• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Timed exclusivity is really fucking annoying, but whatever I've dealt with that in one way or another for years. So long as games eventually hits other stores I'll just be annoyed. It's not like there isn't still a billion games to play in the meantime.

sym30l1c

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Sekiro unlocks at 2pm in the UK tomorrow

Meaning is already playable tomorrow at 2pm?

EDIT: saw the Sekiro thread. If I check the store page in incognito mode it says 23 hours from now but it refers to the Japanse version.
I wonder if it will unlock at the same time.

Last edited:

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Peaky Blinders would have been perfect for Telltale. So I'd expect adventure game.

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh we're at the stage where we slag off the guy that probably helped dozens of indie devs in all sorts of countries get their footing now?

"Trying" as if he wasn't like at the forefront of the indie scene before Fortnite was even a twinkle in Sweeney's eye.

Gamers are the epitome of "But what have you done for me lately"

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyways, Gog is teasing something launching in 22 hours via email. Has a weird green giant image attached, so probably not Blood / VTMB? Or maybe just a weird unrelated image.

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So do we thing Epic is going to get boo'd on stage today? Or is this more of a pacified crowd.

I'd love me some booin'.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
copying my post from the GB thread

So I actually picked up Fallout 76 a week ago for cheap and to be honest I am having a blast without fallout 76, Actually shocked how much I am enjoying it. The survival aspect is done just right, and just exploring is great all the areas are built out well feels like playing a big fallout game. Honestly don't even miss the NPCs they were always so janky in fallout its not bad, the voice acting in the logs and what not is great. There is a new event that just dropped and was cool doing it with over a dozen people. everyone is super friendly some rando high level came up to me and gave me a bunch of recipes and plans for crafting that was cool!

Plays locked 60 @ 4k with everything maxed, though it does look like it was made in 2010 with some improved lighting. and granted I have a system that is pretty overkill for this game (2080ti OC'd/[email protected], 16gb 3200cl14)
Also haven't really noticed many bugs at all. Seems like they may have gotten most of them worked out.

I have had 4 crashes in the 20 hours I have played and every one of those has been when picking a lock. Weird.

z5DWKX0.jpg

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
Epic Games going after titles that have been stuck on console for one reason or another is something I'd like to see more of rather than the poaching. They're probably going to do both, anyway.

Also, the Switch getting Cuphead and hearing Nintendo give thanks to "their friends at Microsoft" is weird as fuuuck. Looking forward to seeing where that goes.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Oh we're at the stage where we slag off the guy that probably helped dozens of indie devs in all sorts of countries get their footing now?

"Trying" as if he wasn't like at the forefront of the indie scene before Fortnite was even a twinkle in Sweeney's eye.

Gamers are the epitome of "But what have you done for me lately"

Remember when he defended lootboxes? You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Just because he is doing good doesn't mean that people can't point out what they perceive he is doing bad now.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Epic Games going after titles that have been stuck on console for one reason or another is something I'd like to see more of.

This is where I'm at. If Epic are solely responsible for a game coming to PC then making it exclusive is ok in my book. After all, the alternative would be the PC audience not being able to play it at all.

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remember when he defended lootboxes? You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Just because he is doing good doesn't mean that people can't point out what they perceive he is doing bad now.

The only rebuttal people have posted in this thread basically amounted to "He's a fame whore" and steam made him money (ignoring y'know, their success on mobile). Don't act like this is coming from a rational or well reasoned place.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
For real, If Epic actually funded development of a game even if it's just port work, At least they are contributing to the game being made and exclusivity makes sense in that situation.

Swooping in once work has been done especially when it's already been stated to launch on another storefront is super greasy.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, Epic bringing games to PC that have been stuck on console for years would win me over.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Epic is probably not going to get any serious boos. I'd imagine most consumers that really care aren't going to be at GDC.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
Can't be mad about Heavy Rain coming to Epic Store since that was never going to come to PC. Also Heavy Rain is trash so whatever lol

Status
Not open for further replies.