• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I just bought an Xbox Elite Controller... Are there any good ressources online for people to share profiles and settings for specific games?

There's profiles in the official app but there's like 5 games in there or something (and weirdly enough... I think they are all available on the Windows Store...hmmm weird coincidence lol).

Arulan

Oct 25, 2017
We already know about the VR games in development, one of which is Half-Life VR. I can't wait for VR games not to count though.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China

Nzyme32 posted that:

sigh... source is VNN, who had to pull the original video after he included a fake email claiming HL was on the way within the next 5 years. He confirmed on stream, he did no verification, yet still decided to post all the emails again. Fat grain of salt, as it isn't clear what is verified and what isn't

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Boneworks is slated for a 2019 and is intended for the Knuckles although other controllers are also supported. That's about the closest idea we have to any Valve VR stuff.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Fortunately my brother bought Sekiro so I can play it, the game is great as expected. Only played a bit though, the OT is full of horror stories about the boss fights, getting ready to get my ass kicked.

Gonna give up on beating the boss of the first Dark Souls 3 dlc, I never see a summon sign and I can't do it alone.

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
Bloodlines 2 is interesting but I have a suspicion it's just going to be Torment: Tides of Numenera all over again.

Anyways the VTM IP is interesting but if the game means so much to you, why not just create a new IP (or use a different IP) to make a game with those characteristics. Seems doomed to commercial, and probably critical, failure.
Because you need to find funding for such a game? This game is getting made because Paradox bought White Wolf and wanted to do something with their new properties. Otherwise no one gives Hardsuit the money to make any such game and their ideas for another Bloodlines (with the IP or not) never come to anything.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
honestly i've had less trouble with the boss fights so far than some of the regular named dudes

also apparently i should've found firecrackers and an axe somewhere lol

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Took a screenshot for Sekiro and for the first time noticed how bad the steam compression algorithm is because it added a blur to the whole image that just isn't present on my 4K tv at native resolution. Texture detail is absurd for the small size and even tho I was very disappointed with the game it makes really excited to replay Dark Souls 3 some time in the next year.

Last edited:

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Alden Kroll, one of Steam's business guys liked my tweet asking if he was working on bringing back companies like EA or Bethesda to Steam. I wonder if it's something he's actively perusing (and what if anything they could do to make it happen). He did say Mirror's Edge Catalyst showing up on the Steam Client redesign was wishful thinking on their part but it's always hard to say what's going on with Valve.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
ok now that i figured out how to make my controlle stop being dumb, bluetooth is kind of amazing lol

also i continue to believe that the ps4 is probably the most stupid console design ever

how expensive it is to make a fucking power switch button

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Alden Kroll, one of Steam's business guys liked my tweet asking if he was working on bringing back companies like EA or Bethesda to Steam. I wonder if it's something he's actively perusing (and what if anything they could do to make it happen). He did say Mirror's Edge Catalyst showing up on the Steam Client redesign was wishful thinking on their part but it's always hard to say what's going on with Valve.

Optimistically, you could say it's interesting that he winked, too. Back when EA pulled Crysis 2 and Dragon Age 2 to double down on then-nascent Origin, there was a rumour floating around that the reason it did so is that it wanted a higher revenue cut to "offset" having to sell DLC for future games via the Steam Store, but Valve refused to budge. These days, though, there's also the matter of microtransactions.

Arulan

Oct 25, 2017
I won't be starting Sekiro until I get back from PAX, but thoughts on KB/M vs (Steam) Controller for this game?

Oct 25, 2017
Well guys, I did it. Bought a GTX 2070 after my old GTX 580 died and refused to boot. First card I bought since I built my PC in 2011. Haven't really played many graphically advanced games on my PC since about 2014, so I'll have a large backlog to look forward to.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
whelp, just spent like 40 minutes on the same mini-boss, got angry at the controls and decided to call it a night

still struggling with the combat, i feel it hasn't clicked for me yet and it might never will since it's such a timing based game and i'm shit at that

for now... i hate you stupid general surrounded by riflemen

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Took a screenshot for Sekiro and for the first time noticed how bad the steam compression algorithm is because it added a blur to the whole image that just isn't present on my 4K tv at native resolution. Texture detail is absurd for the small size and even tho I was very disappointed with the game it makes really excited to replay Dark Souls 3 some time in the next year.

