• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Lol.

Devs didnt even know about the EGS deal:

intMgYK.png
O NONONO O NONONO

Like clockwork. But it's "good for the devs"

Custódio

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil, Unaí/MG
You know, for all the problems with the Windows Store and UWP, at least that was something that might have hurt the industry only on the long run at the worst case scenario. Epic is hurting the industry right now.

Right now, the Windows Store is just a crapy store that does no harm otherwise.

Last edited:

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
fuck

i think i'm going to buy The Outer Worlds on Windows Store, didn't have a lot of problems with FH4 and Gears 4 and i don't want to wait 1 year for the Steam release.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I just saw that one, too. Really disappointed. I can understand little studios like Nigh School taking the payout, especially for a game like Afterparty. Still won't buy it on EGS though.

Same here. If they want my business, they can find me on Steam, GOG, Humble and Itch.io.

crimsonheadGCN

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Clifton, NJ
Last Year: The Nightmare seems to be leaving Discord's exclusivisty soon:

RealDarthJayLast Monday at 9:26 AM

Hey everyone! We wanted to share an update on the development of Last Year, upcoming content releases, and the Steam version. For the past three months, we've been listening to your feedback and pushing patches to improve the balance, address bugs, and add polish features. The team sincerely appreciates your commitment and support as we build Last Year into an amazing franchise together, and we're excited to announce that the next update will not just be another balance patch... it will be so much more. We've been working on a significant content update and listening to your most requested features, and we think you are going to absolutely love what is coming. In addition to the new content, the Steam version of the game will be released alongside the update to ensure that both the Discord and Steam versions of the game are identical. The content update needs more time "in the oven" before its ready to go live, and so the Steam version will be available once the update is ready. As you know, Elastic Games is committed to delivering quality experiences to our community, and that attention to detail takes time. We are not revealing a release date on the update just yet, but we will have exciting news to share with you in time. Until then, we look forward to playing Last Year with you at our next community play night, or in discussing the game's future right here on our Discord server. Sincerely, The Elastic Games dev team

Thekeats

Nov 1, 2017
Have we found out whats going on with Observation?

Just checked the website and it only has a PS4 logo. Or have i missed an announcement?

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
People told me Operencia on Game Pass is Play Anywhere, but wasn't Epic exclusive?
Also Outer Worlds should be a Play anywhere title, right? And it should launch on D1 on Game Pass too since Obsidian is now a Microsoft first party.
Microsoft isn't publishing TOW, so it's not gonna be a GamePass game.

The fact that it's also coming to the WinStore is as big a concession as anyone's gonna get out of this mess.
(Not enough to drive me to upgrade to Win 10 though, so I don't really care- my plan is to build a new rig once Cyberpunk has a release date/next gen console specs are out in wild. I'll upgrade then)

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
They shouldn't react, in my opinion. Epic is going to keep throwing moneyhats around and developers will gladly accept them. Nothing that Valve says or does will change the mind of someone who sees a money bag in front of him. Valve should keep doing what it's doing, double down on providing better services to customers and say nothing.
I agree that it most likely won't change the attitude of pubs and devs, but Valve should show them that there's a repercussion for shit like false advertising, they're running business after all and sometimes they should act like a business.

Oct 25, 2017
Biomutant being published by thqn under its current situation already made me weary of getting it soon to begin with.

Yeah, I'm not bothering with THQ Nordic games right now.

Though I'm just about ready to call off my tentative boycott of Microsoft/THQ publishing collabs on account of there being no evidence of THQ getting any cut of the digital PC sales.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017

Vengeance Bundle on Fanatical ($4.99) includes Distant Worlds: Universe, a historical low for the game.

It's not much of a looker, but it's 100% the most deep & complex 4X space game ever made.

Think Dwarf Fortress of the 4X genre.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
It's annoying that Valve doesn't react to all this shit. Do something Gabe, post an article, delist games, announce HL3, whatever. There's no untouched cheeks left at this point, you can't swallow an entire sewer, have some pride.

The one thing that they can do is to make games sell on Steam, more and more. If the loss of not being on Steam outweighs the money given by Epic, fewer developers will accept that one year bullshit with Epic.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Vengeance Bundle on Fanatical ($4.99) includes Distant Worlds: Universe, a historical low for the game.

It's not much of a looker, but it's 100% the most deep & complex 4X space game ever made.

Think Dwarf Fortress of the 4X genre.

I played it for a while and I like the automation features, but I keep getting to the point where I end up automating everything out of laziness or lack of understanding/interest and I end up just watching the game play itself.

It's a great option to have though, allowing yourself to focus only on the 4X aspects you actually care about.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
I played it for a while and I like the automation features, but I keep getting to the point where I end up automating everything out of laziness or lack of understanding/interest and I end up just watching the game play itself.

It's a great option to have though, allowing yourself to focus only on the 4X aspects you actually care about.

I'll be digging in this weekend, but from what I've been told the best way to learn the game is to automate everything and just explore as the captain of a single ship.

