• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
You think that by posting that we won't be suspecting you huh?

giphy.gif

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can only talk for my region but before the Vampire banner went up for some reason Vampire 2 was in the chinese topsellers, even though I thought thats not really a game Chinese would like. Could see it being popular.
huh... didn't know that Bloodlines 2 is getting a Simplified Chinese localisation (alongside Japanese and Russian). Guess that would completely rule out EGS exclusivity.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
there is a reason devs ask to wishlist games all the time I guess.
Yep, feeding wishlists is one of the most important things to get on the frontpage.

I remember some devs aiming for a specific figure (50?) which seemed to be "about enough" to get on the popular new list, and another number (5000?) to get a feature, but it was some time ago and Valve always denied the existence of such a rule.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
If Galyonkin is browsing Era we should probably stop talking about how excited we are about upcoming games ...

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
If Galyonkin is browsing Era we should probably stop talking about how excited we are about upcoming games ...
hmm, that's int^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H

I am so happy that Fallout 76 is coming to Steam after all! If Epic would have snatched it off exclusively to EGS, Bethesda launcher or not, I would probably feel unable to not give in.

zoku88

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, I only use the wishlist for already released games, since valve sends an email when they're on sale.

Didn't think Valve actually used it to change what they put out in front of users.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am so happy that Fallout 76 is coming to Steam after all! If Epic would have snatched it off exclusively to EGS, Bethesda launcher or not, I would probably feel unable to not give in.
I thought everyone agreed that Fallout 76 sucks?
Huh, I only use the wishlist for already released games, since valve sends an email when they're on sale.

Didn't think Valve actually used it to change what they put out in front of users.
Precisely how the algorithm works are unknown, as Valve doesn't want devs to game the system. With that said, there are rules of thumb, and "get loads of wishlists pre-launch" is one of them.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
When do you all think we hear anything new about PC VR headsets? I'm looking into buying one this year and would prefer it being a newer model. I know about the new Oculus but fuck Facebook.

With CES and GDC completed, I wouldn't count on much of anything else being revealed this year. Those are the two biggies and they're done for the year.

Always the chance for some wildcard (with Valve being the wildest), but I wouldn't count on it. Even if Valve were to officially acknowledge they were working on one, nothing in their history suggests they could reveal and ship in the same calendar year. We'll honestly be lucky if 2019 is the year Knuckles finally releases.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Heh, got jumped on a few days ago on twitter because I mentioned Epic is paying press for good PR. Of course it was a Ubisoft employee.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
It does. In loading screens rofl.
I read that detail randomly in a loading screen. Just like reading about holding down the dpad on either right or left automatically goes to the first item you have equipped. My mind was blown.
It does in the loading screen hints. Not sure why not anywhere more prominent.
i alt tab during loading screens cos i'm a millenial and have to go on social media and check if someone is talking about me

If you want drama, just read the comments on the KS update, I'm sure there's some there. :p
well i don't like Gamers drama, i just like the phoenix devs explaining hilariously explaining the 19 new things that went wrong and how in the world they haven't found a dumb programmer yet lol

at this point i'll just code it myself c'mon, you can buy a lot of argie pesos with that kickstarter money

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
There is no way to find out which account is Tim's, right?

By the way, which upcoming Steam games are you looking forward to? In my case, Shenmue III and Disco Elysium...

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
I still remember when they ignored GDPR privacy laws in EU...
Then spied on Steam...

I guess what he really means is, smaller competitors can't afford to ignore laws due to fines, but Epic can just pay fines if they get caught enough times.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
Our Chinese saviors preparing their talking points for their landing assault against Facebook.
imma risk a bit of flak here and just comment i find this sort of statement fairly offensive

if you have concerns about tencent or the chinese government please use the proper wording because "chinese" is not an insult

sorry if you feel singled out, but your post in particular i found very unpleasant

there's a version of the argument you want to make that doesn't involve calling people out by their country of birth

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
So they went with honoring Season Pass owners and UPlay exclusivity.

Hard to say. I jumped on the Uplay site to get a screenshot of the system requirements for the PC performance thread, but, uh, there's no store page for the PC version. It's as though Ubi is meeting itself halfway between releasing the remaster on PC and its history of not releasing remasters on PC.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
I still remember when they ignored GDPR privacy laws in EU...
Then spied on Steam...

I guess what he really means is, smaller competitors can't afford to ignore laws due to fines, but Epic can just pay fines if they get caught enough times.

There will be two levels of fines based on the GDPR. The first is up to €10 million or2% of the company's global annual turnover of the previous financial year, whichever is higher. The second is up to €20 million or 4% of the company's global annual turnover of the previous financial year, whichever is higher.

I am fine with it if Epic wants to finance the EU

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Speaking of Ubi things, it has recently replaced the Uplay library image for AC3R with one that does not even so much as allude to Liberation HD. I can only assume it hasn't been remastered (re-remastered?), just integrated into 3R in some way, probably as an alternate campaign a la the Aveline DLC in Black Flag.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
imma risk a bit of flak here and just comment i find this sort of statement fairly offensive

if you have concerns about tencent or the chinese government please use the proper wording because "chinese" is not an insult

sorry if you feel singled out, but your post in particular i found very unpleasant

there's a version of the argument you want to make that doesn't involve calling people out by their country of birth

Sorry. Definitely should have been worded better. I have nothing against the people of any country. I simply meant it was rich for a company that's heavily owned by a communist government (with awful policies on privacy and data tracking) to be calling out Facebook's privacy policies. Agree that it was poor wording on my part.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Hmmm I don't trust the press on coop games. But mainly the setting has me really excited.
I just fear this game flies under the radar and no one will play it.
yeah I literally am in love with simon stålenhag's and the similarities to that with this game have had me very excited from the start, I am really hoping it's good I am looking forward to hearing more from people getting into it.
But yeah I really hope it is able to find an audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.