• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Valve should just announce Half-Life 3 so we can get over with all of this exclusivity talk. Because this will the the only game we need.

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
Tbh if Epic announces KH series for PC I'll be happy, leveraging their usebase and bringing 3rd prty games that remained console only to pc is something I wished Valve did, Ubi and EA aren't interested in that and GOG is too small to attempt that.
My issue with Epic so far has been prices due to the whole 12/88 revenue split.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
It'll be fun all over.

b8tXq1q.jpg

I fear change.

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh if Epic announces KH series for PC I'll be happy, leveraging their usebase and bringing 3rd prty games that remained console only to pc is something I wished Valve did, Ubi and EA aren't interested in that and GOG is too small to attempt that.
My issue with Epic so far has been prices due to the whole 12/88 revenue split.

But that business practice is not necessary. Valve created a platform where thousands of developers have brought console only games to Steam over the past 6 years. Including Square themselves. Nier did amazing on Steam. DQ11 came to steam. Almost all of the Final Fantasy games are on Steam. So why do they all of a sudden require moneyhats for a multiplat console game?

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I'm excited to see the google GDC and hell, even the Epic one.

I'm a sucker for drama.

I have confession PC ERA- I can't buy any games this year. I made my resolution and I'm sticking to it. So....... I'm kinda more on the sidelines then some of the rest of you all. I'm more pissed about the principal of the matter than not buying a game or being unable to purchase a game.

Sorry.

Era should be ready if google decides to really throw their money around.....

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I have never in my life seen slower customer service than Uplay. On Saturday they said they would merge my 2 accounts (only have division 2 on the 2nd account as I accidentally redeemed on a different account I didn't even know I made years ago). But the merge has yet to occur.. I have contacted them twice since then and the customer service people said it has been escalated and that it is in queue to be done but they have no idea when it will happen. :(

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I'm excited to see the google GDC and hell, even the Epic one.

I'm a sucker for drama.

I have confession PC ERA- I can't buy any games this year. I made my resolution and I'm sticking to it. So....... I'm kinda more on the sidelines then some of the rest of you all. I'm more pissed about the principal of the matter than not buying a game or being unable to purchase a game.

Sorry.

Era should be ready if google decides to really throw their money around.....

COWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARDDDDDDD

crimsonheadGCN

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Clifton, NJ
I have never in my life seen slower customer service than Uplay. On Saturday they said they would merge my 2 accounts (only have division 2 on the 2nd account as I accidentally redeemed on a different account I didn't even know I made years ago). But the merge has yet to occur.. I have contacted them twice since then and the customer service people said it has been escalated and that it is in queue to be done but they have no idea when it will happen. :(

That sounds bad, but I think my recent dealings with Trion Worlds CS might be worse. It took close to 2 weeks for them to answer my initial request to have my authenticator removed from my account.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
That sounds bad, but I think my recent dealings with Trion Worlds CS might be worse. It took close to 2 weeks for them to answer my initial request to have my authenticator removed from my account.

Yea I want to play Division 2 though and I asked them and they said I shouldnt play it on the current account until the transfer is complete. Oh well, more time for the new Path of Exile league I suppose.

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure where to ask so I'll try here.

Is it possible to use headphones/mic for chat audio and speakers for game audio? How would that get set up, game or windows?

Closest I've got was plugging my headset in the front pink jack which worked for the mic but everything was output to the speakers.

Quoting myself here since I can't figure this shit out. Kind of tired of using my phone to chat while playing games.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
To be honest, I dont care about the google stuff all that much. It's probably going to be something experimental that will end up becoming forgotten to history. Not quite ouya levels, but probably Sega console style

Last edited:

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Quoting myself here since I can't figure this shit out. Kind of tired of using my phone to chat while playing games.
What kind of soundcard/motherboard do you have? My Mobo has a Realtek, and when I open the audio manager, I can click on Device Advanced Settings and have the front and back panels play two diff audio streams. It creates a new device called 2nd Output.

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
This google thing will have to be pretty amazing for me to consider getting one. I'm pretty happy where I'm at. Still, I like tech, so it will be interesting to see what it is.

Also, let me say good luck to all of the admins / mods that read this thread. This place is gonna be on fire this week.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
This streaming future we are hurtling towards just makes me skeptical of what lies ahead. If you don't actually have a game's files in your PC then things likes modding and tinkering with games will die out with it. Sure you can download a game to your PC and run it the old fashioned way but eventually game companies are gonna phase that out too.

Why bother providing support and service to trouble shooting hardware problems when you can force everyone to just stream games and remove the hassle and cost of hiring support staff to do that?

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This streaming future we are hurtling towards just makes me skeptical of what lies ahead. If you don't actually have a game's files in your PC then things likes modding and tinkering with games will die out with it. Sure you can download a game to your PC and run it the old fashioned way but eventually game companies are gonna phase that out too.

Why bother providing support and service to trouble shooting hardware problems when you can force everyone to just stream games and remove the hassle and cost of hiring support staff to do that?
That's why I'm so insistent that the remote desktop approach to streaming is the only way I would ever buy into it. Things like what Nvidia or Shadow offer.

Big publishers always want to take the approach which give them more control how people enjoy their products, and removes any sense of real ownership. Streaming is their dream scenario.

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
What kind of soundcard/motherboard do you have? My Mobo has a Realtek, and when I open the audio manager, I can click on Device Advanced Settings and have the front and back panels play two diff audio streams. It creates a new device called 2nd Output.

Mobo uses Realtek ALC892 for the audio driver. Didn't check the manager, I'll give it a try when I get home. Sounds like what i need. Thanks!

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
it's been a known quantity for a while.

re:google and epic gdc
Should I just avoid this place around 1pm EST or will it be melted down anyway like during E3s of yore

Go into it with the following expectations

Google: Consider everything google exclusive until confirmed safe. Also, google borrowed the ass to nose fart smelling hose from Sony (The one Sony used last E3), so just give them a bit of a pass on the fart huffing.

Epic Games: All exclusive.

nofuckinidea

Oct 25, 2017
Probably the most interesting GDC events for PC-Era:

Wednesday, March 20 | 9:30am - 10:30am
EPIC GAMES: STATE OF UNREAL (PRESENTED BY EPIC GAMES)
Sponsor Speakers: Tim Sweeney (Epic Games), Kim Libreri (Epic Games)

Thursday, March 21 | 11:30am - 12:30pm
EPIC GAMES STORE: AN UPDATE AND Q&A (PRESENTED BY EPIC GAMES)
Speakers: Steve Allison (Epic Games), Sergey Galyonkin (Epic Games), Joe Kreiner (Epic Games)

Thursday, March 21 | 12:45pm - 1:45pm
STEAM BUSINESS UPDATE (PRESENTED BY VALVE)
Sponsor Speakers: Kassidy Gerber (Valve), Alden Kroll (Valve), Ricky Uy (Valve)
Speaker: Tom Giardino (Valve)

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

Speakers: Steve Allison (Epic Games), Sergey Galyonkin (Epic Games), Joe Kreiner (Epic Games)

That EGS event is going to have some cringe worthy quotes, I can feel it in me bones.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Can we start bets on how long will Google games thing last? Will it surpass Google+? Or it will be more something like Allo? XD

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Can we start bets on how long will Google games thing last? Will it surpass Google+? Or it will be more something like Allo? XD
It will probably be long term. It will be combined with Project Stream.

You guys just dont realize how freaking big the mobile market is and how salivating it is for companies to get into it efficiently.

Edit: At least they have some self awareness:

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Doesn't seem like the EGS one is being recorded though.. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.