• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Borderlands 2 would be the biggest EGS exclusive yet (ignoring fortnite obviously) and it's certainly a game epic would want in their service, precisely because it is also gaas with a long support timeframe.

I can totally see them shelling out their biggest cheque yet

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017

Picked up Kenshi and dropped a few hours into it last night.

Really positive first impressions. I loves me a game with a lot of crunch under the hood and this thing has it in spades. A sandbox with limitless possibilities.

Went kinda off the deep end with Workshop mods and installed like 30+ based on suggestions from the Era Kenshi thread, lol.

Thumbs way up so far.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Honestly, I could see Borderlands going either way. I'm sure Pitchford wants EGS exclusivity, but no doubt 2K wants to sell copies of the game along with plenty of MTX. I don't know if Epic would pay enough for 2K to ignore the Steam audience. They certainly have the cash, but I think this deal would be really expensive. Of course, they are also wasting a ton of money right now. So...who knows?
I think 2K know they can always fall back on the console market if Epic isn't a success. Not to mention they could always bring it to Steam 1 year later and it'll still do gangbusters.

There's no denying that either way, Borderlands 3 will be one of the best selling games of this year.

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
I think 2K know they can always fall back on the console market if Epic isn't a success. Not to mention they could always bring it to Steam 1 year later and it'll still do gangbusters.

There's no denying that either way, Borderlands 3 will be one of the best selling games of this year.
Yeah. That's definitely true about consoles. I guess we'll see later on today what's gonna happen.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Valve needs to pull an EGS and do a secret under the table deal right before the conference goes live! (Not exclusivity but just to have the game on Steam like Bethesda)

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually think they might not be able to get Borderlands 3 for one reason: let's face it, Borderlands 3 will be filled with microtransactions. The Epic client is barely able to hand even regular DLCs right now, much less MTXs for third party games. Unless 2K also comes out with a client of their own they will include with the EGS version I think BL3 might be safe.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I actually think they might not be able to get Borderlands 3 for one reason: let's face it, Borderlands 3 will be filled with microtransactions. The Epic client is barely able to hand even regular DLCs right now, much less MTXs for third party games. Unless 2K also comes out with a client of their own they will include with the EGS version I think BL3 might be safe.

I could actually see 2K putting out a client with BL3 as their launch title. It wont end well (Bethesda.net) but it makes sense.

tmarg

Oct 25, 2017
Kalamazoo
I'm not convinced BL3 will be that big. There are much better developers working in the genre now. And Presequel didn't do that well, if I remember correctly. I'd probably put it about on par with metro, a big deal relative to the other stuff Epic has gotten, but there are plenty of bigger games out there.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
You're probably right. The Division 2's MTX is handled by Uplay, the Epic store version is only a gateway to purchase the game. I heard that you can even play the game without Epic launcher.

Now, unless Gearbox announced their own launcher/service with Borderlands 3 announcement, they won't be able to serve the MTX feature of the game with Epic store.

Edit: Oh, I see arts&crafts is thinking the same thing.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
MTX support is supposed to be coming in the Epic Overlay, which was in the 6 months slot of their timeline.

Otherwise, they can always make their own infrastructure for 100% of mtx which they probably prefer.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I'm not convinced BL3 will be that big
Nah, it will definitely be huge. BL2 is still up there in the most played Steam games day in day out. I wouldn't compare The Pre-Sequel to a game people have been waiting 7 years for.

Borderlands 3 coming to EGS will definitely be a megaton and like other users in this thread put it, their biggest get yet.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
apparently Operencia is a xbox/window gamepass day 1 (I only knew about the xbox part) so it's actually not exclusive to EGS at all.

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017

Picked up Kenshi and dropped a few hours into it last night.

Really positive first impressions. I loves me a game with a lot of crunch under the hood and this thing has it in spades. A sandbox with limitless possibilities.

Went kinda off the deep end with Workshop mods and installed like 30+ based on suggestions from the Era Kenshi thread, lol.

Thumbs way up so far.

How janky is it?
It looks good but I'm afraid it'd be too janky for my taste.

Are we talking initial release Mount & Blade or Mount & Blade: Warband?

