• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Yeah, I don't think Valve should pull the community features of any delayed game.

But I imagine they are looking into amending whatever agreements they have for all future releases that include some new stuff about release timing if the devs/pubs use steam features during pre-release period.

Also no cdkeys key for Sekiro yet. :(

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
When Valve offered a store page in exchange of $100, it was not stipulated in the terms of service that the app needed to be released on Steam one day.
Well, I guess there's a loophole. Hopefully, Valve will change their TOS asap.
Their card to play (other than a massive player base) is that they're the best platform for your PC games - keep working to improve that platform and give consumers options.
The problem is, devs don't give a shit about features or how consumer-friendly Steam is and right now Epic is capable of moneyhatting dozens upon dozens of AA to AAA games. I don't see how Valve can only compete with it by offering better features.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
The most illuminating thing in those Epic threads is seeing how much disdain developers have for their customers. Thank you verified tags.

Some devs behavior has made me go from "well a man gotta eat" to "WTF do you WANT me to attack you like the fanboys do or something?"

Or maybe theyve internalized just what theyve stepped in and how its getting worse by the week.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I own Dark Souls on the PC, but I've never played it.

I have played some Bloodborne on the PS4.

I'm always behind the curve. Feels bad man.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
6xZwiK0.png

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Will there be anything regarding Valve and their VR stuff this GDC? When will they ever show anything (VR, new client etc.)?

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I also want to point something else out about Itch.io:

While Epic scan your system, and add ways for publishers to track you. Itch.io are the only client I know of with an inbuilt sandbox, designed to PREVENT games from modifying or accessing files they shouldn't be looking at.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
I also want to point something else out about Itch.io:

While Epic scan your system, and add ways for publishers to track you. Itch.io are the only client I know of with an inbuilt sandbox, designed to PREVENT games from modifying or accessing files they shouldn't be looking at.

Windows Store?

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I could've missed it while browsing the store page, lol. Ironically, considering their statements in the FAQ, that makes it, even more, resemble false advertisement
After checking around, it seems that in the case of Industry of Titans, they're gonna launch as early access on EGS with a 1.0 release on both EGS and Steam a year later. Just so weird that Big Ben can't even say its launching on Steam a year later ON Steam.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
how's this vpn thing, can someone explain? i know osx comes equipped with a vpn, could i use my macbook to unlock it then play on windows?

i would like to not install anything

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
well at the very least epic has good taste in indie games
It seems to me the majority of games they are giving were heavily discounted or free in other services, like the Witness is free on Plus, was free on Live with Gold, it's on GamePass, it's on EA Access, it was in a Monthly and a regular bundle.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
New Rift looks sorta interesting, Higher res is great, but Refresh from 90hz to 80hz and not OLED is a real bummer. Inside out tracking is cool though.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
Got an Email from EA just now about a verification login, neat. Good thing I activated the security verification, changed my password right away.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
What would be Valve's perfect GDC according to ERA? My take:

1) Store exclusive RDR 2
2) Store exclusive Bloodborne and Uncharted quadrilogy + Golden Abyss remaster
3) The announcement that HL3 is almost ready and (obviously) PC (Steam) exclusive
4) Merger with GOG
5) From Software is now Valve's 1st Party developer
6) News about new features, VR etc.

crimsonheadGCN

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Clifton, NJ
Source?

I want to buy the Valve headset

https://uploadvr.com/valve-steam-gdc-updates/

Today a representative from Valve reached out to us about a talk the company is hosting at GDC to go over "new features and updates" regarding the Steam platform, multi-platform networking API, market analysis, and more.

The full statement sent to us reads as follows:

On Thursday, March 21 at 12:45 pm, representatives from Valve are scheduled to give a presentation on the Steam platform in West Hall 2011 during this year's GDC. Topics will include a global market analysis, information on the coming multi platform networking APIs, a first look at new features and updates, and more.​

Status
Not open for further replies.