• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
Nice pull.

Project Zomboid is more worth your time.

The game that is still in early access and has absolutely no end in sight and is updating at a glacial pace? Not so sure about that one.

The game is all right but it still has a lot of work ahead of it. Did they ever finish the animation update? Also guessing that NPCs still aren't in.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
The cuteness of Project Zomboid's tutorial raccoon cannot be overstated.

tumblr_pg23waSrq31wq2fcco1_400.gif

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
More info from Valve we get more we can understand how hard is to run store like Steam. I guess Tim Sweeney and Sergey Gayolkin should read some of those tweets and listen some of the Valve talks to actually understand how business is done in certain markets.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
dNjIbxJ.png

evolving sekiro impressions. i'll have to agree with the sentiment that this game is noticeably harder, at least i seem to be struggling way more than i did with bloodborne and dark souls 3. honestly, i think mostly the expanded control scheme is throwing me off, and there's a lot of focus on reacting in timing and countermove and it's really hard to do, at least given my bad skills, and specially because i feel like neither the guard nor the dodge feel as responsive as in bloodborne/dks3 to just dance around and enemy and learn their patterns

still making progress tho, just slowly. and i'm kind of loving everything i run into, both the grounded and the crazy shit. i just really love the blend of supernatural and historic, there's magic stuff but it's showing a lot of restraint with it and i really like that

kind of wish it ran slightly better, some areas chug quite a bit

Lucky you =/
$CAN price is ridiculously high.
yea but maybe you're not gonna want to compare salaries

To contribute to the discussion about Sekiro's difficulty: I went somewhere I believe I should not be yet and died for 90 minutes on one stupid guy with a lance. Not even a boss? Stupid stubborn me.
Guy with a big long lance? That got me too. I think it was intentional. Once you know how to deal with them you'll laugh at how easy they are lol. They become the biggest joke in the game.
yea that guy can go fuck himself, took me so many tries. just dealing with him and the crowd is a pain in the butt

one thing that helped me is just sneaking around to land a first deathblow and then it's just a matter of killing him once

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Ugh, that boat stealth section in the Valley is trying my patience.

I'm attempting to get the "ghost the level without being seen or attacking anyone" achievement, and this fort in the swamp is seriously getting on my nerves.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Uh, I just received a warning for "illicit or illegal activity" for linking to Jump Tanks' Humble Store page after it had very recently been voluntarily delisted on Steam. I've already submitted a ticket disputing it, but this is exceedingly stupid.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
J4pCtAk.png

it just dawned on me that this game has actual tutorials. it's so weird

also according to my brother critics said this game was easy??

what the hell

sanhora

Oct 25, 2017
John Riccitiello interview — Is Epic buying Unity's developers? Really fun interview, probably thread worthy but I'm too lazy to make one.

GamesBeat: One thing that's different is that they have more riches from Fortnite to spread around and help their cause.

Riccitiello: I've been told by six people today that they were "bribed" to change to the Unreal platform.

GamesBeat: The store, or the engine?

Riccitiello: In some way, shape, or form, they were given money to switch engines. I just had major developer from a very large studio say, "We're going to stick." They're on their own tech and they're going to move to Unity. He was sitting right there an hour ago and said, "How do you feel about how they've offered me a shitload of money to use their tech?" And my response is, "Would you choose to use their tech for money?" The answer was no. He was testing whether I'd offer money.

We're in kind of a weird spot, when companies are–I don't know. Imagine if there was somebody in the aisle at the grocery store. You happen to be a Coke drinker and a guy from Pepsi says, "Here's 10 bucks, buy Pepsi." What does that say about Pepsi? It's just a little creepy. But having said that, I think Tim's a good guy. Their platform is solid. Fortnite is an amazing success. They're a customer. They use my tools.

GamesBeat: Like this rumor that Sony wants to buy Take-Two. It might make sense, but it doesn't make sense. [Most likely it does not make sense because you give up two-thirds of the revenue if you make it exclusive to Sony].

Riccitiello: Platform companies would give us an incentive not to support the other platform. What I learned in my time as a game publisher is that if I could support both platforms, it was better for my audience and better for my balance sheet and income statement to sell on both and get paid that way, as opposed to a bribe to do something that doesn't make sense.

But in this industry, not everyone is liquid. Not everyone has cash. Some people will take a lesser long-term view in order to take the money in the near term. I understand that.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
That number of users using cash took me by surprise and it shows how each region has really different habits.

