• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Control?? That one hurts. :(

Not enough to make me use EGS tho. And thanks for getting console exclusives to PC, but I'll get them on Steam down the road. :p

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I knew Control was gonna go to EGS. It sorta hit all the points for the kind of game Epic aims for.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
lmao theyve only done that so you cant call them exclusives

cant wait for folks to tout that shit in threads now, one more thing for the trolls

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
RuhVJhO.png

I guess this includes Steam presales too, because it doesn't say it doesn't.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
RuhVJhO.png

I guess this includes Steam presales too, because it doesn't say it doesn't.
That doesn't say much, any chance for actual figures? Like did it sell 250,000 copies on EGS (assuming Metro LL sold 100,000 on launch)?
Also what if this takes into account the retail versions? What would the split be between digital and retail?

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
lmao theyve only done that so you cant call them exclusives

cant wait for folks to tout that shit in threads now, one more thing for the trolls

Welp, they're not going to be wrong.

Still not the same as being able to buy a key from amazon, or GMG, or cdkeys, or humble, or gog, or direct and choosing drm and steam launcher... Oh welp.

Aeferis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Waiting for Humble to sell Epic keys without their usual 10% discount for monthly subscribers like they did with Nintendo games.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't say much, any chance for actual figures? Like did it sell 250,000 copies on EGS (assuming Metro LL sold 100,000 on launch)?
Also what if this takes into account the retail versions? What would the split be between digital and retail?

They didn't say anything, it's launch sales only maybe. May or may not include steam sales too. So it says anything really.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
At least, we will get Humble Epic bundles!

Maybe even Epic keys in the Humble Monthly bundles!
I ain't redeeming them :V I'll prob. even go so far as to ask Humble to revoke my Epic key via Support :V

There was also Slime Rancher at 4.5M. If you think that's good for a free game, i'm down era.
That doesn't really say much. Recall that the EGS has 85 million users (according to them), that's around 5% of users.
Mind you this is a free game, how many of those 4.5 million would be interested in buying games on EGS?

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
feels like we are entering a new shitty era for PC gaming, tbh. This shit is just getting worse and unless fortnite dies it's not gonna end

TheTrain

Oct 27, 2017
That doesn't really say much. Recall that the EGS has 85 million users (according to them), that's around 5% of users.
Mind you this is a free game, how many of those 4.5 million would be interested in buying games on EGS?
I'm saying the same thing, probably its poorly worded. I don't think that 4.5M of download are a good measure for something that's...free.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Sleezy moves but luckily I have no quams about buying on EGS (bought Metro Exodus) I just wish they'd stop moneyhatting I'd love to get everything on Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.