks better than a lot of modern jrpgs. Truly the last great Final Fantasy game.

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Cyanide and Happiness have a video game?

What years is it? 2008?

Great thread as always!

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
The bulk of the voice acting in Disco Elyisum - The Final Cut will be the narration, and for the narrator they chose the guy who did the voiceover for the game's trailers:

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
still no word on Control in the monthly being Ultimate or not?

steamdb.info

Control Ultimate Edition · AppID: 870780

Winner of over 80 awards, Control is a visually stunning third-person action-adventure that will keep you on the edge of your seat. Control Ultimate Edition Steam charts, data, update history.

As you see they are adding a base game and separate DLC. So it isn't gonna be the ult version.

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
Great job on the thread as always. Probably going to be a backlog month for me, but will replay Disco Elysium if Final Cut does come out this month.

For my achievement:
QQjYLOQ.png

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
steamdb.info

Control Ultimate Edition · AppID: 870780

Winner of over 80 awards, Control is a visually stunning third-person action-adventure that will keep you on the edge of your seat. Control Ultimate Edition Steam charts, data, update history.

As you see they are adding a base game and separate DLC. So it isn't gonna be the ult version.
Humble Bundle's blog list the game as "Control" only, so I think it's safe to assume that it's the base game. I hope it at least supports Complete Your Collection on Steam.
stop crushing my dreams

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
After reliving fond Wii U memories of Need for Speed: Most Wanted over the weekend I decided to try out the newest game, Need for Speed Heat, as I'm signed up for EA's subscription service.

So who's the wise guy that decided that racing games needed story and characters? Just drop me in a car and let me drive, dammit. Ended up uninstalling that nonsense about fifteen minutes in.

Oh well, back to Most Wanted until Forza hits Steam. Here's some of my terrible gameplay because I just had to test out the Series X controller's share button.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
After reliving fond Wii U memories of Need for Speed: Most Wanted over the weekend I decided to try out the newest game, Need for Speed Heat, as I'm signed up for EA's subscription service.

So who's the wise guy that decided that racing games needed story and characters? Just drop me in a car and let me drive, dammit. Ended up uninstalling that nonsense about fifteen minutes in.

Oh well, back to Most Wanted until Forza hits Steam. Here's some of my terrible gameplay because I just had to test out the Series X controller's share button.

There is only around 3-4 hours worthy of story missions in NFS Heat, there's about 100 other events that are just regular races.

eZipsis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Excited for this month. Not that I will have time to play many games as my wife and I just had our second boy today.

Was thinking of starting Disco this month, hopefully both boys nap at the same time so I can get atleast a couple of hours over the month.
Still working on Hitman 2 aswell. I should finish that on time to play 3 next year on Steam haha.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
So how does the monthly challenge work? Just post a screenshot of the achievement? If so;

Dsbx8ye.jpg

Indeed!

screenshot25ojo9.png

Couldn't win her back :(

Real darkness indeed!

Great job on the thread as always. Probably going to be a backlog month for me, but will replay Disco Elysium if Final Cut does come out this month.

For my achievement:
QQjYLOQ.png

Thank you! And yeah, if Final Cut comes out this month I'm playing it for sure. There's some other appealing stuff but mostly the indie titles.

Also added you all to the OP!

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Loop Hero, Maquette and BoI Repentance make this a good month.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Covid kept me from it in January, Cyberpunk kept me from it in February, but March will see Assassins Creed Valhalla beaten!

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Covid kept me from it in January, Cyberpunk kept me from it in February, but March will see Assassins Creed Valhalla beaten!
Your honest thoughts on Cyberpunk? I played it for an hour at launch and enjoyed it, and it ran well on my 3080. But the negative feedback surrounding the game put me off continuing with it. Is it worth me putting in the time to complete the story at least?

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Your honest thoughts on Cyberpunk? I played it for an hour at launch and enjoyed it, and it ran well on my 3080. But the negative feedback surrounding the game put me off continuing with it. Is it worth me putting in the time to complete the story at least?
Driving is slippery. Some mods address it, but it's like CDPR heard my complaints about GTA4's shitty driving -- cars are lumbering and don't handle well -- and overcorrected in the opposite direction -- cars aren't lumbering enough and you will slide around a lot during turns. Motorcycles seem to handle fine, though.

General combat is great. Moving and shooting are top notch, melee is better than 99% of shooters. But since most shooters have shoulder/rife bashes, that's not too hard. AI is standard but has too many brain dead moments in combat.

Stereotypes galore. All of the stuff about CDPR being obnoxious, tone deaf, and so on have plenty of validity to it and people were right to be upset and suspicious from the onset. A lot of it seems like they look the genre itself, took GTA and Saints Row, and then either forgot things were supposed to be satirical or they tried too hard to be satirical and slid into offensive. And then other moments just seem like some of the staff are just pieces of shit.

