• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018

I called it'd be coming before Yakuza 6.

SEGA would be really dumb to port Yakuza 6 before Kiwami 2 lol

Also, i don't expect 3,4 and 5 before Yakuza 6.
It's either wait a couple of years for 3,4,5 and then Yakuza 6 or release Yakuza 6 after Kiwami 2 and 3,4,5 after.

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017

E6bBMnr.jpg

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
FGt5TAB.png

was sekiro written by hideo kojima or something

game has definitely 'clicked' for me, and it's definitely gotten a whole lot easier. it's a matter of unlearning a few dark souls and a ton of bloodborne habits, but you don't kill those instincts quick. it's been a struggle and i was a bit unsure at first, but i think after genichiro it's been just so much fun

this game really is its own thing. not just the verticality and the pacing of the combat but as i've pushed further i really appreciate how it just straightforwardly tells a story, with characters and cutscenes and it's easy to follow and you're just directed where to go. but at the same time, it does let you do things out of order (i think? i haven't tried but i've found so many locations way before i was tasked with finding them) and there is still mystery and a lot of space for speculation

really loving it right now, it's exactly what i wanted out of from

if kiwami 1 hadn't killed all my love for the series maybe i'd be excited -.-

Which Yakuza game is it? Kiwami 2?
asking for a friend?

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
Sekiro has really clicked for me now as well. It may make me eat these words later but I think I may be better at it than I am with any of the Souls game in a first playthrough.

The hardest part of learning the game was getting into having a jump button in combat, I kept instinctively trying to "roll through" sweep attacks Dark Souls style.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
Kiwami 2 is based on Yakuza 6's gameplay and minigames tho.

Unlike 0 --> Kiwami, Kiwami --> Kiwami 2 actually represents an evolution in the franchise.

If you enjoyed Brutal Legend, Kiwami 2 and Y6 even have RTS gameplay

yeah but i really don't feel like playing these games anymore. it'll take a while for me to get interest in them again

if anything i feel more curious about the ps2 games than these shitty remakes

Sekiro has really clicked for me now as well. It may make me eat these words later but I think I may be better at it than I am with any of the Souls game in a first playthrough.

The hardest part of learning the game was getting into having a jump button in combat, I kept instinctively trying to "roll through" sweep attacks Dark Souls style.
dodging being one tool in your dodging arsenal rather than THE tool is definitely the biggest hurdle to get used to, specially since i was playing bloodborne before this and you don't even have roll in that one

i won't say i'm better at this than the other games cos i'm trash at every single one!

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
What's the easiest and safest way to use a VPN for Steam? I have a gift copy of Wolfenstein Young Blood waiting that I can't activate without VPN.

I used FlyVPN for the other Wolfenstein games but they don't seem to have a test account that you can use anymore. Don't want to register anywhere.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
yeah but i really don't feel like playing these games anymore. it'll take a while for me to get interest in them again

if anything i feel more curious about the ps2 games than these shitty remakes

dodging being one tool in your dodging arsenal rather than THE tool is definitely the biggest hurdle to get used to, specially since i was playing bloodborne before this and you don't even have roll in that one

i won't say i'm better at this than the other games cos i'm trash at every single one!
Well Y2 on PS2 is really when the series started getting good. If you ever get the chance to play it do consider it. You can use a PS2 emulator to run it quite well.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
"Yakuza Kiwami 2 for PC has been rated by the ESRB"

Nice to have confirmation! Glad SEGA has embraced PC.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
What's the easiest and safest way to use a VPN for Steam? I have a gift copy of Wolfenstein Young Blood waiting that I can't activate without VPN.

I used FlyVPN for the other Wolfenstein games but they don't seem to have a test account that you can use anymore. Don't want to register anywhere.
You're pretty much out of luck then

Willin

Oct 28, 2017
I know I'm like two years late to the party but Divinity Original Sin II is a fucking good ass video game.

Deleted member 4044

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

How do you expect to use a service without registering for it?

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
As much as i hate David Cage games tho, the buddycop storyline between Hank and the stuck up android is actually legit fun.
With less of Cage's shitty slavery
and holocaust
writing and more of that, the game coulda even been good.

C4rter

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Already fixed. Damn it, I was so close. But it did not load in webclient and when it was loading it wanted to have my payment details.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
They must have noticed that people were actually buying stuff from their store 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.