Then you slowly take off the training wheels one by one. Toggling back on a single feature at a time, as you grasp each new game mechanic.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
The one thing that they can do is to make games sell on Steam, more and more. If the loss of not being on Steam outweighs the money given by Epic, fewer developers will accept that one year bullshit with Epic.
I think pubs/devs already understand that their games will most likely sell more on Steam, it's just that, for them, short-term gains from EGS outweigh long-term success on Steam, the way I see it, they think that they can simply milk Epic and year later throw a little PR bs to calm fans and crawl back to Steam while pretending that they care for the customers.

I don't see how it can change without Valve doing rather unpopular things (permanently delisting timed exclusives is one way to assure that pubs/devs receive the message).

Last edited:

TenaciousD

Banned
Mar 6, 2018
To buy Sekiro, or to not buy Sekiro...

Anyone know if it has ultrawide support?

Still haven't finished any of the Souls games either.

Berto

Oct 25, 2017
One thing about this sad state of things regarding EGS is how... inevitable it feels. I mean, it's like fighting a moving snowball, people in general don't care about their rights as a consumer and can't barely distinguish store names and company names. So many people at work call EGS "Fortnite Steam". For them, in the real world it's all the same and it's hard to argue with them about this. And these people are the vast majority of consumers. I feel more disconected with real world videogame consumers at each passing year, I barely know what Fortnite is. I barely knew what PUBG was, that was all my friends and work colleagues spoke about 2 years ago and nowadays no one talks about it. Yeah nowadays I feel like an old man yelling at the clouds:D

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
are primal and wildlands free on EGS? Or just for sale on EGS. I wont play them for years but I may aswell redeem on my recently hacked EGS account if they are free just in case they arent bundled by the time I play them.

Fanta

May 27, 2018
Sorry if it's been posted already but the creator of Itch has a few words about those "crappy games".

The @itchio store accepts your crappy games -- itch dot io C.E.O.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
I don't use itchio a lot but I definitely have a lot of respect for it's existence, especially after hearing that they don't even make profits with it.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Distant Worlds for $5 is actually a pretty great deal since it never seems to go on sale and is stuck at a $60 price point. Not sure if I have the patience to go back and relearn it when something bland (but serviceable) like Stellaris exists.

Eldon

Oct 27, 2017
Less than it should smh
So Sekiro, uh, seems like a good game. The best discount looks like the one on GMG (barring CDKeys obviously). Really don't know if I should dive in or not. Probably gonna wait for wsgf to release an ultrawide mod

Yeah, I'm done with gaming side.

PC discussions were better on gaf tbh, we had less trolling.
I think this EPIC shitshow would have been horrible even on GAF

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There was a great story about Itch and a game called "A good snowman is hard to build", but I'm having problems finding it.

From what I remember, at launch the dev of the game had this crazy idea where the game would have a discount proportional to how cold it was outside. He contacted Leaf because he couldn't find any sale API which would let him code something like this up.

There was no such API, but after getting the request, Leaf just said "sure" and started working on it. The API went live a few days later.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
There was a great story about Itch and a game called "A good snowman is hard to build", but I'm having problems finding it.

From what I remember, at launch the dev of the game had this crazy idea where the game would have a discount proportional to how cold it was outside. He contacted Leaf because he couldn't find any sale API which would let him code something like this up.

There was no such API, but after getting the request, Leaf just said "sure" and started working on it. The API went live a few days later.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/29/18118217/itchio-steam-leaf-corcoran-pc-games-indie

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Distant Worlds for $5 is actually a pretty great deal since it never seems to go on sale and is stuck at a $60 price point. Not sure if I have the patience to go back and relearn it when something bland (but serviceable) like Stellaris exists.

Yeah, Stellaris is so gd sexy top to bottom. The sights and sounds, really good writing too.

But...it's like a puddle in the depth dept. compared to the possibility space found in DW:U.

Can you imagine if they brought both teams together to create some uber-hybid of the two games, pulling on the greatest strengths of each? Man, that would be something.

Yeah, I'm done with gaming side.

PC discussions were better on gaf tbh, we had less trolling.

TBH, I kinda wish there was an Epic OT spin-off thread for PC Era where all the anger and frustration could be channeled.

Like I totally get that PC Gaming Era thread is just about the only "safe space" to talk Epic with zero trolling, etc. But man is it also depressing to read through page after page focused on the topic.

Sometimes you just wanna talk PC games sans the industry drama, dig?

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you!

Alan Hazelden for example, creator of A Good Snowman Is Hard To Build, had the idea of having a launch period where the price of the game would be determined by the real-world temperature. On most marketplaces, this would be impossible. On Itch, something this specific and absurd is a tantalizing challenge for Corcoran.

"I emailed to ask if there was a price-changing API that I could use, and a day later Leaf replied saying that he'd implemented one," Hazelden says. "That kind of response time and implementing features on a whim is unprecedented, and not something I've seen at any other store or would expect to see. They're incredibly responsive and considerate of developer needs."

Status
Not open for further replies.