But the above complaints are only a handful, but attract notoriety because there's no setup for it and none of it is really in line with the character. One interaction has V ask a street vendor if they food was real food, which would be fine if that was an option for more than one vendor, but it was only one vendor, and the vendor was wearing one of those stereotypical straw field hats. But then that'll be it until you wander into a clothing shop and you can question the salesperson about their weight.

It's like they had one edgelord writer write some shit and everyone was too busy dealing with the shitty crunch to call them out on it. Then you have the stereotypical accents from the culturally diverse people, but that's an issue that plagues everything in general. And it's annoying, but that I don't hold as a critique about the package in general.

But then there's the story, which has some of the best character moments in gaming, period. There's a moment in the middle of the game where a bunch of characters are sharing stories and based on some responses from maybe 15-30 minutes prior, another character will just chime in in a subtle, realistic way that's touching. Literally any other game would've made that little interaction a "moment", where everyone stops and then acknowledges what happened in dramatic fashion. Side characters, main characters, everyone feels real, even if they're adhering to cartoony archetypes.

Bugs aside, it's a game you definitely will play viewing it in a different light with all of the controversy, and rightly so because CDPR fucked up and fucked up large and small. But the story is a lovely ride.

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
Forza Horizon 4 is fantastic aside from the cutscenes you can't skip and a bit too much crap after the race before you get to drive again. Driving feels great both with gamepad and a wheel, the map is nice to drive in with changing seasons as the major new feature. Also visually and technically marvelous game. It's interesting see how it does in Steam 2.5 years after the original release, for some reason I'm expecting it to hit and sustain unreasonably high concurrent player counts, like 50-100k.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Driving is slippery. Some mods address it, but it's like CDPR heard my complaints about GTA4's shitty driving -- cars are lumbering and don't handle well -- and overcorrected in the opposite direction -- cars aren't lumbering enough and you will slide around a lot during turns. Motorcycles seem to handle fine, though.

General combat is great. Moving and shooting are top notch, melee is better than 99% of shooters. But since most shooters have shoulder/rife bashes, that's not too hard. AI is standard but has too many brain dead moments in combat.

Stereotypes galore. All of the stuff about CDPR being obnoxious, tone deaf, and so on have plenty of validity to it and people were right to be upset and suspicious from the onset. A lot of it seems like they look the genre itself, took GTA and Saints Row, and then either forgot things were supposed to be satirical or they tried too hard to be satirical and slid into offensive. And then other moments just seem like some of the staff are just pieces of shit.

But the above complaints are only a handful, but attract notoriety because there's no setup for it and none of it is really in line with the character. One interaction has V ask a street vendor if they food was real food, which would be fine if that was an option for more than one vendor, but it was only one vendor, and the vendor was wearing one of those stereotypical straw field hats. But then that'll be it until you wander into a clothing shop and you can question the salesperson about their weight.

It's like they had one edgelord writer write some shit and everyone was too busy dealing with the shitty crunch to call them out on it. Then you have the stereotypical accents from the culturally diverse people, but that's an issue that plagues everything in general. And it's annoying, but that I don't hold as a critique about the package in general.

But then there's the story, which has some of the best character moments in gaming, period. There's a moment in the middle of the game where a bunch of characters are sharing stories and based on some responses from maybe 15-30 minutes prior, another character will just chime in in a subtle, realistic way that's touching. Literally any other game would've made that little interaction a "moment", where everyone stops and then acknowledges what happened in dramatic fashion. Side characters, main characters, everyone feels real, even if they're adhering to cartoony archetypes.

Bugs aside, it's a game you definitely will play viewing it in a different light with all of the controversy, and rightly so because CDPR fucked up and fucked up large and small. But the story is a lovely ride.
Ah thanks for your detailed thoughts. Very much appreciated.

Kiru

Oct 25, 2017
Forza Horizon 4 is fantastic aside from the cutscenes you can't skip and a bit too much crap after the race before you get to drive again. Driving feels great both with gamepad and a wheel, the map is nice to drive in with changing seasons as the major new feature. Also visually and technically marvelous game. It's interesting see how it does in Steam 2.5 years after the original release, for some reason I'm expecting it to hit and sustain unreasonably high concurrent player counts, like 50-100k.
Also annoying as hell if want to get rid off any background/radio music (if you had enough of it after countless hours). You can only lower the volume to 1 (probably some shitty deal with the artists) and have to turn on Streamer Mode so it doesn't play anymore music during loading times (otherwise at volume 1). And to make it more annoying, Streamer Mode gets deactivated everytime you restart the game!

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Felt burned out, and needed something chill to play.

So I started Yoku's Island Express, and it's lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.