If I were to buy Anime games on Steam, I would also pay in cash. I don't want any Anime transaction to appear on my bank statement. ;)

Uh, I just received a warning for "illicit or illegal activity" for linking to Jump Tanks' Humble Store page after it had very recently been voluntarily delisted on Steam. I've already submitted a ticket disputing it, but this is exceedingly stupid.

You will get the usual answer:

- Don't worry, it is just a warning, you were not banned.
- Okay, but the warning is undeserved.
- Thank you for reaching the support.
- *sigh* *close support request*

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
Is Sekiros 22fps bug fixed yet?

Nope. Making sure it runs on your main GPU and detaching secondary screens helps in most cases, but not in every case. Also detaching your other screens can be a major pain in the ass or as it happens to be in my case, I lose audio because it goes via HDMI through my second screen (TV) to a receiver. At least the game doesn't crash when I plug the TV back in and even audio works afterwards.

Oct 25, 2017
How HARD is Sekiro? I have never played Dark Souls. lol
The focus on stealth and your maneuverability makes the roaming part very managable.
If you want to you can easily and without any problems sprint past pretty much every enemy in the game. So if a particular part gives you troubles you can just run past it. Checkpoints also seem more frequent than in DS, but maybe that just feels like it because you are so fast.
The boss fights are hard and I think in general more demanding than the ones in the Souls games tho.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
The focus on stealth and your maneuverability makes the roaming part very managable.
If you want to you can easily and without any problems sprint past pretty much every enemy in the game. So if a particular part gives you troubles you can just run past it. Checkpoints also seem more frequent than in DS, but maybe that just feels like it because you are so fast.
The boss fights are hard and I think in general more demanding than the ones in the Souls games tho.

So basically "sit in corner and cry" hard :D

Oct 25, 2017
So basically "sit in corner and cry" hard :D
Or "My left hand hurts from frantically pressing LB that much". Which it actually does.

There are some remnants of the Souls games I wish they would have gotten rid off because they make no sense anymore (like not being able to just start at the boss) but overall it's a fantastic game - with some caveats like all From games

Last edited:

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
Will AC3 Remastered release on Steam?
Given the recent Ubi moves, they might just remove all of their games from Steam.
Would be a stupid thing to do (even EA didn't do this when they left Steam for EA DownloaderOrigin), but many of gaming company execs seem to be overdosing on lead in water as of late, so we'll see...

sprinkles

Oct 25, 2017
Guy with a big long lance? That got me too. I think it was intentional. Once you know how to deal with them you'll laugh at how easy they are lol. They become the biggest joke in the game.
I hope so, because my method was not working out for me really (getting one of the two deathblows out of stealth, and then finishing his second life within two of mine only succeeded when I got some lucky parries in when he did less of his lance moves). I left that level now because the boss oneshots me and went back to the starting zone...

Aeferis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
In Sekiro I'm not supposed to fight the

headless giant

deep down in that cave this early in the game, right?

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I think that Season Pass content has to be released on platform where it was sold.

You'd think so, but it's not unheard of for Valve to bend the rules for big publishers. We'll know once pre-loading has kicked off; at present, neither the Gold Edition nor Ultimate Edition packages have any depots or apps that are unrelated to Odyssey itself.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
You'd think so, but it's not unheard of for Valve to bend the rules for big publishers. We'll know once pre-loading has kicked off; at present, neither the Gold Edition nor Ultimate Edition packages have any depots or apps that are unrelated to Odyssey itself.

Well people will riot if they don't release it. And Ubisoft confirmed that Remaster will be on Steam https://steamcommunity.com/app/812140/discussions/0/1776010325116172512/#c1776010325116242990

But we all know how things change fast these days.

Also Sekiro surpassed yesterday numbers and reached 110K concurrent players on Steam.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
I still can't believe Bloodlines 2 is really happening. I started a new play through of the original on GoG yesterday. It feels like the millionth time I'm playing the game. I hope the new one can live up to it's predecessor.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw that Mystic Vale (the board card game) got a PC port this year:

I enjoyed it when I played it with friends.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Given the recent Ubi moves, they might just remove all of their games from Steam.
Would be a stupid thing to do (even EA didn't do this when they left Steam for EA DownloaderOrigin), but many of gaming company execs seem to be overdosing on lead in water as of late, so we'll see...
Yeah but what if someone bough AC Odyssey pass on Steam, it was advertised to come with AC3 Remastered so I suppose I should receive the game? EDIT: Saw the Dex post right now.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
I don't know if I have the desire to replay Persona 5 again. but if the rumor about a playable female protagonist is real, that would convince me.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I just finished RDR2 fully. Man what a game. Those characters will stay with me for a looooong time.

Status
Not open for further replies.