Have you tried to change the settings of the screenshots to uncompressed in Steam Settings?
unknown.png

This should create an uncompressed copy in your folder (I think they still upload the compressed version sadly).

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Interestingly, Control Steam page still has 2019 as a release date, could it be that it's less than a year exclusivity deal, or Remedy simply shitting bricks so hard they forgot to change it?

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Interestingly, Control Steam page still has 2019 as a release date, could it be that it's less than a year exclusivity deal, or Remedy simply shitting bricks so hard they forgot to change it?

Well, it doesn't seem Control App or store page has been touched at all since it was put up. Maybe they forgot it exists.

TenaciousD

Banned
Mar 6, 2018
Ubisoft send me an email saying that I have 35 cub units that are going to expire at the end of this month.

If I spend 35 units on something, does it use the oldest ones first?

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
whelp, just spent like 40 minutes on the same mini-boss, got angry at the controls and decided to call it a night

still struggling with the combat, i feel it hasn't clicked for me yet and it might never will since it's such a timing based game and i'm shit at that

I spent two hours yesterday trying to kill a single regular spearman using Mikiri counter. 95 out of a hundred I would hit the button to do the counter and I would just get hit. To actually get a deathblow using the counter I would need to succeed four times in a row against this enemy, the best I managed was two in a row and I managed that exactly once. Well I killed Shinobi Hunter without using the counter but it wasn't particularly fun doing it that way.

From Software games have dominated my GOTY lists for years but Sekiro is so much more difficult to me personally because of the timing issues that it might be a game I can't beat or even enjoy playing. I certainly haven't enjoyed much of it it so far.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
To those of you who played Banished, how hard is it to get into? I am talking purely about learning curve, I am aware that it is supposed to fairly punishing in terms of difficulty. Are the systems intuitive?

Banished is a good builder game. I dont recall it being overly difficult. Just got to be sensible with your resources of which people are included. I remember it getting tricky once people start dying and so you have to allocate workers around to spread the load.

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I won't be starting Sekiro until I get back from PAX, but thoughts on KB/M vs (Steam) Controller for this game?

Similar thoughts to the reverse of playing a fps with a controller.

I spent two hours yesterday trying to kill a single regular spearman using Mikiri counter. 95 out of a hundred I would hit the button to do the counter and I would just get hit. To actually get a deathblow using the counter I would need to succeed four times in a row against this enemy, the best I managed was two in a row and I managed that exactly once. Well I killed Shinobi Hunter without using the counter but it wasn't particularly fun doing it that way.

From Software games have dominated my GOTY lists for years but Sekiro is so much more difficult to me personally because of the timing issues that it might be a game I can't beat or even enjoy playing. I certainly haven't enjoyed much of it it so far.

As someone who never bothered to parry in dark souls and very reluctantly used it in bloodborne I agree.

Parrying stuff just sucks as a mechanic. If I wanted to take risks in life I wouldn't spend so much of it on videogames.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017

The Ogre, the mini boss right after the Ogre and the Drunkard are the hardest mini bosses in the game so far because they do so much damage at the point of the game you are at. They essentially turn all fights into 6 hit encounters due to how little life you have to work with. The drunkard was my absolute wall on the first day I got the game and I became so dejected that I did not play the game at all the next day.

Ended up beating the Drunkard easily when I got back in today and since then every boss fights has taken 2 or 3 tries to take down. The game is clicking for me but also I just feel like with the extra healing I have now I can actually survive long enough to understand the boss patterns better.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
In both cases it's likely the publishers doing. 505 for Control and 2k's Private Division for Outer Worlds.
From what I've read it seems that Control is their IP, so I think Remedy had a saying in this deal, not sure about Obsidian, but considering that Outer Worlds is still on the Windows Store I doubt that management was in the dark as well.

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Well, it doesn't seem Control App or store page has been touched at all since it was put up. Maybe they forgot it exists.
Just like the storepage on EGS then. ;)

Also in other news since I haven't seen anyone talk about it, the first VR game is on EGS, Trover Saves the Universe! Does it use SteamVR or Oculus hmm?

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Thoughts on The Division 1 as a solo experience? Thinking about getting it during the current sale...

It's a pretty game and I enjoyed it plenty solo. As long as you don't come in expecting too much from the narrative throughline it's solid. The world is very atmospheric, especially if you turn on the optional lighting setting in the video options.

Status
Not open for further replies.