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Speaking of Borderlands, I have both 1 and 2 from a past bundle. Is Borderlands 1 worth playing or is it one of those games that's been superseded in every sense by its sequel? (though there are rumors of a BL1 remaster but odds are it won't be free to current PC owners if Bulletstorm is any indication)

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Speaking of Borderlands, I have both 1 and 2 from a past bundle. Is Borderlands 1 worth playing or is it one of those games that's been superseded in every sense by its sequel? (though there are rumors of a BL1 remaster but odds are it won't be free to current PC owners if Bulletstorm is any indication)

it is not. 2 and Pre-Sequel are tho. I actually prefer Pre-Sequel but I'm weird.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Going back to 1 after playing 2 is going to be nigh impossible. The QoL improvements in 2 especially with the UI makes going back to 1 really difficult which is why I'm hoping the remaster sorts out stuff like the broken head hitboxes, awful UI etc.

Literally everything in Borderlands 1 doesn't really matter for the most part, the only things that show up in the games that come after it are the characters. You can tell Gearbox weren't expecting it to be such a major hit as the game is really lacking in a lot of areas especially the final third of the game. Gunplay in BL2 is also wayyyyyy better, it's just a lot faster which I prefer.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
Are 100% EGS exclusive games unable to be played in China period?

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Are 100% EGS exclusive games unable to be played in China period?
EGS geolocks China, so yeah, unless you use non-legal methods.

Edit: My guess about the geolock is that EGS is an evolution of the Fortnite launcher, which due to how stringent laws are on F2P games in there (and how Tencent is the one that controls the game there), they geolocked China.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
I dont think microtransactions are an argument against EGS exclusivity, there's plenty of games that do that on their own.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I"m sure BL3 is going to have some sort of Gold Edition with expansions/new characters.
So it'd be interesting to have that included with it, much like Far Cry 5 included Far Cry 3. So you have something to play before the game is out.
This would be wild but imagine them including BL remaster + BL2 + Tales

I'd imagine they'd want people who haven't played Tales to check it out considering characters from it appear in BL3.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
How janky is it?
It looks good but I'm afraid it'd be too janky for my taste.

Are we talking initial release Mount & Blade or Mount & Blade: Warband?

I haven't encountered any bugs or anything. But then again I've only scratched the surface.

In terms of jank the only dings I'd give it is an unwieldy camera and poor NPC pathfinding. Neither of these bothered me in the least, but I could see some being sensitive to it.

Still, you have to know upfront that this game was made by one guy over a 12 year period. So that's gonna bring baggage in that one person typically isn't the master of all elements of game design & production. Graphics look dated, but that's counterbalanced by visually interesting environmental design. Stuff like that.

You could always check out the demo here. I read someone on the Steam forum say they put like 10 hours in without even finishing it and just decided to buy the game instead.

EDIT:

Sorry but I don't have any experience with M&B so I can't compare.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017

They'll find a way. BL3 is EGS exclusive, I'm sure of it. Might also be a definitive exclusive here.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
I remember when people were excited for PAX, E3, TGS etc.
Now they are all afraid Sergei will steal all the games.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
What if this is all a misdirection, a magician's trick- and we are in for a Battleborn 2 announcement ?

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
So, I'm replaying Pandora Tomorrow and, am I braindead or this game really is linear as hell? I still enjoy it quite a lot but linear level design is a big no-no in stealth games to me, especially if I want to go with the non-lethal approach.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
So, I'm replaying Pandora Tomorrow and, am I braindead or this game really is linear as hell? I still enjoy it quite a lot but linear level design is a big no-no in stealth games to me, especially if I want to go with the non-lethal approach.

I recently played SC1, 2, and CT and the first two are indeed very linear. You look at some of the top players and it's effectively all of them doing the same tactics for their runs. Chaos Theory was when it finally got shook up.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
I recently played SC1, 2, and CT and the first two are indeed very linear. You look at some of the top players and it's effectively all of them doing the same tactics for their runs. Chaos Theory was when it finally got shook up.
Yeah, I think it's still possible to do non-lethal, but there're some encounters where 2 mobs are standing at the end of a hallway there's no place to hide and you're forced snipe them from the distance.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
How's Grim Dawn?

See it's on sale and thinking now might be a good time to jump in

Status
Not open for further replies.