• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I know that RPS was briefly calling out the moneyhatting, but they have released some fairly pro-Epic pieces since. I guess the early reaction could have come from a different writer/contributor, but I don't follow RPS that closely.

Shengar

Oct 26, 2017
Let's be clear here. It's "journalists". It's not journalists.

PC Gamer, Eurogamer and RPS have ensured that I will be avoiding them in the future.
It's baffling how youtube tech channel that is Gamers Nexus shows more integrity and do actual journalist work than those site. Remember, they are covering hardware, things that costed vastly more than games ever will and in fact they had embargoed once by AMD for calling out preferential treatment. The way gaming press bent over to industry is shameful.

And those are a whole different problem.
Won't argue with you there.

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
Worth noting that EG, RPS and iirc PC gamer are all under the same media conglomerate umbrella.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I am convinced.

Why should I buy from EGS? Because of the free games.

vT46O9i.png

Vphb1E3.jpg

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Epic is like old friend who abandoned you at the worst possible time then won lottery and now wants to buy you back.

Aeferis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
If I recall correctly the same person who interviewed Sweeney for Eurogamer also did the Cage interview a couple of years ago, which was despicable in its own way (no matter how much I don't like Cage) since it was based on pure assumptions and on a personal grudge the interviewer apparently held against Cage.

Funny to see how different in tone the two interviews are.

Digoman

Oct 27, 2017
The latest "Tim says bs" thread is going as usual.... *sigh*.

At least it is another example to feed my "suspicion" that if EGS had really good numbers to share, no way Tim and/or Sergey would shut up about it.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone know how to disable gyro on the Switch Pro Controller? Trying to play Sekiro with it and that Gyro controls the camera makes me mad.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
I am kinda baffled how blatantly monotonous and one-sided games writing is on the whole Epic thing. Any truly diverse and healthy "press" should represent a range of opinions. (not that I feel that games writing is at all journalistic, or deserves to be called "press" - and I don't meant that as an attack, I doubt truly journalistic games writing would get much of a readership)

Is there any notable site or outlet that actually calls Epic out, and makes the point that this whole brouhaha is ... kinda shite? I'd really like to know.

mostly European press (Germany, Italy, etc.)

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Goddammit Valve, where's your VR stuff.

This Tweet is from 2017.

Where are the consumer version of the Knuckles? They are gonna lag behind if they release a HMD without inside out tracking now that other companies follows that route.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone know how to disable gyro on the Switch Pro Controller? Trying to play Sekiro with it and that Gyro controls the camera makes me mad.
Right click the game in your Steam library > Edit Controller Config - then click on the thing that says Mouse directly under the controller, and use the dropdown menu to get rid of it entirely.

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
The Valve HMD will almost certainly use the lighthouses. The Rift S using inside out is one of the points against it. The lighthouses are the best tracking tech right now and the only way to do full body tracking... how the hell is inside out going to track that?

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
The latest "Tim says bs" thread is going as usual.... *sigh*.

At least it is another example to feed my "suspicion" that if EGS had really good numbers to share, no way Tim and/or Sergey would shut up about it.

I'm actually surprised at the split of anti vs pro EGS in that one.

Feels like at least 75% of the thread are calling Sweeney out on his shenanigans.

Of course the bad-faith gasslighters are there, but their numbers seem to be dwindling with every successive EGS misstep.

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Took me longer than I wanted, but I was bored and I wanted something that captured how I feel about all this.

gHKNEV5.jpg

Last edited:

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im talking about releasing them for the consumer.
Things need to be developed before being released to the consumer. By all accounts, new iterations of the devkits were very rapidly put out. You have nothing to worry about.

I'm also not sure why did you even bring up inside out tracking either. Lighthouses are better than that, why would they downgrade their product?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
"So, Timothy, would you say you're being perhaps too pro consumer?"

"Sweeney, just how bad would you say Valve are exactly?"

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually surprised at the split of anti vs pro EGS in that one.

Feels like at least 75% of the thread are calling Sweeney out on his shenanigans.

Of course the bad-faith gasslighters are there, but their numbers seem to be dwindling with every successive EGS misstep.

Sweeney and Sergi keep putting their foot in their mouths.

And the datascrapping thing really hit them at least on Era.

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Outerworlds.
Cyberpunk 2077.
VTM:BL II.

WRPG coming home to roost everyone. WOW. I played all of the preceding games in each series (TOW is a sequel to New Vegas damnit) on my PC.

May I be able to afford a better one soon so I can do the same with all of these games.

Gaming is awesome, thank you gaming <3

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
Started Farcry 5 today. Couple of hours in. Yep its a Farcry game. Looks pretty good. The HDR seems to be turned up to 11, i cant see a thing when exiting a building. Is that normal? Otherwise im enjoying it. Still has some hilarious bugs. I was talking to a guy and then a badger or something jumped on his face and he died.

Oct 27, 2017
Started Farcry 5 today. Couple of hours in. Yep its a Farcry game. Looks pretty good. The HDR seems to be turned up to 11, i cant see a thing when exiting a building. Is that normal? Otherwise im enjoying it. Still has some hilarious bugs. I was talking to a guy and then a badger or something jumped on his face and he died.
Yeah, it has that sun blinding light when you exit a house or whatever, it was present on the xbox one x version as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.