• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
libraryoverviewgdc.png

https://www.gameinformer.com/gdc-20...acelift-with-library-redesign-new-events-page

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Looks nice.

One thing I'd love is, if you have the soundtrack downloaded into the weird Steam music player, just put a big old playlist somewhere on the page. I'd listen to more music for sure.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Players can filter their library and save that filter as a "collection" so they can create custom groupings.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah steam music needs a huge overhaul in general. I Have in my list at the top The Banner Saga Bonus Tracks list and then a shitload of random bullshit with names like 25_out that I have no clue about.

There's like 7 titles under Album, 3 under Ambience. Just make them uniformally use the game's name at the very least.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
I'm a -HUGE- extreme sports games fan (skateboard, bmx, ... who cares). The most recent ones I've played are Infinite Air With Mark McMorris (it's alright) and I tried Snow for maybe 10 seconds (didn't like it).

Is it mission based or just standard Ubisoft "here's a map, do whatever"?
As someone who also played Snow, Steep is WAY better, and is what I was wanting from Snow. It is essentially a massive open world with events littered everywhere, and you can run the events as many times as you want to get a gold medal. The events are standard sports things, like races, time challenges, stunt events, things like that. You can instantly teleport to anywhere on the mountain, and they now have two mountains. You can instantly switch between different sports, which includes skiing, snowboarding, paragliding, wingsuit stuff, and they also have a rocket pack where you're essentially the Rocketeer.

Deleted member 5864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But can I finally drag and move games around in tile mode? Probably not... I hope making unique categories finally stops being a nightmare.

Deleted member 5864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also I might be the only person who prefers horizontal game banners to vertical box art-like ones, but I guess I'll get used to it. Looks like Nvidia's launcher now.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Valve is traveling around the world to see what customers need around the world. Emerging markets are defined as one with a growing economy (India) or a potential to grow a lot more (Japan)

Meanwhile Epic is traveling around the world and throws money to developers XD

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Owning Epic again without moneyhatting.

Improving a storefront does more for me than bringing exclusives and console war shit to PC does.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Countries like Japan pay for their games that are different than the north american model. Japanese customers prefer to go in store to purchase a voucher. Japanese customers prefer to use cash. So Steam retail cards match the japanese model for purchasing games.

Steam provides 100 Payment methods. Only 10% of purchases are done via credit card, paypal, paysafe. The remaining 90% of purchases are mostly done via cash. Your customers probably dont use credit cards.

Aeferis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
"Steam provides 100 Payment methods. Only 10% of purchases are done via credit card, paypal, paysafe. The remaining 90% of purchases are mostly done via cash. Your customers probably dont use credit cards."

This is interesting

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
"Steam provides 100 Payment methods. Only 10% of purchases are done via credit card, paypal, paysafe. The remaining 90% of purchases are mostly done via cash. Your customers probably dont use credit cards."

This is interesting
I don't understand what this means. Are they saying that majority of consumers just use steam cash codes that they redeem on steam?

Veidt

Oct 27, 2017

They did that just yesterday

The most relevant part of that article is at the bottom:
As for whether Epic will continue grabbing exclusives in general, the panel said that its current strategy is about getting the 88/12 revenue split out there—a way to get off the ground—and that Epic won't be negotiating exclusivity deals at this rate forever.

"We could go to zero, or we could go to very very few major exclusives within a given year," said Allison. "We will definitely not be doing them on the scale we're doing them now."

It's pretty clear their strategy is to dominate 2019 in terms of media perception and keep securing exclusives all the way to 2020 (maybe later if things don't go their way), hoping this will do enough to establish the store in the consumer minds, before they focus on actually making the store self-sustainable.

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017

They did that just yesterday

As for whether Epic will continue grabbing exclusives in general, the panel said that its current strategy is about getting the 88/12 revenue split out there—a way to get off the ground—and that Epic won't be negotiating exclusivity deals at this rate forever.

"We could go to zero, or we could go to very very few major exclusives within a given year," said Allison. "We will definitely not be doing them on the scale we're doing them now."

damn, beaten

Status
Not open for further replies.